Vai al contenuto
Accedi per seguire   
Socrates

Juventus Season 2012-2013

132523 messaggi

e14svm.png

Serie A Week 14 - 25-11-2012 (8:45 p.m.)

milan300pixelheader.gif - juventus300pixelheader.gif

Giuseppe Meazza (San Siro) Stadium - Milan

Referee: Nicola Rizzoli

Juventus out to bring Milan back down to earth

Nov 23, 2012

AC Milan’s joy at qualifying for the Champions League could be tempered by a desperate need for points in Italy’s Serie A, and the formidable challenge of on-form visitors Juventus tomorrow.

Seven-time winners Milan beat Serie A champions Juventus into the last 16 of Europe’s premier club competition with victory over Anderlecht on Wednesday.

But the Rossoneri’s feat in Brussels will do little to hide the fact their domestic form, compared to the Turin giants, leaves a lot to be desired.

After 13 games, Milan sit in the bottom half of the table with a 17-point deficit on Juventus (32), who have a four-point lead on Inter Milan with Napoli and Fiorentina a point further adrift in third and fourth.

Indeed, if not for the goalscoring talents of forward Stephan El Shaarawy, who has a league-leading tally of 10 goals — half of Milan’s total — the red and black would be in even worse shape.

“Is El Shaarawy the Milan team? He’s the one making the difference for them so, yes, I’d say he is,” Juventus forward Sebastian Giovinco told juventus.com.

Juve, on the other hand, could not be more comfortable.

Since suffering their first defeat in 50 games nearly three weeks ago, they have accounted for Pescara (6-1), dominated Lazio in a scoreless draw and left Chelsea’s Champions League hopes hanging by a thread after a 3-0 rout on Wednesday.

In the corresponding fixture with Milan last year Juventus prevailed 2-1 at the San Siro, with Milan holding the Old Lady to a 1-1 draw in Turin in February.

Milan defender Mattia De Sciglio said: “Sunday’s match against Juventus will be tough, especially with what happened last year. They’re one of the best teams in Italy.” Since their 3-1 reverse at home against Inter Milan, Juventus have been virtually unbeatable.

But what is billed as one of the biggest derbies in Italian football will be hard to predict. In their 77 previous Serie A matches at the San Siro Milan have won 26 times with Juve winning 18 and 33 matches ending in draws.

Coach Antonio Conte, whose lengthy touchline ban ends next month, is taking nothing for granted.

A Juventus win tomorrow meanwhile, would extend their lead over Inter to seven points ahead of the Nerazzurri’s trip to Parma on Monday, when Cagliari host Napoli.

Condividi questo messaggio

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
132523 messaggi

xlf6gm.gif

Rivalry rekindled as Old Lady visits Milan

Nov 23, 2012

As the title race neared the final stretch last season, the Rossoneri were denied a legitimate and potentially decisive goal after Sulley Muntari's header was deemed to have not crossed the line despite having clearly done so. With Juventus returning to San Siro on Sunday night, all concerned will hope for a less controversial clash, one remembered for what did happen, rather than what didn't. These are two of the most decorated clubs in Italy, something which should be respected and appreciated each time they share a pitch.

The gap between the two clubs has grown since, but meetings between the pair are always highly anticipated. The admirable 49-game unbeaten run may have ended, but Juventus arguably remain the strongest side in Italy, and demonstrated that strength in Europe in mid-week. Meanwhile the Rossoneri have suffered since, with Christian Abbiati, Philippe Mexes and Antonio Nocerino potentially the only survivors from that clash in February likely to start this weekend.

However, trying to avoid reverting to the usual excuses, Milan will have reason to be confident ahead of the Bianconeri's visit having secured their place in the last-16 of the Champions League on Wednesday night. Nocerino's attitude after the Anderlecht game was exemplary, admitting his thoughts had already switched to Sunday while declaring, "we have to be humble and continue to live like this was our last chance".

With the media picking up on the expected presence of Marco Van Basten, the Milan legend will merely be in attendance hoping to see his former club secure all three points having dismissed speculation he could return to the club as a coach. The Dutchman returns to San Siro twenty years to the day from that magical night which saw him score four against Gothenburg.

Like many others in the stadium on Sunday night, Van Basten will be eager to see the development of Stephan El Shaarawy. The 20-year-old is surprising even his most ardent enthusiasts, taking his goal tally to unexpected levels so early in the season. Deemed a mark of 'greatness', it will be interesting to see whether the youngster can cope with not only the added pressure of being Milan's main threat, but his reaction to the quality of the opposition he will likely face. The Rossoneri were criticised for being 'Ibra-dependent' last season; have they replaced the big Swede with the young Italian?

It will undoubtedly be a battle on the pitch on Sunday night, with the midfield perhaps the key to success. Juventus boast three midfielders matched by few in the 'MVP' trio of Claudio Marchisio, Arturo Vidal and of course, Andrea Pirlo. Should Allegri similarly opt to deploy a three-man midfield, Nocerino, Riccardo Montolivo and Nigel de Jong must produce their best performances of the season thus far and lead Milan to victory.

Where will the game against Juventus be won and lost? Can Milan secure a win against the Old Lady?

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
132523 messaggi

xlf6gm.gif

Pato to be fit for Juve

Nov 23, 2012

Alexandre Pato's injury picked up in AC Milan's 3-1 Champions League win against Anderlecht on Wednesday is not as serious as first feared and the striker is expected to be fit for this weekend's clash with Juventus.

The Rossoneri take on the Serie A Champions at the San Siro on Sunday evening and expect to have the Brazil international available after releasing a statement on their official website.

It read: "AC Milan announce that Alexandre Pato, during the game in Brussels, reported a blow to his left thigh. Medical examinations showed no muscle damage."

Milan also went on to say the injury was only a "small bruise".

Elsewhere, reports have also indicated that Philipe Mexes suffered no prolonged effects to the knock he picked up in the same match against Anderlecht.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
132523 messaggi

2wg6lhu.png

Preview: AC Milan vs. Juventus

Nov 24, 2012

AC Milan host reigning champions Juventus on Sunday, with both sides fresh from important Champions League victories in midweek.

Juve will look to pick up where they left off on Tuesday when they crushed Chelsea in a dominant display. Antonio Conte's side are four points clear in Serie A and scored six in their last away match, a 6-0 thrashing of Pescara.

Milan will look to build on their win over Anderlecht as they welcome the reigning league champions to the San Siro.

Massimiliano Allegri is sweating on the fitness of Philippe Mexes, who limped off late on Wednesday after scoring a memorable overhead kick.

Recent Form:

Milan: DWDLDW

Juve: WLWWDW

Possible lineups:

Milan: Abbiati, De Sciglio, Mexes, Yepes, Constant, De Jong, Montolivio, Nocerino, Boateng, Pato, El Shaarawy

Juve: Buffon, Chiellini, Bonucci, Barzagli, Pirlo, Marchisio, Vidal, Asamoah, Liechtensteiner, Giovinco, Quagliarella

Sports Mole says: 0-1

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
132523 messaggi

swcy9l.png

MATCH PREVIEW

Nov 23, 2012

The protagonists in last season’s Scudetto race, Milan and Juventus resume their rivalry with very different objectives in mind.

This fixture provided season 2011-12’s most controversial moment, the ruling out of Sulley Muntari’s ‘ghost goal’ in a 1-1 draw at San Siro. It was the most notable flashpoint in what proved to be quite a bitter title race, with opposing Coaches Massimiliano Allegri and Antonio Conte regularly taking verbal pot-shots at one another.

This year there doesn’t seem to be anywhere near as much antipathy, Juventus President Andrea Agnelli even making a point of congratulating Milan for their qualification to the Champions League last 16 in midweek.

Of course it’s easier to be friendly towards an opponent that no longer constitutes a threat. The Rossoneri start the weekend 12th in Serie A, a whopping 17 points behind League leaders Juve. They have lost six times the amount of games the Bianconeri have, won less than half as many, and conceded twice as many goals.

That said, there’s been enough improvement in the recent displays of Allegri’s men to suggest that, whilst they may be unable to mount a Scudetto challenge of their own, they are capable of knocking La Vecchia Signora’s off course.

Both clubs did their duty for Italy with midweek European wins, Juventus bringing about the sacking of Chelsea boss Roberto Di Matteo by trashing the Londoners 3-0 and Milan defeating Anderlecht 3-1 in Brussels.

“This is an important game against a side that right now might not be among the top teams, but has a squad of great quality,” said Conte in a rare interview earlier this week. “We are the leaders, but mustn’t forget we haven’t done anything yet.”

“Sunday’s match against Juventus will be tough, especially with what happened last year,” stated young Milan fullback Mattia De Sciglio. “We’ll give 100 per cent to cause them as much difficulty as possible.”

Milan’s monstrous injury list includes Muntari, Djamel Mesbah, Didac Vila, Luca Antonini, Ignazio Abate, Bakaye Traore, Massimo Ambrosini, Daniele Bonera and Alexandre Pato.

Juve miss only one player but he’s an important one – Giorgio Chiellini.

Keep an eye on: Stephan El Shaarawy (Milan) – Not to go all Star Wars on you, but there is a sense that the Little Pharaoh is Milan’s only hope. “Is El Shaarawy the Milan team?” Juve’s Sebastian Giovinco wondered aloud. “He’s the one making the difference for them so yes, I’d say he is.” After his strike against Anderlecht, the 20-year-old has accounted for 12 of the Rossoneri’s 27 goals this season.

Form guide: Milan (W D W L D) Juventus (W W L W D)

Last season: Milan 1-1 Juventus

Stat fact: Juventus have lost just one of their last six visits to Milan at the Giuseppe Meazza.

Probable line-ups

Milan: Abbiati; De Sciglio, Mexes, Yepes, Constant; Montolivo, De Jong, Emanuelson; Boateng, Bojan, El Shaarawy

Juventus: Buffon; Barzagli, Bonucci, Caceres; Isla, Vidal, Pirlo, Marchisio, Asamoah; Quagliarella, Giovinco

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
132523 messaggi

xofhxd.jpg

AC Milan - Juventus Betting Preview:

Rare gulf in class between sides should see Bianconeri home

Massimilano Allegri was boosted by Milan's win in Europe in midweek but

Adam Bate expects that to count for little when in-form league leaders arrive at San Siro.

Nov 24, 2012

Juventus resume the defence of their Serie A crown after ending Roberto Di Matteo’s reign as Chelsea manager with an emphatic 3-0 win over the European champions on Tuesday.

The Bianconeri travel to Milan on Sunday to take on the team they deposed as champions of Italy and will start as heavy favourites at San Siro.

Juve have won 10 of their 13 league games this season and their form is in stark contrast to a stuttering Milan side that finds itself in turmoil languishing in the bottom half of the table.

Juventus are 13/10 (2.30) favourites with Marathon Bet.

The Rossoneri did at least have a morale-boosting win at Anderlecht on Wednesday with Philippe Mexes stealing the show thanks to a sensational overhead kick.

With their place in the last 16 of the Champions League now secure, it may be time to expect an upturn in league fortunes as they focus on domestic matters until the spring.

The visit of the champions certainly represents an excellent opportunity to assert themselves. Milan are 12/5 (3.40) underdogs with Marathon Bet to claim three points here. The draw is available at 47/20 (3.35). But the best bet is to back Juventus at 13/10 (2.30).

Milan may have home advantage but history suggests that is no stumbling block for Antonio Conte’s men – they have not lost away since May 2011.

In terms of other bets, there are some great options relating to the champions. They are available at 77/100 (1.77) to score in the second half of this game and, if previous encounters are anything to go by, then, this suggests that it is highly likely to happen.

Juve have scored after the break in 10 of their 13 Serie A matches this season and that looks great value.

But for better returns, it is important not to be fooled by the famous Milan name here. The gulf in quality between these two teams means it makes sense to back the visitors to get the job done.

They have the class - and the star names, including ex-Milan man Andrea Pirlo - and have had that extra day of rest. Back Juventus to win both halves of this one at a chunky 31/5 (7.20) with Marathon Bet.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
132523 messaggi

xofhxd.jpg

El Shaarawy: Beating Juventus would be priceless

The 20-year-old believes a win for AC Milan against the reigning Serie A champions

could kick-start the club's season, but is realistic over the size of the task ahead.

Nov 24, 2012

Stephan El Shaarawy says victory over Juventus on Sunday would be "priceless".

The highly-rated youngster has netted 12 goals in all competitions so far this season, but has been a rare ray of sunshine in what has been an otherwise disappointing season for AC Milan.

The Rossoneri have taken just a point from their last two league games, but after beating Anderlecht 3-1 in Belgium on Wednesday, the Italy international is determined to build on that result by taking all three points against the Bianconeri.

"Tomorrow is a super-important game in terms of the league table, but also for our growth as a team," he told reporters at a press conference.

"A victory would be priceless, but we need to give 150 per cent to achieve that. To win and score under the Curva Sud would be fantastic."

The 20-year-old has fast become Milan's talisman with several high-profile team-mates enduring inconsistent campaigns, but he says it is a responsibility that brings the best out of him as a player.

"Responsibility motivates me and I do not feel pressure," he added.

"My team-mates, the club and fans all have faith in me. It's all happening so quickly and it is everything a 20-year-old dreams of. It's very gratifying especially for my parents, who made so many sacrifices to help me."

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
132523 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Montolivo: 'Milan hit rock bottom'

Nov 24, 2012

Riccardo Montolivo feels Milan will learn after they “hit rock bottom” and become stronger for it against Juventus tomorrow evening.

“Let’s just say when we hit rock bottom, it did us good,” he told La giornalaccio rosa dello Sport.

“We were able to overcome the difficulties together and in situations like this a group of players emerges stronger at the end.

“Was the side suffering after so many leadership figures left? Of course you’re going to miss characters like that, but the gap must be filled. Have I filled it? It’s too early to say. I am at the disposal of the Coach and the team. I think a leader should set the example more than order people about.”

President Silvio Berlusconi visited the training ground last week and noted Montolivo reminded him of Andrea Pirlo.

“I am not worried by the head-to-head with Pirlo, because we are different players. He is more of a director of operations, while I also try to win back possession. Andrea is untouchable for all he did at Milan, so I won’t even worry about comparisons with him.”

The Rossoneri have a new superstar in their midst, as Stephan El Shaarawy is Capocannoniere despite turning 20 this month.

“Nobody expected such a strong season, not even him, but I have always liked El Shaarawy. He has pace and a real ability to split defences. He also shoots with power and precision.”

On the other hand, Alexandre Pato declared this week he wants to leave Milan in order to play more regularly.

“It is an unusual situation,” mused Montolivo. “You need patience with him, but it’s worth the wait. He is an amazing player and I have never trained with one so talented. It’d be a shame if he left.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
132523 messaggi

swcy9l.png

El Shaarawy: 'Beating Juve? Priceless'

Nov 24, 2012

There’s no stopping Stephan El Shaarawy at the moment and “beating Juventus would be priceless,” said the Little Pharaoh who still lives with his parents.

The 20-year-old is Capocannoniere and has scored 16 goals in all competition this season, winning a bet he made with teammate Massimo Ambrosini.

“I haven’t decided where I’ll take my vacation that Ambrosini will pay for, but it’ll certainly be somewhere warm by the sea,” he told the Corriere della Sera.

“I have to thank Coach Massimiliano Allegri, who had a fundamental part in my growth and was impeccable in my first season, knowing exactly when it was best to use me.

“What would I have done if Zlatan Ibrahimovic and Antonio Cassano had remained? I cannot know, but the fact is with their departure two places opened up at Milan. I haven’t heard from Ibra since he left.”

He may only be a young man, but the Little Pharaoh is not feeling the pressure ahead of tomorrow’s Milan-Juventus match.

“Tomorrow is a super-important game for the table, but also for our growth as a team. A victory would be priceless, but we need to give 150 per cent to achieve that. To win and score under the Curva Sud would be fantastic. The Juve player I admire the most is Gigi Buffon, who is great both on and off the field.

“Responsibility motivates me and I do not feel pressure. My teammates, the club and fans all have faith in me. It’s all happening so quickly and everything a 20-year-old dreams of. It’s very gratifying especially for my parents, who made so many sacrifices to help me.

“My mother lives with me in Milan, while my father travels to and from Savona. My parents take care of my money too. I don't go out clubbing and I don't have a girlfriend, as I just want to focus on football right now.

“I am tied to my father’s land and am happy to visit relatives in Egypt, but I feel Italian and was never remotely tempted when Egypt asked me to play for them. My dream is to take part in the 2014 World Cup and hopefully win it.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
132523 messaggi

xofhxd.jpg

Bojan eyes permanent AC Milan stay

The striker has not made the best of starts to his time at San Siro - scoring just

once all season - but hopes to impress between now and the end of the season.

Nov 24, 2012

Bojan Krkic wants to make his loan move to AC Milan permanent in the summer.

The 22-year-old forward joined the club on a season-long loan deal from Roma in August, and hopes to do enough between now and the end of the campaign to convince the Rossoneri of his worth.

"My mission is to be kept on by Milan. Nobody wants to stay with the Rossoneri for only for one season," he told Corriere dello Sport.

Bojan has scored just once in 14 appearances for the club - his solitary strike coming in the 5-1 demolition of Chievo - but he believes he should be judged on his all-round game and not just his goals tally.

"I miss scoring lots of goals, but I have always thought that a striker should not be judged just by the amount of goals he scores. The work he does for the team is also important," he added.

Milan take on Serie A leaders Juventus on Sunday on the back of a 3-1 Champions League victory over Anderlecht on Wednesday and the former Barcelona man believes he and his team-mates will be high on confidence going into the game.

"This match comes at the right moment. We got a draw in Naples after a positive performance, then we secured Champions League qualification," Bojan continued.

"Our confidence has increased and for us this game is a great opportunity. Every match is worth three points, but to beat Juventus would be a huge boost for us."

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
132523 messaggi

xofhxd.jpg

Serie A Week 14 - 25-11-12 (20:45 p.m.)

AC Milan - Juventus Preview:

Injury-ravaged Rossoneri face reigning champions

Massimiliano Allegri has more than a few concerns ahead of this encounter with the Bianconeri,

and given the visitors' record on the road this season, it is not going to be easy.

Nov 24, 2012

PROBABLE LINE-UPS

1_48x48.jpg MILAN

Abbiati

De Sciglio, Yepes, Mexes, Constant

Montolivo, De Jong, Emanuelson

Boateng, El Shaarawy, Bojan

3_48x48.jpg JUVENTUS

Buffon

Barzagli, Bonucci, Caceres

Isla, Vidal, Pirlo, Marchisio, Asamoah

Giovinco, Vucinic

AC Milan are expected to be without a number of key players for the clash against the league leaders as they look to recover from their disappointing start to the season.

A glance back at the team which lined-up when they met back in February tells its own story. A summer of upheaval at San Siro has done little to help the Rossoneri, who currently find themselves languishing in 12th place in Serie A.

Philippe Mexes is expected to be the only survivor in defence from that match nine months ago, with centre-back Thiago Silva now at Paris Saint-Germain and Daniele Bonera unavailable.

Defenders Ignazio Abate and Luca Antonini are sidelined which means young full-back Mattia De Sciglio and Guinean Kevin Constant continue at the back for Massimiliano Allegri's side.

Nigel de Jong is expected to play alongside Riccardo Montolivo and Urby Emanuelson in the centre of the park, while the hosts continue with Kevin-Prince Boateng, Stephan El Shaarawy and Bojan upfront.

Brazil striker Alexandre Pato, who is rumoured to be unhappy at the club, is a doubt for this match while Robinho is again expected to start on the bench.

Juventus head into the clash boosted by their dismantling of Champions League holders Chelsea. The Bianconeri are four points clear at the top of the Serie A table and have yet to lose on their travels this season.

Coach Antonio Conte has no real injury concerns either, and though Giorgio Chiellini picked up a knock against the Blues he is expected to recover in time for Sunday's encounter.

Mauricio Isla could replace Stephan Lichsteiner in a bid to freshen up the side, while Sebastian Giovinco, who scored against Chelsea as a substitute, may get the opportunity to start here.

DID YOU KNOW?

AC Milan lost six times already this season, this equals their total for the whole of the previous campaign.

• Kevin-Prince Boateng has attempted 42 shots on goal this season but has yet to find the net. Incredibly, Stephan El Shaarawy has had the same amount of efforts and has netted 10 times.

• Milan have won three and lost four of their seven home games this term in Serie A.

Juventus have been scoring for fun in recent weeks. In their last four matches they have struck 13 times.

• The Bianconeri have a very strong away record. From their six matches on the road they have won five and drawn one while are also the joint-highest goalscorers away from home with 16.

• Juve are unbeaten in their last three trips to the San Siro.

Head to Head

Coppa Italia ‎- Mar 20, 2012 - Juventus 2 - AC Milan 2

Serie A ‎- Feb 25, 2012 - AC Milan 1 - Juventus 1

Coppa Italia ‎- Feb 8, 2012 - AC Milan 1 - Juventus 2

Serie A ‎- Oct 2, 2011 - Juventus 2 - AC Milan 0

Club Friendlies ‎- Aug 21, 2011 - AC Milan 2 - Juventus 1

Last Five Matches

1_30x30.jpg AC Milan en_won.pngen_drawn.pngen_lost.pngen_drawn.pngen_won.png

Nov 21, 2012 - Anderlecht 1 - AC Milan 3 - UCL

Nov 17, 2012 - SSC Napoli 2 - AC Milan 2 - Serie A

Nov 11, 2012 - AC Milan 1 - Fiorentina 3 - Serie A

Nov 6, 2012 - AC Milan 1 - Malaga 1 - UCL

Nov 3, 2012 - AC Milan 5 - Chievo 1 - Serie A

3_30x30.jpgJuventus en_won.pngen_drawn.pngen_won.pngen_won.pngen_lost.png

Nov 20, 2012 - Juventus 3 - Chelsea FC 0 - UCL

Nov 17, 2012 - Juventus 0 - Lazio 0 - Serie A

Nov 10, 2012 - Pescara 1 - Juventus 6 - Serie A

Nov 7, 2012 - Juventus 4 - FC Nordsjælland 0 - UCL

Nov 3, 2012 - Juventus 1 - FC Internazionale 3 - Serie A

Players to Watch

27076_186x236.jpg

Stephan El Shaarawy

Arguably the one positive to come out of Milan's disappointing campaign. Has displayed a maturity which belies his years often being the one to dig Massimiliano Allegri's men out of a hole by scoring some crucial goals. Will be up against an experienced Juve backline and this will be a real test of his ability but one he can pass with flying colours.

50_186x236.jpg

Andrea Pirlo

It is difficult to find superlatives which have not been used for this man. Confident, assured on the ball, neat and tidy in possession, always seems to have that extra yard of space which no one else has. He may be coming towards the end of his career, but he is still arguably the Bianconeri's most important player. Oh yes, and he is not so bad at set-pieces either.

Prediction

Both teams will be in confident mood after their midweek heroics but Antonio Conte's men have yet to be defeated away from home this term and, given the problems that the Rossoneri have been having all season, it looks as though that will continue on Sunday at San Siro.

Editor's Prediction

1_30x30.jpg Milan 1 - 2 Juventus 3_30x30.jpg

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
132523 messaggi

xlf6gm.gif

AC Milan v Juventus: Preview

Nov 24, 2012

Juventus defender Giorgio Chiellini is urging his team-mates to carry the momentum from a memorable victory over Chelsea into tomorrow night's trip to the San Siro.

The Bianconeri are on the verge of clinching a place in the last 16 of the Champions League after cruising to a 3-0 win over European champions Chelsea this week.

The game took a lot out of Juve vice captain Chiellini, though, and the 28-year-old is facing a race against time to be fit to face struggling AC Milan.

He told giornalaccio rosa.it: "The match against the English was the most important game of the season so far.

"We knew we could not afford to go wrong and we played a great game.

"The downside of a win like that is that you can only enjoy it for one night, because then you have to start thinking about the next game, especially when that game is against AC Milan.

"We have to use the experience of the Chelsea game in the right way because it would be a serious mistake to relax now.

"That's something you can never afford to do against Milan.

"It will be an extremely intense game, between two highly motivated sides that want to win.

"I'm struggling a bit but it's only fatigue. Without taking too many risks, I will do everything I can to be there.''

The Italy international has identified the Azzurri's latest star, Stephan El Shaarawy, as the man he will be marking should he play tomorrow night.

El Shaarawy notched his 10th goal in all competitions against Anderlecht this week, with Chiellini noting: "He is the revelation of the season.

"We could all see his potential last year, though. Now he is scoring a lot of goals and becoming a key player for Milan.

"In addition to his technical quality he has the right attitude and he wants to show what he can do.''

Juventus deposed the Rossoneri as Serie A champions in 2011, and Milan's star has certainly fallen a long way since they secured 3-0 wins both at home and away in the 2009-10 season.

Fast forward two years and Juve top the table with 32 points, 17 more than Milan, who are languishing in 12th place.

Brazilian striker Alexandre Pato, who has revealed his dissatisfaction over his current part-time role at the San Siro, will sit out tomorrow's clash with a muscle problem.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
132523 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Allegri: 'New Milan against Juve'

Nov 24, 2012

Massimiliano Allegri admits he’ll change for Sunday night’s Milan-Juventus, talk of Alexandre Pato’s exit “is premature” and competition from Pep Guardiola is “not my problem.”

The Rossoneri were visited for the second Friday in a row by President Silvio Berlusconi, who landed at the training ground in his personal helicopter to motivate the squad. However, Berlusconi also stated Milan are battling Manchester City to sign Guardiola next season.

“President Berlusconi is very charismatic and uses the right words for every individual. A positive result would help to cancel out some of the negative things,” said Allegri in his Press conference.

“Guardiola? That’s not my problem. I have to focus on tomorrow’s game. I do not want to, nor can I, decide who will be the Milan Coach next year. It’s not up to me.”

Among those negatives is the Pato ‘problem’ after the striker said he’ll talk to his agent about a move so he can play more regularly.

“The lad was just blowing off steam in the heat of the moment. He needs to have the patience to understand that it takes time to get back to the player he was. He cannot resolve everything straight away.

“It is premature to talk about Pato’s exit from Milan. We have to concentrate on Serie A, seeing as we have qualified for the Champions League knockouts.”

It’s not just any Serie A game on Sunday evening, as leaders Juventus visit San Siro for a tense showdown.

“It is possible there will be a few changes compared the most recent games. This match is going to feel like it lasts 100 minutes, so some figures are tired. I am thinking about some changes in midfield and will evaluate what is the right move tomorrow morning. I hope it goes well.

“Tomorrow we need a perfect performance in every area, even if of course perfection does not exist in football...

“Will we man-mark Andrea Pirlo? No, we didn’t do that last season and won’t tomorrow either. Of course, we will keep a special eye on him.”

The tension is still dragging on from last term when Sulley Muntari’s ‘phantom goal’ crossed the line in their 1-1 draw, unseen by the officials.

“There has been enough talk about this all over the world. It would be pointless discussing it again now. At least I can tell the story to my grandchildren,” smiled Allegri.

“I don’t think Antonio Conte’s ban has damaged Juve, as they have 32 points and put in a great performance against Chelsea. It’s more of a trauma for him not being on the bench than it is the team.”

Philippe Mexes and Kevin Constant have recovered from knocks picked up against Anderlecht, but Pato is out along with Luca Antonini, Massimo Ambrosini, Ignazio Abate, Daniele Bonera, Sulley Muntari, Djamel Mesbah and Didac Vila.

“It is possible Robinho will start among the front three, yes. It’s a shame we are not higher up the table going into this game, but we have time to recover. A great performance would bring enthusiasm back to the fans and help self-confidence grow in the team.

“What has changed from the last Milan-Juventus? Well, 13 players have gone, but there’s no point talking about them now. I must work with the ones we have.”

Milan squad for Juventus: Abbiati, Amelia, Gabriel, Acerbi, De Sciglio, Mexes, Yepes, Zapata, Boateng, Constant, De Jong, Emanuelson, Flamini, Montolivo, Nocerino, Strasser, Bojan, El Shaarawy, Niang, Pazzini, Robinho

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
132523 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Chiellini out of Milan-Juve

Nov 24, 2012

Giorgio Chiellini is out of Sunday night’s Milan-Juventus clash, but Leonardo Bonucci has recovered from a stomach bug.

Chiellini was a major doubt after limping off during the final minutes of their 3-0 Champions League win over Chelsea on Tuesday.

The Italian international defender suffered a minor calf strain, but it is enough to rule him out of the trip to San Siro.

Bonucci was also at risk after coming down with illness, but the official Juventus website confirmed he has recovered.

Juventus squad for Milan: Buffon, Lucio, Caceres, Pogba, Pepe, Marchisio, Vucinic, De Ceglie, Giovinco, Barzagli, Bendtner, Bonucci, Padoin, Pirlo, Asamoah, Vidal, Giaccherini, Lichtsteiner, Quagliarella, Storari, Matri, Isla, Rubinho, Marrone

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
132523 messaggi

6i70qd.jpg

Juventus-Milan Preview: Round 14 —

Dancing With the Devil

Nov 24, 2012

Put the nail in Allegri's coffin? Well, a lot of Milanisti would probably welcome that, no?

In the past, this matchup would be talked about just as much as the Derby d'Italia or Juventus vs. Chelsea in the Champions League. It had as much clout as any game out there in Europe. It was the meeting of Italy's two biggest teams, the two most historic clubs out there in the country.

Well, maybe not this year.

Juventus are still Juventus. They are the ones with the Scudetto patch in the middle of their chests. Milan, on the other hand, aren't exactly the same Milan from five or 10 years ago. Heck, they aren't even close to the same team as last season.

Change is a natural occurrence. For AC Milan, club-rattling changes came in just one swift, fast-acting summer of seeing a whole bunch of players walk out the door. No more Ibra. No more Thiago Silva. They're off partying with just about half of last year's Serie A in Paris right now.

Those loses, along with their Old

But you know this by now. Milan's struggles this season aren't some new-found discovery that I used my investigative journalism class skills to uncover. This kind of season was kinda expected once the last few big names walked out of Milanello and went off to sign new contracts that stuffed their pockets full of cash. But to the extent of the struggles — so incredibly roller coaster-like — is a surprise to some.

So, because of this, a derby that has been so important has lost a little bit of its juice. Certainly not all of it, but doesn't it seem like it's lacking that so-called flair it once did? It was so competitive, so intense last year. Now, it seems like it just needs Milan to be more like, well, Milan.

Still, 1-2-3...AVANTI!

GOOD NEWS

For one, Juventus are back to being Juventus — crushing the opposition and allowing no goals at the same time. The post-Inter world is a beautiful one. There are wins — sans the scoreless draw with Lazio — and then there are the wins Juve have recorded the past three weeks. We need to look no further than the goal differential Juventus has put up since the loss to Inter the first weekend of November: Four games, 13 goals scored, 1 allowed. That's beautiful stuff. For somebody who loves them a combination of offense and stellar defense, that's some good lookin' stuff right there. If you need a minute, just see yourself out...

BAD NEWS

I want a Stephan El Shaarawy — and that's obviously because he's not on the Juventus roster. He probably won't be for quite some time — or ever — and that sucks. That just means Juventus are just gonna have to keep him from finding the back of the net, right? Yeah, that sounds like a fantastic idea. Go do that, fellas.

WHAT TO WATCH FOR

1. What the starting defense looks like. There have been rumblings, as many of us know, that Juventus' rock-solid defense may look a wee bit different come Sunday night at the San Siro. Leo Bonucci is battling the flu, while Giorgio Chiellini is showing a few after effects — a calf strain — of is his awesome play the last few weeks. In other years, I'd be freaked the hell out if a defender was sick and/or injured. Now, with the kind of options available to Antonio Conte, things are a little bit calmer as I type this preview out for all of you. If Luca Marrone has to take over for Bonucci, so be it. If Martin Caceres has to step in for somebody, that's okay, too. While they aren't starting on a regular basis, there a still some darn good players on the Juventus bench.

2. How said defense, regardless of its arrangement, contains Sonic the Egyptian-Italian. As I said, Stephan El Shaarawy is good. Really, really good. And of all the strikers scoring a bunch of goals to start the season, he is probably the most surprising. Not because he's doing so — the boy has talent. But it's the simple fact that he's currently one of Serie A's most consistent goal scorers and he's only 20 years old. Yeah, I don't really want to imagine how good he'll be in a few years, but I guess we're going to find that out soon enough.

3.Which Milan shows up. A lot of this season at Milanello can be described with one word: Inconsistent. It's had it's moments, but also it's extremely low points. Obviously the media is going to concentrate on the valleys rather than the peaks because, well, that's what sells papers and gets ratings. But if you didn't know any better, you wouldn't know that Milan are coming off a win in the Champions League and a 2-2 draw against Napoli. So it's not all bad, I guess.

4. Strikers! Let's talk strikers! Vucinic-Quagliarella? Vucinic-Giovinco? Quagliarella-Giovinco? None of the above? Yeah, a talking point every week has become that much more important now that Mirko's kicked his cold and was back in the lineup against Chelsea. We all know about the rotation Conte employs, we just don't know the exactly details of it. Quagliarella is the in-form player at the moment and this seems like another chance for him to shine. Maybe Conte has found a situation that works for him? I dunno. I'm still trying to figure this thing out.

My starting XI (3-5-2): Buffon, Barzagli, Bonucci, Chiellini; Lichtsteiner, Vidal, Pirlo, Marchisio, Asamoah; Quagliarella, Giovinco

OR....

My starting XI (3-5-2): Buffon, Barzagli, Marrone, Caceres; Lichtsteiner, Vidal, Pirlo, Marchisio, Asamoah; Quagliarella, Giovinco

Gotta be prepared for last-minute changes, right? Right.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
132523 messaggi

bex2so.jpg

AC Milan v Juventus – Injury News, Tactics, Lineups & Predictions

Nov 24, 2012

Two of the biggest Italian sides lock horns against each other as Milan host Champions Juventus in Serie A’s main event on Sunday night. Two teams who were at loggerheads with each other last season as they fought stride for stride alongside now couldn’t be in more contrasting situations in the league. Milan have struggled to replicate last season’s form and that doesn’t come as a surprise as the club opted to balance its books – selling two of their most important players in Thiago Silva and Zlatan Ibrahimovic to oil rich PSG. While Milan have weakened, Juventus have strengthened their squad with shrewd purchases in the summer market. The fruits of Marotta’s work are there to be seen as they look streets ahead of any team in the league.

Milan head into this fixture on the back of a morale boosting away win at Brussels against Anderlecht; a win that secured their passage through to the knock-out phase of the Champions League. At the same time, the Bianconeri’s dismantling of the European Champions at the Juventus Stadium sent out a statement of intent to the rest of Europe. A point off Shakhtar is all they need to go through to the next round of Europe’s premier competition. Juventus sit comfortably at the top of the table with a 4 point lead over Inter, their nearest competitors for the title. Milan, on the other hand, occupy 12th position on the table with 15 points.

Team News and Tactical Brief

AC Milan

While Milan may be getting their work done in Europe, it’s in Serie A where their struggles continue. Winless in their previous two encounters, Max Allegri’s head has been on the chopping block for long now and with each passing game and their inability to pick up the three points, his job at the helm of Milan comes under scrutiny. But Milan’s vice-president, Adriano Galliani, has been adamant that they will stick with Allegri through these tough times.

Allegri is expected to make just one change from the side that faced Anderlecht with Antonio Nocerino making way for Urby Emanuelson in his 4-3-3 formation. Mattia De Sciglio has been one of the bright sparks in an otherwise dim season so far for Milan. His attacking forays coupled with his defensive solidity has warranted comparisons with legendary full-back Cafu. Mario Yepes will partner French International Phillipe Mexes, who seems to have taken a page out of former team-mate Zlatan Ibrahimovic’s book with a spectacular bicycle kick during the European fixture.

Nigel De Jong will be the screen in front of the defense while Riccardo Montolivo will act as the creative outlet from midfield. The former Fiorentina man will look to orchestrate Milan attacks and will spray out balls left, right and centre. Bojan will spearhead the attack and while he doesn’t offer a huge target to aim for, he is dynamic and his pace could trouble the Juve defence. Kevin Prince Boateng and Stephan El Shaarawy will flank him in attack.

Milan may not see a lot of the ball and they may look to make the most of the high back-line Juventus will employ. El Shaarawy and Bojan have the pace to worry Juventus and as Chelsea showed, the Bianconeri back three could be troubled when counter-attacked with pace and trickery. But Milan will also have to be wary of the late runs made by Marchisio and Vidal into the box which have often gone untracked by teams.

Milan have Mesbah, Strasser, Didac Vila, Antonini, Abate, Traore, Ambrosini and Bonera all on the treatment table.

Probable Starting Line-up (4-3-3): Abbiati; De Sciglio; Yepes, Mexes, Constant; Montolivo, De Jong, Emanuelson; Boateng, Bojan, El Shaarawy

97kyso.jpg

Juventus

After their invincibility cloak was shrugged off by Inter, Juventus have responded with authority. Three wins and a draw against Lazio underlines their ability to recover from a rare loss. But against Chelsea, there was the urge and determination we’ve grown to familiarize ourselves with Antonio Conte’s side. The players played for each other rather than themselves and their arrogance was replaced by humility and an unwavering attitude that Conte demands.

Few changes are expected from the side that was deployed against Chelsea. Giorgio Chiellini was impeccable in defence against the English side but Conte will be sweating on the fitness of his big defender. Chiellini faces a race against time to make it to the eleven against Milan but the general feeling is that Conte won’t risk him. Martin Caceres and Lucio will be vying for the Italian International’s spot in the back three with the Uruguayan looking the favorite to start ahead of the former Inter man. Leonardo Bonucci too is a doubt and could miss the game due to a fever. Should he fail to make it in time, youngster Luca Marrone will take his place in the centre of the back-line.

The midfield picks itself, with the dominating trio of Vidal-Pirlo-Marchisio looking to stamp their authority on the game. Andrea Pirlo, of course, had a memorable time with Milan and will be pulling the strings from the heart of midfield. After a slow start to the campaign, Pirlo, just like his beard, has grown magnificently well into form. Mauricio Isla should return to the set-up with a break for Stephan Lichtsteiner on the table keeping in line with Conte’s rotation policy. Isla’s pace and willingness to take his man on could cause Kevin Constant a few problems but he will also have one eye set on Milan’s talisman, Stephan El Shaarawy. Mirko Vucinic is expected to continue his partnership with Juventus’ most in-form striker Fabio Quagliarella.

Juventus’ midfield tussle with Milan’s three makes for an intriguing clash and it is here where the game could be decided. On paper, Juventus are more than capable of dictating proceedings owing to their superior quality and the away side will look to take advantage of Milan’s lack of quality in defence. Attacking them from the outset will be Conte’s orders but they should be wary of the threat Milan pose on the counter. The home side’s inability to convince defensively from set-pieces and aerial balls whipped into the box is an area Juventus will look to exploit as well.

Probable Starting Line-up (3-5-2): Buffon; Barzagli, Bonucci, Caceres; Isla, Vidal, Pirlo, Marchisio, Asamoah; Vucinic, Quagliarella

Players To Watch Out For

Stephan El Shaarawy (AC Milan)

The shining light in a period of darkness, Stephan El Shaarawy has stood up and dragged Milan through these trying times single-handedly. The ‘Little Pharaoah’ has 10 goals to his credit in the league and his inspirational performances have been reminiscent of Zlatan Ibrahimovic’s displays at Milan. The Rossoneri will once again pit their hopes on the 20 year old’s shoulders in the hope of producing the goods he is well and truly capable of.

Arturo Vidal (Juventus)

The Chilean International is arguably the most in-form player in the Juventus roster. His all action display against Chelsea gained him many plaudits and rightly so as he announced himself on the European stage. Antonio Conte will hope for another lion-hearted display against the Milan giants as he looks to establish control over the midfield and support the Juventus attack as well.

Prediction

Milan 1-2 Juventus

Juventus have emerged as clear favorites for this game but it’s an encounter which Antonio Conte won’t allow his side to take lightly. Milan have it in themselves to run this Juventus train off its tracks. It will be an exhilarating encounter with both the sides hunting for a win but form and sheer difference in quality should hand Juventus the three points, but only just.

Blast From The Past

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
132523 messaggi

33m2xhs.jpg

AC Milan's Allegri says beating Juventus would be a boost

Nov 24, 2012

The match against Juventus is not the turning point for AC Milan, but beating them would "help boost our self esteem and make us forget all that has been negative so far", said AC Milan manager Massimiliano Allegri.

"In order to beat the Italian champions - he added - we must play aggressively and take great care in defence. Unfortunately, we're not first in the standings, but I'm sure we'll enjoy a comeback. A great performance would give us new enthusiasm and boost our self esteem. But we're going to need time to climb back up in the standings".

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
132523 messaggi

xofhxd.jpg

Vidal: Juventus will use their heads and hearts to beat AC Milan

The Chile midfielder says that his side can triumph against the Rossoneri and is delighted

with the nine goals he has scored, even though he tries to put the team ahead of himself.

Nov 24, 2012

Arturo Vidal reveals that he is feeling confident about Juventus battling to beat AC Milan in Sunday's Serie A clash.

The defensive midfielder expressed his passion for his club and went on to say that the team are starting to show the cutting edge that they possessed last season.

"How do we beat the Rossoneri? With our heads, hearts and legs," Vidal told TuttoSport. "After the match against Inter we went back to do what we did last year, with the pressure and the ruthlessness that we had throughout last season.

The Chile international is not known for his goalscoring abilities but he has found the back of the net nearly 10 times this season which has been a pleasant surprise for the Juve player.

"I am happy about the goals that I have scored," he added. "I never expected to increase my tally to nine goals at this stage in the season, but I do not count my goals for much.

"The only thing that matters is that the team wins. It is impossible to be sad here. I am happy to wear this shirt and be among these fans."

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
132523 messaggi

xofhxd.jpg

Allegri ignores Guardiola talk ahead

of AC Milan's clash with Juventus

Rossoneri owner Silvio Berlusconi recently revealed a desire to bring the ex-Barcelona man

to San Siro, but the current head coach insists his attentions are on Sunday's battle.

Nov 24, 2012

Massimiliano Allegri is ignoring talk of Pep Guardiola being lined up as the next AC Milan coach, instead choosing to focus his energies on the club's match with Juventus on Sunday.

President Silvio Berlusconi revealed his desire to bring the ex-Barcelona boss to Italy in the near future but hinted that Manchester City are leading the race to appoint the 41-year-old.

However, Allegri has brushed off the comments from his superior and pleaded that his only pressing concern is trying to beat the reigning Scudetto winners this weekend.

"Berlusconi always knows the right words to use; he is very charismatic," the former Cagliari coach told reporters on Saturday.

"His words on Guardiola are not my problem. I'm just thinking about the game tomorrow. It’s not for me to decide who will be the next coach of Milan."

Juventus, who visit San Siro on Sunday, are currently top of Serie A, while Milan languish 17 points behind them in 12th position as of Saturday night.

Allegri acknowledged the point difference and added: "We face the team that is at the top, the one that won the last title.

"They have good players and are well-placed in the league, but we have great self-esteem to serve up a good game and get a result. But we know that we are going to challenge a team that is stronger."

Allegri also responded to a question on the situation of Alexandre Pato, who is understood to be frustrated with life under the Rossoneri trainer.

"His temperament is very hot, he must understand that he only needs patience to return to his previous form," the Italian added.

"It’s too premature to talk about his departure, we think just about the football that needs to be played for now.

"But I know that he wants to play and I talked to him. I told him that he must be patient. Robinho? He could play tomorrow."

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
132523 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Bojan: 'Beating Juve a huge boost'

Nov 25, 2012

Bojan Krkic believes Milan can get the better of Juventus this evening. “Our self-confidence has improved, so beating the Bianconeri would be a huge boost.”

The Spaniard is one of the candidates to start in attack tonight, challenging with Robinho, Giampaolo Pazzini, Stephan El Shaarawy and Kevin-Prince Boateng.

“We fought back to draw with Napoli and qualified for the next phase of the Champions League, so our self-confidence has improved,” Bojan told the Corriere dello Sport.

“This is a great opportunity for us. It’s true that every game is a chance to climb the table, but beating the Bianconeri would be a huge boost. Juve are strong as a team unit and as individuals, but we have champions too.

“We are in front of our fans and above all we are Milan. We’ve got to work hard, but know that we can win this. We have to focus on maintaining possession. It all depends on us.”

The Rossoneri have been stuttering this season and remain in 12th place, a good 17 points behind Juve. Click here for a match preview.

“It isn’t easy to go through a situation like this,” continued Bojan. “When you lack certainty, every single setback knocks down your confidence. We need belief and you can tell immediately when a team believes in what it’s doing.

“I am fairly satisfied with my season so far. I could score more goals, but I have always thought a striker should be judged on more than just how many goals he gets. For example, I am asked to move off the ball and help the other strikers to run into space.

“I am not really a centre-forward fox in the box who can challenge physically with Leonardo Bonucci.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
132523 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Moggi: 'Ref chosen to damage Juve'

Nov 25, 2012

Luciano Moggi has stirred up controversy by suggesting referee Nicola Rizzoli was assigned to tonight’s game with Milan in order to ‘damage’ Juventus.

“The designator, unsure of how else to complicate his life and that of others, chooses referee Rizzoli for Milan-Juve without taking into consideration what happened in the past,” wrote former Juve director general Moggi in Libero newspaper.

“Rizzoli, used as a goal-line judge, caused all sorts of trouble and always in favour of Juve. Don’t forget the Italian Super Cup with Napoli, Catania-Juventus and Juve-Inter – all very recent games.

“The first to be embarrassed by this situation will be Rizzoli, as stepping on to the field with the ‘aura of Juventus influence’ can prompt him to make opposite decisions compared to beforehand out of a sense of uncertainty.

“Some are even suggesting Rizzoli was sent on purpose to damage Juve. I don’t want to believe such a thing, but we do have to ask ourselves how this sport works to understand why every week there is some controversy to calm down...”

This will be Rizzoli’s fourth time officiating a match between Milan and Juventus. So far his record is two Bianconeri victories and one for the Rossoneri, although all were played in Turin.

Moggi was the Juventus director general, but resigned in 2006 when the Calciopoli scandal broke, as he was found to have called the refereeing designator to influence the choice of officials assigned to their games.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
132523 messaggi

xofhxd.jpg

Montolivo: Juventus are more of a team than AC Milan

The Rossoneri midfielder admits that there is currently a gulf between his side

and the Bianconeri, but believes they can cause an upset in Sunday's clash.

Nov 25, 2012

Riccardo Montolivo has admitted that Juventus "have more quality" than AC Milan, but feels that the Rossoneri have every chance of beating the league leaders at San Siro on Sunday.

Massimiliano Allegri's side currently sit 17 points behind the Bianconeri, but the Italy international believes that his side can take inspiration from last week's game against Napoli, where they came from two goals down to earn a 2-2 draw.

"There is a big difference between us and Juventus," the former Fiorentina man was quoted as saying by La giornalaccio rosa dello Sport.

"They have more quality; they are more of a team. But we have the weapons to have a great match against them.

"After the games against Napoli and Anderlecht, it takes very little to make the same old mistakes again. A good result against Juve would send a message, above all to ourselves.

"The stadium should be full and furious. We cannot let them play and must defend away from our box and attack at every opportunity."

Massimiliano Allegri, meanwhile, is aware of the task at hand, but the former Cagliari boss is fully focussed on getting all three points.

"We are on the eve of an important game," said the Rossoneri coach in his pre-match press conference.

"We are facing the league's strongest team and we will have a good match from every point of view. A positive result would make things look different, and it would certainly be a big help.

"We will have to play with great intensity for 100 minutes, without faltering and making mistakes. It will need to be an almost perfect match."

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
132523 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Tassotti: 'Milan must be perfect'

Nov 25, 2012

Assistant manager Mauro Tassotti warns Milan “need a perfect performance” to get the better of Juventus tonight.

“We need a perfect performance. This is a difficult game, as Juventus are tough to beat and it isn’t easy to get a result against them,” Tassotti told Milan Channel.

“They are particularly strong in terms of tempo and possession. Tonight we cannot afford to throw the ball away.

“We have prepared as best as possible and will try to battle our way to a result. Qualifying for the next phase of the Champions League a round early has boosted our self-esteem, so now we can focus on tonight’s game.”

Marco Van Basten is in the stands for this big game after he was invited by President Silvio Berlusconi.

“It’ll be a little strange seeing Van Basten here and I’m sure it’ll be a very special moment for the San Siro fans.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
132523 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Line-ups: Milan-Juventus

Nov 25, 2012

Robinho returns to Milan’s trident attack, while Martin Caceres steps in for Giorgio Chiellini as Juventus visit San Siro this evening.

The historic Serie A showdown kicks off at 19.45 GMT, though what was a Scudetto battle with Sulley Muntari’s controversial ‘phantom goal’ nine months ago is now a very different beast.

The Rossoneri are in 13th place and 17 points adrift of leaders Juventus, missing Massimo Ambrosini, Daniele Bonera, Alexandre Pato, Luca Antonini, Muntari and Djamel Mesbah.

Robinho returns to the starting XI after his injury problems, joining on-form Stephan El Shaarawy and Kevin-Prince Boateng.

President Silvio Berlusconi visited the training ground this weekend and confirmed Milan are trying to sign Pep Guardiola for next season.

Juve are forced to make a change at the back, as Chiellini has not recovered from a calf strain he picked up against Chelsea.

Caceres is picked to take his place, leaving Lucio on the bench, while Leonardo Bonucci has recovered from a stomach bug.

Mirko Vucinic starts in attack with Fabio Quagliarella and Mauricio Isla is preferred to Stephan Lichtsteiner, while Andrea Pirlo faces his former club.

MILAN: Abbiati; De Sciglio, Mexes, Yepes, Constant; Montolivo, De Jong, Nocerino; Robinho, Boateng, El Shaarawy

Milan bench: Amelia, Gabriel, Acerbi, Zapata, Emanuelson, Flamini, Strasser, Bojan, Pazzini, Niang

JUVENTUS: Buffon; Barzagli, Bonucci, Caceres; Isla, Vidal, Pirlo, Marchisio, Asamoah; Vucinic, Quagliarella

Juventus bench: Storari, Rubinho, Lucio, De Ceglie, Marrone, Giaccherini, Lichtsteiner, Pogba, Pepe, Giovinco, Matri, Bendtner

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
132523 messaggi

swcy9l.png

HT: Milan lead Juve amid controversy

Nov 25, 2012

Milan have taken a controversial half-time lead over Juventus thanks to Robinho’s highly debatable penalty.

This was a Scudetto showdown nine months ago, ending 1-1 with Sulley Muntari’s ‘phantom goal’ not seen by officials. Going into this game, the Rossoneri were in 13th place and 17 points adrift of leaders Juventus.

They were also without Massimo Ambrosini, Daniele Bonera, Alexandre Pato, Luca Antonini, Muntari and Djamel Mesbah, so Robinho returned to the trident. Giorgio Chiellini didn’t make the trip due to a calf strain and was replaced by Martin Caceres, but Leonardo Bonucci recovered from a stomach bug and Andrea Pirlo’s ban expired. Mauricio Isla was preferred to Stephan Lichtsteiner.

Christian Abbiati pulled out in the warm-up with back pain, so Marco Amelia was a last-minute replacement and the captain’s armband given to Riccardo Montolivo. President Silvio Berlusconi and former Milan legend Marco Van Basten were in the stands.

Mattia De Sciglio’s angled drive whistled just wide, then Gigi Buffon used his feet to parry Kevin-Prince Boateng’s strike at the near post from a Robinho assist.

A deflected Fabio Quagliarella effort was easily held by Amelia and the crowd were irritated when Robinho went down under a Pirlo challenge and the referee waved play on. El Shaarawy’s finish on the counter was weak and into Buffon’s arms.

The referee pointed to the spot on the half-hour when Isla stuck out an arm when blocking Antonio Nocerino’s header, though replays suggest the ball actually hit him on the ribs. Robinho stepped up and Buffon did get his hand to it, but the power took it through anyway at the near bottom corner for the Brazilian’s first goal of the season.

Another Boateng counter was wasted when his shot was deflected meekly into Buffon’s grasp, but Juve struggled to muster much of a reaction. Bonucci was booked for tripping El Shaarawy on a rapid counter just before the break, but Montolivo’s free kick went through the wall and into Buffon’s hands.

MILAN 1-0 JUVENTUS (Half-Time)

Scorers: Robinho pen 31 (M)

Milan: Amelia; De Sciglio, Mexes, Yepes, Constant; Montolivo, De Jong, Nocerino; Robinho, Boateng, El Shaarawy

Juventus: Buffon; Barzagli, Bonucci, Caceres; Isla, Vidal, Pirlo, Marchisio, Asamoah; Vucinic, Quagliarella

Ref: Rizzoli

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
Ospite
Questa discussione è chiusa.
Accedi per seguire   

• Chi sta navigando   0 utenti

Nessun utente registrato visualizza questa pagina.

• Crea Nuovo...