Vai al contenuto
Accedi per seguire   
Socrates

Juventus Season 2012-2013

132524 messaggi

logo.png

UEFA CHAMPIONS LEAGUE (4th leg) - 7-11-2012 (8:45 p.m.)

140px-Juventusstemma.png................ 140px-FC_Nordsj%C3%A6lland_Logo.png

JUVENTUS - NORDSJAELLAND

Juventus Stadium - Turin

Referee: Aleksandar Stavrev (Macedonia)

Juventus in need of a reaction

Nov 7, 2012

Juventus lost their unbeaten record on Saturday and, as Luca Cetta writes, they need to rediscover their hunger tonight against Nordsjaelland.

There was something in the air in the black and white half of Turin on Sunday. It was a sensation rarely felt since May 2011. Then it was another in a line of continual disappointments. This was more unexpected. After 49 Serie A games without tasting defeat, Juventus witnessed their run come to a screeching halt at the hands of bitter rivals Inter. Not since Parma’s 2-0 win in Week 37 of season 2010-11 had they placed a stroke in the L column. Nine games prior was the last home defeat, against Milan. Like a never-ending goods train Juventus chugged along undefeated.

Antonio Conte now faces a first in his Bianconeri stint – rebounding from a loss. They’ve lost before under the former captain, the Coppa Italia Final last term. But on that occasion they did not have to bounce back four days later. This loss dented their aura of invincibility, which Conte needs to drill into his players again. Perhaps he will turn to the mythical ‘bat of nails’ to gain the required reaction. It did wonders for joker in the pack Simone Pepe last season.

Short of greeting every player with a whack of the bat as they entered Vinovo after the loss, Conte would have reminded his squad at training that this season is no cruise, even for the deemed favourites. Recent performances – even if the right results were obtained – proved that. Saturday also proved that.

It followed the recent trend. Starting well, switching off then finishing with a late flurry. Perhaps after taking the lead Juventus expected to walk away with a win, after all it had occurred so many times during the past year. This was to be different. The Bianconeri were punished by a team in fine form who tactically out-thought the Turin giants. As they pushed at the death Juve were hit at the other end.

Captain Gianluigi Buffon felt Juventus were carefree. “I did not like our attitude after we went 1-0 up. I don’t understand why we sat there waiting for them outside our own box, we were far too carefree. In my view we could’ve dealt with the game differently, but after 15 minutes we just left the initiative to them.”

Not since the demolition of Roma have Juventus battered an opponent. Gone are the swashbuckling displays of 2011-12, replaced by in-part brilliance and individual moments. With the additions to the calendar it is to be expected the level of intensity will not remain at its peak constantly. And after the drop, it is up to Conte to remind the team only with hard work will they prevail.

Aside from the change in mentality, the visit of Nordsjaelland is a chance to alter personnel. Bring in players hungry to succeed, players with something to prove. Paul Pogba, Fabio Quagliarella and Mauricio Isla fit the bill. Another has been guaranteed a spot from the first whistle – Alessandro Matri will start in place of the injured Mirko Vucinic.

The Old Lady is aware anything less than a win over the Danes will signal the end of her Champions League campaign. This means snapping the European draw-a-thon. They must put Nordsjaelland to the sword, boosting confidence and qualification chances. Use anger of the weekend loss to spur them. Channel their inner-Conte and Juve will be on their way towards victory.

As Buffon indicated the run had to end at some point. In context of the Champions League, possibly it came at the right time as Juventus looks to rediscover their verve in a must-win circumstance. As far as Serie A is concerned, Juve remains first with the second best attack and equal-second best defence. One loss is not a disaster. They just need a reminder of what this Juventus is about.

Condividi questo messaggio

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
132524 messaggi

logo.png

JUVENTUS - NORDSJAELLAND

Juventus Stadium - Turin

Bendtner eyes Champions League goal

Nov 7, 2012

Nicklas Bendtner is hoping to hit the back of the net for Juventus against Nordsjaelland tonight – but he’s not expected to start.

The Italian champions will entertain the Danish side at the Juventus Stadium in a game they must win after collecting just three draws from three games so far this term.

“I want to score my first Champions League goal for Juventus,” the attacker, on loan from Arsenal, stated.

The Old Lady, however, are set to field a front two consisting of Alessandro Matri alongside either Sebastian Giovinco or Fabio Quagliarella.

Mirko Vucinic will not be risked because of a fitness issue.

Juventus possible: Buffon; Barzagli, Bonucci, Chiellini; Lichtsteiner, Vidal, Pirlo, Marchisio, Asamoah; Matri, Giovinco.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
132524 messaggi

imagegoalcomconcept2sub.jpg

JUVENTUS - NORDSJAELLAND

Juventus Stadium - Turin

Juventus must defeat Nordsjaelland at all costs, insists Alessio

The Bianconeri assistant coach is aware of the importance of Wednesday's encounter,

and has stressed that the team need to triumph over the Danish champions.

Nov 7, 2012

Angelo Alessio has insisted that Juventus cannot afford to spill points against Nordsjaelland in their quest to claim a place in the Champions League knokout stages.

The Serie A champions currently sit third in Group E after three draws, and their assistant coach has made it clear that they desperately need a victory to advance to the round of 16.

"We understand the importance of this game. It’s an encounter to be won at all costs," Alessio said at a press conference.

"In order to do this we need to be determined and hungry to get the result. We’re aiming to progress in the Champions League and get through to the last 16.

"But we also acknowledge that we’re still developing as a side. Let’s not forget where we started out and the fact that we have many players experiencing this competition for the first time."

Wednesday's match at the Juventus Stadium is scheduled to kick off at 20:45CET.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
132524 messaggi

Square-Logo-med_reasonably_small.jpg

JUVENTUS - NORDSJAELLAND

Juventus Stadium - Turin

Juventus vs Nordsjælland PREVIEW: A Bit Of Perspective

Nov 7, 2012

Juventus-vs-nordsjaeland-champions-league-november-7-2012.jpg

It hasn’t been a great week by recent standards. But considering that one year ago Juventus was hovering just on the outskirts of the top of the table, with the most optimistic hope for a top-3 finish and a return to the Champions League brings back perspective – that when tifosi were stunned from a loss to Inter Milan, it was only because it prevented the 50th – read that again, yes 50th – consecutive undefeated match from occurring, well…

A bit of perspective is in order.

It’s time to bring perspective away from domestic competition and think about what the initial goal from last season, the UCL. Having accomplished that and then some, bringing home a serious piece of silverware, the bianconeri stay home to face Nordsjaelland in what is undoubtedly a must-win in order to keep their Champions League hopes alive (or at least into the knockout stage in order to secure that revenue remains on its way in).

It’s a bit of dejavu all over again for Juventus, as a paltry 3 points out of 3 games conjures memories from the team’s last jaunt into Europe (the secondary competition that is). Despite all three draws coming from behind and arguably showing that ‘grinta’ rediscovered after last year, some wonderful opportunities to gain a foothold in the group have gone squandered. Sitting in third place, they need to capture all three points at home against the little Danes that could; especially considering that the next two fixtures are away at Shakhtar and, albeit home, against defending Champions Chelsea.

Nordsjaelland, meanwhile, have just about saw the clock hit 11:59 from inside their magic pumpkin. Although, what is critical to note is that the one point they’ve earned in their first trip to Europe’s elite competition was against yours truly.

What will be key is whether Juventus can recoup and recover from the aforementioned defeat from last weekend. A common narrative from the aftermath has been that exact question. Yes, it is true that champions are made out of that ability. Juventus under Antonio Conte have never experienced that before, so their ability to rebound is virtually untested to this point (absent a post-scudetto hangover-induced thrashing to Napoli). That, and whether the rigors of playing on three fronts will finally catch up to them.

Despite that, reports suggest that interim coach Carrera Alessio (edit: whoever it is at this point) will play it safe with most of the lineup. I am a bit surprised to not see the lineup shift a bit more, expecting perhaps to see Lucio or Martin Caceres make a spot start to provide a breather for Andrea Barzagli or Giorgio Chiellini; although the former’s recent displays probably attest to why not. Perhaps more surprising, recent hero teenage mutant ninja Pogba finding a spot in the starting XI.

Per recent custom, the only changes seem to be the perpetually moving striker-carousel. Although goalless, Niklas Bendtner has looked decent off the ball and is surely not lacking in confidence – something a team with a tendency to miss that last winning goal could use a bit more of in the final third – and could also find a start against his (and Lars’) countrymen.

As for Nordsjælland, you’re lucky I can deliver a probable XI. Although rumors have been swirling that a certain Danish writer of JuventiKNOWS is offering readers one swift kick to his Danish groin per person in order to soften the blow in the event of dropped points. At press time, these reports could neither be confirmed nor denied, so I’ll just go ahead and confirm them to be on the safe side.

Niklas-Bendtner-juventus-hides-face.jpg

Juventus Probable Formation: (3-5-2) Buffon; Barzagli, Bonucci, Chiellini; Lichtsteiner, Vidal, Pirlo, Marchisio, Asamoah; Matri, Quagliarella

Nordsjaelland Probable Formation: (4-3-3) Hansen; Parkhurst, Okore, Runje, Mtiliga; Adu, Lorentzen, Stockholm; Laudrup, Beckmann, John

What makes a truly championship-caliber team is the ability to show resiliency in the wake of crushing defeat. Let’s not forget that the Mourinho-era Inter — a team widely regarded as one of the recent best in Italian and European football — never came close to such a long unbeaten run, even losing to an eventual 7th place Juventus during the course of that historic treble-winning season. The response in Turin will be key in terms of momentum moving forward, with ramifications beyond the Champions League.

And for the love of God, let’s please just have a win in Europe already.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
132524 messaggi

blackwhiteread-xl.jpg

JUVENTUS - NORDSJAELLAND

Juventus Stadium - Turin

Juventus vs. FC Nordsjælland Preview:

A Must-Win Situation

Nov 7, 2012

JUST WIN, DAMMIT.

Here are six words I've never typed in my 16 months writing for this blog: "Juventus is coming off a loss."

I don't know what to do. These new-found words are killing me. I'm just not used to this.

Okay, fine. I'll carry on.

Juventus begins the second round of Champions League group fixtures with only one objective: GOTTA WIN. That's the only thing that matters. Because of three draws in the first three group games, there's now nothing else that needs to be done

The situation is clear: Juventus needs to win out to leapfrog Chelsea in the Group E standings. That's not exactly a monumental task to ask, especially since the defending European champs have to face Shakhtar tomorrow. But, with Chelsea coming to Turin in a couple weeks and a huge trip to Ukraine lurking in the distance, now is the time to snap out of this Champions League funk and get some momentum going again.

I know I haven't said it in awhile, so here goes nothing: AVANTI!

GOOD NEWS

The line of thinking is that after a team loses, it gets pissed off. So, if a team loses to its arch-rival, it would be even more pissed off, right? That's the hope. That's what everybody wants to see from Juventus tomorrow night when they take the field.

And even more motivation: How Juventus played the last time they faced the Danish champions. If that isn't enough reason to get up for this one and then go out and get three points, then I don't know what to say. The fixture list has been kind to Juve when it comes to who is scheduled back-to-back games in the Champions League.

BAD NEWS

It's the Champions League and Juventus has been doing a lot of not winning in Europe lately. That's probably gonna have to change as soon as possible, fellas. Just a piece of advice there for you.

WHAT TO WATCH FOR

1. How Juventus starts. This is here for the sole reason of how they started last time Nordsjaelland was the opponents: TERRIBLY. Juve can't afford to have the Danish champs hanging around and risk there being any chance of a draw. Sure, a win is a win. But will anybody really feel comfortable if Juventus are playing mediocre and it's still tied 0-0 with not much time to be played? An early goal will do wonders to help Juve get three points. Although, the last time that happened it didn't really help in the grand scheme of things...

2. How Juventus finishes the game. You mention one, you're probably going to get the other. That's just how things go. And mainly since Juventus' second half against Inter wasn't very good at all, it's going to be interesting to see how things go the next time around. Up until Saturday's loss, Juve have been relatively strong when it comes to holding leads in the second half. But, with a loss in the rear view mirror now, it's going to be interesting to see how exactly the team responds.

Gee, where have I said that before? I should stop repeating myself in this preview.

3. The Mirko Effect. Do Juventus bring the mustached wonder back from his injury he suffered against Inter for a must-win Champions League contest and then sit him out over the weekend against Pescara? Or, do Juventus have Vucinic lay low and have him available against one of Serie A's newest teams?

4. Matri Watch 2012. Why? Because of this:

Alessio: Matri will start tomorrow night and will be partnered by Quagliarella or Giovinco

So, we know one of the starting strikers, thus making point No. 3 somewhat meaningless at this point since we know Vucinic won't play from the opening whistle. It's another chance for Matri to try and show his potential as the striker shuffle continues. His dip in form is pretty well documented by now, so I won't say much more than that. But if he's struggling, don't be surprised if Angelo Alessio has a quick hook and goes to somebody else.

5. The Giovinco Effect. Man, this lil' fella sure gets people talking — and it was no different after the Inter loss. The doubters were out in full force on the Twitter machine. Some of the criticism was valid, some probably a bit over the top considering who Juventus had just lost to. But the fact still remains that Super Seba has yet to totally find his feet since returning in the summer. Some people's patience is wearing out, some are still keeping the faith in the Juve youth product. I, myself, like to think I'm in the second group. But there's no denying that if he wants to start more often than not for the immediate future, things are going to have to improve.

6. The home crowd. Not because they were so great the last time the Champions League came to Juventus Stadium, it's because they weren't. Things are supposed to be resolved between the ultras and the club, but who really knows what is really the case sometimes. All I know is that the stadio better be rocking for the last two home games of the group stage. If not, there will be a lot of questions to be asked.

My starting XI (3-5-2): Buffon; Barzagli, Bonucci, Chiellini; Caceres, Vidal, Pirlo, Marchisio, Asamoah; Matri, Giovinco

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
132524 messaggi

405564_10150543159368762_10911153761_8555191_2101779743_a.jpg

JUVENTUS - NORDSJAELLAND

Juventus Stadium - Turin

FC Nordsjaelland defender Jores Okore ready to step up against Juventus

Nov 7, 2012

FC Nordsjaelland defender Jores Okore admits the team may be nervous ahead of kick-off against Italian giants Juventus when they meet in the UEFA Champions League on Wednesday night, but he remains optimistic they can claim a positive result.

The plucky Danes stunned their illustrious opposition a fortnight ago as they held Juve to a draw in Copenhagen, but the Superliga champions now face a testing trip to Turin to take on the Serie A title-holders and Okore expects a completely different match.

"I will probably be a little nervous when we go into the match," said the stopper, whose side sit bottom of Group E and two points adrift of third-placed Juve.

"It is a big job but I am ready to take responsibility, and I am good at telling myself that it's just a football game."

Juventus assistant manager Angelo Alessio is targeting the knockout stages for the Italians and believes that such an achievement would represent significant progress for a side that was only promoted from Serie B in 2007.

He said: "We would like to move forward in the Champions League and to get in the knockout stage. But we also know that we are on a path of growth, we have not forgotten where we came from and that we have so many rookies in this team."

Juventus will hand a fitness test to Mirko Vucinic, with the Montenegrin striker a doubt after suffering a calf injury against Inter Milan at the weekend.

Fabio Quagliarella, Alessandro Matri and Nicklas Bendtner are all vying to replace Vucinic, although the latter has still to score since joining on loan from Arsenal.

Nordsjaelland will make a late decision on whether captain Nicolai Stokholm will be fit to play after sustaining a calf injury.

He has travelled to Turin with the rest of the squad after a scan on Monday was positive after he sat out the weekend's game against Sonderjyske.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
132524 messaggi

46546157729310904367157.jpg

JUVENTUS - NORDSJAELLAND

Juventus Stadium - Turin

Alessio: Matri Will Start For Juventus Against Nordsjaelland

Nov 7, 2012

Juventus assistant Angelo Alessio has stated that Alessandro Matri will start Wednesday’s Champions League fixture against Nordsjaelland.

The Bianconeri host the Danish champions but have seen their attacking options depleted after Mirko Vucinic picked up an injury in the Derby d’Italia.

“He has a bruised calf, so we want to rest him”, Alessio said.

However the 47 year old believes there is plenty of quality in the squad to overcome any problems.

“Alessandro Matri will start on Wednesday, alongside either Fabio Quagliarella or Sebastian Giovinco. We are happy with all our strikers”.

Alessio also has confidence that Nicklas Bendtner will prove a hit in Turin despite failing to make an impression so far.

“Nicklas Bendtner has started well, but we expect him to improve and get on the scoresheet soon.”

Juventus currently sit third in Group E after drawing their opening three games. The group’s other game sees leaders Shakhtar Donetsk travel to Stamford Bridge to face Chelsea.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
132524 messaggi

CHAMPIONSLEAGUE.CA

JUVENTUS - NORDSJAELLAND

Juventus Stadium - Turin

Juventus vs. Nordsjaelland Preview

Nov 7, 2012

Wednesday night features an important Champions League Group E match between Juventus and Nordsjaelland in Turin. Sitting on three points just one behind second place Chelsea, Juve are in a must win situation. With the defending European champions traveling to Donetsk to face Shakhtar, it’s a real opportunity for the Bianconeri to take three points off Nordsjaelland at home as they have a very good chance of ending the week in the top two.

As usual, Juventus will deploy their 3-5-2 system with the regular back line of Giorgio Chiellini, Leonardo Bonucci, and Andrea Barzagli with Gianluigi Buffon in goal. Kwadwo Asamoah missed the game in Copenhagen, so he could slot in the left wingback position alongside the midfield trio of Andrea Pirlo, one of Arturo Vidal or Claudio Marchisio, and Paul Pogba, who is rumoured to start tomorrow night. Mauricio Isla will most likely replace Stephan Lichtsteiner on the right side after the Swiss defender featured on the weekend against Inter. Juve assistant manager Angelo Alessio confirmed that Alessandro Matri will start up front, but his partner is yet to be determined. Sebastian Giovinco or Fabio Quagliarella are the choices as Mirko Vucinic is questionable, so he might be a substitute if necessary.

Nordsjaelland have a few injury problems coming into the game. The Danish outfit could be without their captain Nicolai Stockholm, and while he has travelled to Turin, he missed the weekend match with a calf injury. Lasse Petry is also sidelined alongside Joe Sise. The key man for the Danish champions is Jores Okore, who was magnificent in the reverse fixture. Mikkel Beckmann might be the lone striker up front, he’ll be trying for his second goal in as many games against his childhood club. Jesper Hansen will be the starting goalkeeper, he was also brilliant against the Bianconeri two weeks ago. He might be just as occupied tomorrow.

The storyline surrounding this match is all about Juventus. The Scudetto holders had their 49 game undefeated run end on Saturday after a 3-1 loss at home to arch rivals Inter in the Derby d’Italia. Everyone will be watching to see how they cope with the defeat and whether or not they’ll be able to snap another streak: Nine straight draws in Europe. The derby on Saturday taught everyone two things about this football club. Firstly, they miss Antonio Conte. Angelo Alessio has proven to be a good assistant, but he’s managed his team to some less than convincing results like the 1-1 draw two weeks ago to Nordsjaelland. He lacks the motivation and what Italians call “grinta” that Conte has, so we’ll see if he can truly lead this team or if he’s simply warming up Conte’s seat for the next month. Second, Juventus desperately lack finishing in their strike force. Normally the midfield bails out The Old Lady, but against Inter all five of them were outplayed. Tomorrow will be the re-test as to whether the strikers can deliver in big matches and not be saved by the likes of Paul Pogba and Arturo Vidal.

For Nordsjaelland, they’ll be hoping to build on their impressive display last matchday. They played very well against Juve and deserved their point. If they stick to that same game plan, they have a good chance at getting a similar result. They’ll need to do something Inter Milan did effectively if they are to accomplish that. Man mark Andrea Pirlo, and stop the forward runs and long balls of Leonardo Bonucci. Inter manager Andrea Stramaccioni focused on this and it completely shut down Juventus’ attack and also put pressure on them at the back. If Nordsjaelland do this, it could be another Champions League nightmare for the home side.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
132524 messaggi

JUVENTUS - NORDSJAELLAND

Juventus Stadium - Turin

Matri in for Vucinic as Juventus take on Nordsjaelland

The Italian striker has been chosen to lead the Old Lady attack against their Danish

opponents on Wednesday evening, with the Montenegro international unavailable.

Nov 7, 2012

Alessandro Matri has been chosen to partner Sebastian Giovinco up front, in a Champions League match against Nordsjaelland the Turin giants must win to keep alive their hopes of making the next round of the competition.

The 28-year-old got the nod after it was confirmed that Mirko Vucinic would miss out on the match through injury, having sustained a knock in the weekend reverse against Inter that ended the side's incredible run of 49 Serie A matches without defeat. Fabio Quagliarella and Nicklas Bendtner, who were also in contention for the place left vacant by the Montenegro international, start from the bench.

Stephan Lichtsteiner is another change from Saturday, as he is replaced in the starting line-up by Mauricio Isla who will play on the right side of a five-man midfield.

The visitors, who lie bottom of Group E having picked up just one point from their opening three fixtures, are boosted by confirmation that Nicolai Stokholm will be fit to play. The club captain was a doubt before kick-off due to injury, but will take the field; Lasse Petry, meanwhile, is out.

Juventus (3-5-2): Buffon; Barzagli, Bonucci, Chiellini; Isla, Vidal, Pirlo, Marchisio, Asamoah; Matri, Giovinco.

Nordsjaelland (4-5-1): Hansen; Okore, Mtiliga, Parkhurst, Runje; Adu, Stokholm, Lorentzen, John, Laudrup; Beckmann.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
132524 messaggi

logo.png

JUVENTUS - NORDSJAELLAND

Juventus Stadium - Turin

Line-ups: Juventus-Nordsjaelland

Nov 7, 2012

Juventus must beat Nordsjaelland tonight to stay in the Champions League, so look to Alessandro Matri and Sebastian Giovinco.

The pressure is on the Bianconeri after their 49-match unbeaten Serie A run was ended by Inter on Saturday and their European hopes are hanging by a thread too following three stalemates.

Mirko Vucinic is not even on the bench due to a bruised calf muscle, joining Simone Pepe in the stands.

Stand-in Coach Angelo Alessio confirmed Matri would start, though there was a question mark on whether his partner would be Fabio Quagliarella or Giovinco.

Mauricio Isla and Kwadwo Asamoah take the flanks in a 3-5-2 system, but there is no room for Paul Pogba or Nicklas Bendtner, who are only on the bench.

Nordsjaelland earned their first ever Champions League group phase point – and goal – when holding Juve to a 1-1 draw.

The Danes have no particular injury concerns going into this game, as captain Nicolai Stokholm is back after missing the weekend’s Danish Super League tie with a calf problem.

They therefore use exactly the same line-up that held Juventus in their last meeting.

Juve have now drawn their last nine consecutive UEFA fixtures, but a win could put them back into contention as top two Shakhtar Donetsk and Chelsea face off at Stamford Bridge tonight.

Shakhtar lead Group E with seven points, followed by Chelsea on four, Juventus three and Nordsjaelland just one.

Juventus: Buffon; Barzagli, Bonucci, Chiellini; Isla, Vidal, Pirlo, Marchisio, Asamoah; Matri, Giovinco

Juventus bench: Storari, Lucio, Caceres, Pogba, Giaccherini, Bendtner, Quagliarella

Nordsjaelland: J Hansen; Parkhurst, Okore, Runje, Mtiliga; Adu, Stokholm; Laudrup, Lorentzen, John; Beckmann

Nordsjaelland bench: R Jensen, Gundelach, Christensen, Ticinovic, Issah, Christiansen, Nordstrand

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
132524 messaggi

logo.png

JUVENTUS - NORDSJAELLAND

Juventus Stadium - Turin

HT: Juve dominate Nordsjaelland

Nov 7, 2012

Juventus are back on their feet, dominating the first half and leading Nordsjaelland 3-0 with Claudio Marchisio, Arturo Vidal and Sebastian Giovinco. In the other group game, Chelsea are leading Shakhtar Donetsk 2-1.

The pressure was on the Bianconeri after nine consecutive European stalemates and on Saturday their 49-match unbeaten run in Serie A was ended by a 3-1 defeat here to Inter. Mirko Vucinic bruised his calf in that game and was therefore ruled out along with Simone Pepe, so Alessandro Matri partnered Sebastian Giovinco, while Mauricio Isla and Kwadwo Asamoah took the wide roles. Nordsjaelland earned their first ever Champions League point with a 1-1 draw when these sides met in Denmark and kept the same starting XI.

As Juve had drawn all three games so far in Group E, they had to win tonight or leave themselves a mountain to climb for qualification – namely having to beat Chelsea at home and Shakhtar in Donetsk. Once again, the Juventus Stadium was not full for the Champions League despite packing out Serie A games regularly.

Giovinco forced a save out of the goalkeeper when falling, but the linesman had correctly flagged him offside. It was an early warning that Nordjsaelland did not heed, as Juve broke the deadlock moments later.

Andrea Pirlo spread the play to the right for Isla to flash a ball across the face of goal and Claudio Marchisio was ready to tap in from seven yards.

Jesper Hansen had to sprint out of his box to clear from Matri when the striker sprung the offside trap in midfield. Giovinco had penalty appeals for a handling offence as he went to hook the long ball, but the referee waved play on, while Nordsjaelland desperately cleared in the six-yard box as Asamoah pulled back from the by-line.

Marchisio threatened a second goal on 17 minutes when getting in front of his marker to run on to a ball over the top, but the goalkeeper parried from point-blank range with his knee.

Arturo Vidal fired over from a Giovinco assist, while a crucial Enoch Adu tackle stopped the Atomic Ant short as he was about to pull the trigger.

Juventus did double their lead with Vidal acting as a real goal poacher. Isla put the loose ball back into the middle and Vidal’s shot was charged down by Lorentzen, but the defender wasn’t alert enough and Vidal snuck back in at full stretch to prod it in at the near post from six yards.

Isla charged into the area to sting Hansen’s palms, then from a Pirlo corner the looping Matri header cracked against the crossbar on 26 minutes, as it was absolute domination from the Italians.

A corner was cleared to outside the box, where Marchisio unleashed a blockbuster that Hansen palmed round the upright with great difficulty.

Giovinco broke his Champions League drought after numerous attempts in this first half. He gathered from Pirlo down the right and took advantage of Ivan Runje backing off slightly to smash an angled drive across Hansen towards the far corner.

Asamoah’s volley turned into an assist for Matri, but his first touch on the turn let him down.

Juventus 3-0 Nordjsaelland (Half-Time)

Scorers: Marchisio 6 (J), Vidal 22 (J), Giovinco 37 (J)

Juventus: Buffon; Barzagli, Bonucci, Chiellini; Isla, Vidal, Pirlo, Marchisio, Asamoah; Matri, Giovinco

Nordsjaelland: J Hansen; Parkhurst, Okore, Runje, Mtiliga; Adu, Stokholm; Laudrup, Lorentzen, John; Beckmann

Ref: Stavrev (MKD)

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
132524 messaggi

logo.png

JUVENTUS 4 - 0 NORDSJAELLAND

Claudio Marchisio (6′)

Arturo Vidal (23′)

Sebastian Giovinco (37′)

Fabio Quagliarella (75′)

Juventus Stadium - Turin

Attendance: 29000‎

CL: Juve demolish the Danes

16gkc95.jpg

Nov 7, 2012

Juventus brushed off talk of a crisis by crushing Nordsjaelland 4-0, but remain third in Group E after Chelsea's last-gasp 3-2 win over Shakhtar Donetsk.

The pressure was on the Bianconeri after nine consecutive European stalemates and on Saturday their 49-match unbeaten run in Serie A was ended by a 3-1 defeat here to Inter. Mirko Vucinic bruised his calf in that game and was therefore ruled out along with Simone Pepe, but Stephan Lichtsteiner was dropped to the stands. Alessandro Matri partnered Sebastian Giovinco, while Mauricio Isla and Kwadwo Asamoah took the wide roles. Nordsjaelland earned their first ever Champions League point with a 1-1 draw when these sides met in Denmark and kept the same starting XI.

As Juve had drawn all three games so far in Group E, they had to win tonight or leave themselves a mountain to climb for qualification – namely having to beat Chelsea at home and Shakhtar in Donetsk. Once again, the Juventus Stadium was not full for the Champions League despite packing out Serie A games regularly.

Giovinco forced a save out of the goalkeeper when falling, but the linesman had correctly flagged him offside. It was an early warning that Nordjsaelland did not heed, as Juve broke the deadlock moments later.

Andrea Pirlo spread the play to the right for Isla to flash a ball across the face of goal and Claudio Marchisio was ready to tap in from seven yards.

Jesper Hansen had to sprint out of his box to clear from Matri when the striker sprung the offside trap in midfield. Giovinco had penalty appeals for a handling offence as he went to hook the long ball, but the referee waved play on, while Nordsjaelland desperately cleared in the six-yard box as Asamoah pulled back from the by-line.

Marchisio threatened a second goal on 17 minutes when getting in front of his marker to run on to a ball over the top, but the goalkeeper parried from point-blank range with his knee.

Arturo Vidal fired over from a Giovinco assist, while a crucial Enoch Adu tackle stopped the Atomic Ant short as he was about to pull the trigger.

Juventus did double their lead with Vidal acting as a real goal poacher. Isla put the loose ball back into the middle and Vidal’s shot was charged down by Kasper Lorentzen, but the defender wasn’t alert enough and Vidal snuck back in at full stretch to prod it in at the near post from six yards.

Isla charged into the area to sting Hansen’s palms, then from a Pirlo corner the looping Matri header cracked against the crossbar on 26 minutes, as it was absolute domination from the Italians.

A corner was cleared to outside the box, where Marchisio unleashed a blockbuster that Hansen palmed round the upright with great difficulty.

Giovinco broke his Champions League drought after numerous attempts in this first half. He gathered from Pirlo down the right and took advantage of Ivan Runje backing off slightly to smash an angled drive across Hansen towards the far corner.

Asamoah’s volley turned into an assist for Matri, but his first touch on the turn let him down. Nordsjaelland were being steamrollered, so they made a double substitution at half-time, introducing Anders Christiansen and Soren Christensen for a 4-3-3 system.

Matri held up the long Pirlo pass for Vidal’s half-volley, well smothered by Hansen, and Paul Pogba replaced a limping Vidal to cheers from the Turin crowd.

Gigi Buffon finally had something to do on 63 minutes by beating away a long-range Patrick Mtiliga strike, but seconds later Fabio Quagliarella sent Matri clear on goal and the striker hesitated when one-on-one with the goalkeeper, allowing Jores Okore to recover.

Matri and Quagliarella had shots charged down in the same move, then the former Cagliari striker just failed to make contact with Pirlo’s pass at full stretch.

Quagliarella added a fourth goal from a set play. Pirlo’s corner was flicked on by Matri at the near post for Quagliagol to nod under the bar from five yards. It was his second Champions League goal after the one scored at Stamford Bridge.

Juventus 4-0 Nordjsaelland

Scorers: Marchisio 6 (J), Vidal 23 (J), Giovinco 37 (J), Quagliarella 75 (J)

Juventus: Buffon; Barzagli, Bonucci, Chiellini (Lucio 69); Isla, Vidal (Pogba 53), Pirlo, Marchisio, Asamoah; Matri, Giovinco (Quagliarella 60)

Nordsjaelland: J Hansen; Parkhurst, Okore, Runje, Mtiliga; Adu (Christensen 46), Stokholm; Laudrup (A Christiansen 46), Lorentzen, John; Beckmann (Nordstrand 73)

Ref: Stavrev (MKD)

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
132524 messaggi

Claudio Marchisio (6′)

Arturo Vidal (23′)

Sebastian Giovinco (37′)

Fabio Quagliarella (75′)

Juventus Stadium - Turin

Attendance: 29000

Bianconeri bounce back to boost qualification hopes

The Old Lady never looked back after Claudio Marchisio put Juventus into

an early lead, and ran out comfortable winners to leapfrog Chelsea into second place.

j6rguh.jpg

Nov 7, 2012

Juventus gave their hopes of qualifying for the knockout stages of the Champions League a sizeable boost, with a 4-0 win over FC Nordsjaelland in Turin.

Goals from Claudio Marchisio, Arturo Vidal, Sebastian Giovinco and Fabio Quagliarella saw off the visitors, as the Bianconeri bounced back from defeat to Inter.

The Old Lady were fast out of the blocks, with Marchisio slotting home from Mauricio Isla's low, right-wing cross after just six minutes.

The Italy international was nearly celebrating again moments later, but after deftly controlling Vidal’s through ball on his knee, his subsequent volley was well saved by Jesper Hansen.

The Bianconeri kept coming, though, and Vidal made amends for skying an early chance over the bar when well placed in the area, by making it 2-0 in what were farcical circumstances.

Hesitation from defender Kasper Lorentzen allowed the Chilean to beat Hansen at his near post with a tackle-cum-shot, to double his side's lead and leave the visitors with a mountain to climb.

There was no respite for the Danes, who were completely outclassed in a one-sided first-half. A perfect corner from Andrea Pirlo found Alessandro Matri waiting, but his header could only find the crossbar.

Moments later it was Hansen who once again came to the rescue when he fended away a storming effort from Marchisio, but Juve would not have to wait long to record their third.

Giovinco was given space down the right hand side of the box, and the striker struck a beautifully-executed looping shot that gave the goalkeeper absolutely no chance and put his side in cruise control at the break.

Just three minutes after the restart, the vibrant hosts were already on the march looking to add to their tally.

Vidal had the chance to let loose with a volley from the edge of the box, but Hansen was equal to the challenge to prevent Juve from adding to their lead - at least for the time being.

With an hour played FCN had their best effort of the match, finally forcing a save from Gianluigi Buffon after a decent effort from Patrick Mtiliga.

That strike failed to upset the pattern of play, though, and Matri was left clean through against Hansen and should have added a fourth, but the striker hesitated in rounding the keeper and saw his chance disappear.

There was to be one final flourish from the reigning Serie A champions on 75 minutes. Pirlo's corner was headed across the goalmouth by Matri, and Quagliarella was on hand to complete the rout.

The win moves Juventus up to second place in Group E, while Nordsjaelland remain in fourth place and face an almost impossible task to qualify for the knockout stages.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
132524 messaggi

logo_new.gif

Claudio Marchisio (6′)

Arturo Vidal (23′)

Sebastian Giovinco (37′)

Fabio Quagliarella (75′)

Juventus Stadium - Turin

Juventus Make a Statement Against Nordsjælland

2v0y7gk.jpg

Nov 7, 2012

Juventus have broken their record nine-match winless streak in Europe following a comprehensive 4-0 defeat of visitors FC Nordsjælland at the Juventus Stadium in Turin.

Following a disastrous end to Juventus' 49-match unbeaten streak at the hands of Inter Milan in the Derby d'Italia, Juventus were under pressure to make a statement to their opposition and make a statement they did. Debut Champions League goals to both Claudio Marchisio and Sebastian Giovinco ensured the Bianconeri kept the pressure on both Chelsea and Shakthar Donetsk.

Juventus came out of the blocks firing against the Danes and after Kwadwo Asamoah made his early intentions clear by marauding down the left-hand side of the field, it was only a matter of time before Juventus would indeed break the deadlock.

They did so just a minute later when Andrea Pirlo received the ball in the middle of the FC Nordsjælland half. After spreading the ball right to Isla on the wing, it was left to the Chilean to tee up Marchisio with a cross driven across the floor of the Nordsjælland penalty area. A simple tap in by the Italian set the scene for what was going to be an impressive Juventus display.

Pirlo, Marchisio and Vidal were pulling all the strings for the home side, releasing both Isla and Asamoah more times than one could keep track of. Giovinco was also getting in on the action almost setting up Vidal after a neat little cutback following some fancy footwork on the left by-line.

Vidal was left to right his wrongs just minutes later when he pounced on a poor touch from Nordsjælland defender Kasper Lorentzen, practically slide tacking the ball into the net to catch Hansen by complete surprise. Juventus were up 2-0 after just 22 minutes.

If FC Nordsjælland thought that Juventus' second goal would bring about a let-up in pressure, they were most certainly wrong. The Bianconeri had a point to prove and Marchisio made his intentions clear when he rifled a half volley at Hansen whose last ditch parry temporarily relieved pressure for his side.

They wouldn't be shut out for much longer though, as Sebastian Giovinco capitalised on a Juventus counter. The Atomic Ant latched onto a Pirlo pass and after jinking and jerking on the edge of the penalty area, he finished brilliantly into the far corner of the net leaving Hansen planted to the ground. The Juventus stadium was in raptures, up 3-0 prior to halftime.

Halftime couldn't arrive soon enough for Nordsjælland, who by this point still hadn't registered against the resolute Juventus back three. They would be made to wait a little longer to register their first chance. Defender Patrick Mtiliga fired a half volley from distance at Buffon who tapped the ball away to safety after it received a deflection on the way to goal.

The introduction of Paul Pogba and Fabio Quagliarella early into the second half marked Juventus' intentions to keep pushing forward. After Pirlo and Pogba constructed a move to win a corner, Fabio Quagliarella stepped up and headed the ball home after a touch at the near post by Alessandro Matri. Four goals to the good, job done in Turin.

To their credit FC Nordsjælland continued to push forward despite the result being well out of reach. A corner late on was almost unexpectedly finished by Jores Okore who ghosted in on the back post unmarked. Gianluigi Buffon was having none of it making his players aware of his thoughts determined to keep a clean-sheet.

The full-time whistle was met with a collective sigh of relief in Turin as Juventus finally returned to the winners' circle in Europe. The result ensures that Juventus remain one point behind Chelsea in the group. The Blues left it late to steal victory 3-2 against Shakthar Donetsk and will travel to Turin in their next group stage fixture. For now, it is safe to say Juventus are back in Europe.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
132524 messaggi

2jzc5u.jpg

Claudio Marchisio (6′)

Arturo Vidal (23′)

Sebastian Giovinco (37′)

Fabio Quagliarella (75′)

Juventus Stadium - Turin

Group E: Juve does it easy

inhket.jpg

Nov 7, 2012

Juventus registered its first Champions League win of the season after a comfortable 4-0 victory over FC Nordsjaelland.

First-half strikes from Claudio Marchisio, Arturo Vidal and Sebastian Giovinco, plus a second-half header from Fabio Quagliarella were enough to see off the Norwegian champion as the Italians finally tasted victory after three successive draws.

For the host, Mauricio Isla came in for Stephan Lichtsteiner who was injured in the 3-1 loss to Inter at the weekend, while Alessandro Matri replaced Mirko Vucinic.

The visitor made two changes from the team which won 2-1 at Sonderjyske, with Soren Christensen and Morten Nordstrand making way for Andreas Laudrup and Nicolai Stokholm.

Juventus was thankful for a Vucinic strike nine minutes from time to spare the Serie A champion's blushes when the two teams met a fortnight ago.

However, it took them just six minutes to get on the scoresheet this time as Isla's low cross from the right was converted by Marchisio from six yards out.

And it was two up after 23 minutes as Vidal capitalised on hesitant Nordsjaelland defending to slide in and divert the ball past Jesper Hansen.

The home side almost grabbed a third just three minutes later as Andrea Pirlo's corner was headed onto the crossbar from six yards out by Matri.

The visitor was struggling and needed a fine save from Hansen just after the half-hour mark, with the stopper tipping Marchisio's shot from the edge of the area round the post.

It was however three 10 minutes before the break as Sebastian Giovinco curled an effort from just inside the box into the bottom left-hand corner of the net.

The visitor did not manage a shot on goal during the opening 45 minutes and 20 minutes into the second half forced Gigi Buffon into action for the first time, with the Italian number one parrying Patrick Mtiliga's 25-yard effort.

Juventus rounded off the win in the 75th minute through substitute Quagliarella.

Group E: Chelsea snatches late victory

Victor Moses came off the bench to score an incredible last-gasp winner as Chelsea somehow survived a Shakhtar Donetsk onslaught to keep its UEFA Champions League fate in their own hands.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
132524 messaggi

CHAMPIONSLEAGUE.CA

Claudio Marchisio (6′)

Arturo Vidal (23′)

Sebastian Giovinco (37′)

Fabio Quagliarella (75′)

Juventus Stadium - Turin

Juventus 4-0 Nordsjaelland

sza9f4.jpg

Nov 7, 2012

Juventus snapped their run of nine draws in a row with a 4-0 win against Nordsjaelland on Wednesday night. The home side put on one of their best performances of the season in a game where they asserted their dominance in Group E. Goals from Claudio Marchisio, Arturo Vidal, Sebastian Giovinco, and Fabio Quagliarella sealed the deal in a lopsided affair.

The first half saw the Bianconeri get off to a flyer. Kwadwo Asamoah was terrorizing the left hand side, delivering two crosses that resulted in scoring chances, but were flubbed by Sebastian Giovinco and Alessandro Matri. Just six minutes in, Marchisio scored the opener thanks to his brilliant run and an exquisite cross by Mauricio Isla. It was Isla’s second assist in as many Champions League appearances. Besides the tally, Marchisio was world class tonight. His runs continually confused and opened up Nordsjaelland’s defense and had several chances to score a second. Not to be outdone, Arturo Vidal contributed to the midfield masterclass. He got himself on the score sheet after his shot in the box was blocked, he fought hard to win it, and slide tackled the ball past Jesper Hansen to make it 2-0 after 23 minutes. The effort from “El Guerrero” is one of many reasons why he’s one of Europe’s top midfielders and attracted a €30 million bid from Bayern Munich in the summer (which was rejected by Juve). The first half came to a close with Sebastian Giovinco adding a third. Juve countered up the pitch, received a pass from Andrea Pirlo, dribbled into the area, then powered it into the opposite corner in the 37th minute. By that point, the game was done and dusted.

The second half died down in goals, but not in entertainment. Juventus had eight more shots, and did find a fourth marker through substitute Fabio Quagliarella on 75 minutes. The near post flick-on and finish was a symbol of the second interval. Despite being 3-0 up, The Old Lady didn’t fall asleep. A total of nineteen shots and 56% of the possession told the story, but just looking at the expression of the players’ faces demonstrated just how determined they were.

If one sentence was needed to describe this game, it would be “Inter Milan have awoken a monster”. Four days after their first loss since May 2011, it’s clear that Antonio Conte and Angelo Alessio prepared their team well after the demoralizing defeat. They bounced back in a big way and looked very mad that their 49 game undefeated streak ended. In many ways, this game mirrored Juventus’ 5-0 win at Fiorentina in March. After drawing in four consecutive league fixtures, they stormed into the Artemio Franchi and demolished their opponents. The game tonight was the same scenario as the 5-0 win eight months ago. Many will say “It’s just Nordsjaelland at home,” but this is the same side that earned a draw against them two weeks ago. The difference was the mentality, but it also had to do with how they executed their game plan.

For one, the runs by Juventus’ attackers and midfielders tore apart the Nordsjaelland defense. The dynamic movement off the ball was deployed significantly more than in Copenhagen. This resulted in more shots and more goals. Another important factor was Juventus’ fast start, possibly the best one this season. They scored early last weekend, but the key was the second goal. If Juventus had scored again in the first half against Inter, it might’ve resulted in a point. They learned their lesson and bagged three within 31 minutes of each other.

The only negative for the Scudetto holders was Alessandro Matri. He was rewarded with ninety minutes, but botched three glorious chances, including one late in the game when he was one on one with the goalkeeper, but was tackled just as he cut past him. The argument can be made that he’s sloppy because of a lack of playing time, but when at a club like Juventus and is struggling, he must fight and work hard. He didn’t do that tonight, meaning he might never get another chance under Antonio Conte again.

For Nordsjaelland, it was an unlucky game. After all, they had to go up against a frustrated side. They didn’t have anywhere near the same performance as two weeks ago, but they did see some positives. For one, Jesper Hansen was great in goal like in the reverse fixture. He must be considered for the number one shirt for Denmark after the Champions League group stage is done. Morten Olsen, pay attention!

Even with the three points, Juventus still sit third in Group E. Chelsea picked up a late winner at home against Shakhtar, meaning both teams are tied with seven points. Juve’s next game is versus Chelsea on November 20th. From that matchday on, it’s going to be a dogfight as to who progresses to the first knockout round. Juventus had better be up to the task or else Italy’s champions won’t be playing Champions League football in February.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
132524 messaggi

Square-Logo-med_reasonably_small.jpg

Claudio Marchisio (6′)

Arturo Vidal (23′)

Sebastian Giovinco (37′)

Fabio Quagliarella (75′)

Juventus Stadium - Turin

Bianconeri Back To Business

2nvgqhs.jpg

Nov 7, 2012

The eyes of Juventini worldwide were on the team on Wednesday night, looking for a positive reaction after seeing the incredible unbeaten run of Antonio Conte’s men come to a crashing halt in Saturday’s defeat to you-know-who. Here’s Lars and Adam with the review.

MATCH ANALYSIS (by Adam Digby)

Just as one streak was brought to an abrupt end at the hands of *them*, it was most certainly time to bring Juve’s other record setting run to a close and, for the first time since August 2010 taste victory in a continental tie. Indeed, since seeing Gigi Delneri lead the side to a win over Sturm Graz two years ago, the Bianconeri had tied nine consecutive European games, drawing against a variety of opponents.

Yet the worst of those was the last, the unconvincing, apathetic and frankly embarrassing performance against FC Nordsjaelland two weeks ago that ended 1-1, a draw that highlighted more than any other game the complacency that had begun to set in at the club. It was imperative that the team answered those accusations and the team selected by Antonio Conte against the Danish Champions told us much about how seriously this match was being taken.

Here there would be no rotation, no room for sentiment and no resting of players as the Coach picked – with the exception of the injured Mirko Vucinic – what is perhaps his strongest eleven, building around the core of Gigi Buffon, the usual three defenders and of course the M-V-P midfield. Kwadwo Asamoah resumed his role on the left while Mauricio Isla took over from the struggling Stephan Lichsteiner on the right. True to Angelo Alessio’s word at the pre-match press conference, Alessandro Matri started in attack, selected alongside Sebastian Giovinco as the Bianconeri looked to control the game from the outset.

They would do just that, Claudio Marchisio making a wonderfully timed run to get onto Isla’s low cross following a great pass from Andrea Pirlo and Juventus would never look back, Arturo Vidal next on the score-sheet, actually managing to tackle the ball into the net after seeing his first effort partially blocked. The performance of those two – as well as Pirlo who appeared back to his best after a number of sub-par showings – was no doubt inspired by the recent form of Paul Pogba as the young Frenchman has made a brilliant start to his Juve career and is already pressing hard for increased playing time.

Pirlo would go on to set up another first half goal, his wonderful ball drawing an equally sublime finish from the previously wasteful Giovinco as the striker joined former Primavera team-mate Marchisio as both surprisingly recorded their first European goals on the same night. Nordsjaelland looked stunned as Conte’s men strangled the life out of their usually neat possession based game, denying them a single shot on goal during a first half which could and perhaps should have finished even more one-sided than that three goal margin.

The second forty-five minutes was more of a display of strength, Juventus still creating chances but taking a leaf from Barcelona’s book and using ball retention as the best form of defence. Buffon made his first real contribution with a save in the 64th minute but substitute Fabio Quagliarella added a forth goal from a Pirlo corner to give the score line a more convincing look.

LE PAGELLE (by Lars Aabjerg Pedersen)

Buffon 6.0 – Saved the only shot that came his way in a game so utterly dominated by the Bianconeri that the rest of the pagelle should be taken with a pinch of salt… Even so, that was about time in a European fixture!

Barzagli 6.5 – The rock at the back, never really tested, but well and truly back on song and very competent when called upon. I think I might be in love with big old Andrea.

Bonucci: 7.0 - Impeccable on a cheap backdrop defensively, relishing the space he was offered going forward, 100% success-rate in aerial duels!

Chiellini: 6.0 – Tireless and imposing, yet the only defender to be wobbly on occasion tonight. Subbed off for Lúcio to get a bit of rest / make the Brazilian happy.

Lúcio S.V. – Came on for Chiellini, made one fine tackle, a nice luxury sub, who may want more playing time come January. We’ll live…

Isla 7.0 - His best performance so far in a Juve-jersey. Lively on his right flank and hardly ever troubled defensively. A wonderful assist for Marchisio’s opener.

Marchisio: 7.5 - A brilliant display by Il Principino, tidy cleaning up and extremely well positioned on his forward runs. Could have had a goal or two more tonight given his wonderful knack at being at the right place at the right time. My Man of the Match.

Pirlo: 7.5 – When you allow Pirlo space, this is what you get! Fended off most of FCN’s half-hearted attempts to stop him and offered one brilliant pass after another. Enough with the Pirlo-don’t-do-midweeks already!

Vidal 7.0 – Bossed the midfield with re-found swagger, tackled in a goal and was an all round joy to watch until subbed off.

Pogba 6.0 - Did enough to ensure that Vidal wasn’t missed, but not too much more in a game that was already settled.

Asamoah: 6.5 - Dealt with the little he had to defensively and caused some havoc going forward. Might want to pass a bit more instead of always taking on the defenders, but that is just a random thought.

Giovinco: 7.0 – A fine display from the little man, crowned by a well-taken finish for the third goal. Showed he can play at this level, even if he still needs to prove it against the real big boys. Finishes like the one today go far, though.

Quagliarella 6.5 – Not tearing up the place, but at hand to do what Matri couldn’t with an easy header after an assist by the aforementioned. Slowly winning his place, one imagines… It’s almost as if Quags has stopped being the Spectacular One because what we really need is the Clinical One, well done!

Matri 5.0 – One can only feel sorry for Ale. He tries so hard, creates chances for himself, and even hit the cross-bar on a header. But several woeful misses will see him bottom of the pecking order still. Plus .5 for the assist for Quags.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Conte/Alessio 7.5 – Now that’s more like it! Albeit against a weak opponent, the Mister(s) finally showed the world what this team is actually capable of. Some serious high and relentless pressing ensured that this game was over at half time. In the words of Nordsjælland captain Stokholm post-match: “Juve played us out of the park in the first half and deservedly lead by three goals at the interval.” The tempo was slower in the second, but Juve never went close to losing control. If only this grinta and determination had been present early on in Copenhagen, the group would have looked much more pleasant by now…

ANALYSIS WRAP-UP (by Adam Digby)

Of course it is easy to say – as many have already – that this was ‘only Nordsjaelland’ and we should not get carried away but, as has already been said, it was vital. Juventus not only reacted well to Saturday’s defeat but also took all three points before the difficult final two games of the Group Stage. This win means qualification is back in the hands of the Bianconeri and, with such a low seeding, that is the best possible outcome of such a tie.

There are many positive to take from the game, not least seeing the team finally return to the proactive and energised style which have so typified Conte’s time in charge. They only managed 52% possession but recorded more tackles, more interceptions and a better pass completion rate than their opponents, with the midfield display particularly impressive. Marchisio especially looked back to his best, adding seven tackles, five interceptions and a 90% pass success rate to his goal while Leo Bonucci made a season high 102 passes, free of the man-to-man marking which slowed him so badly at the weekend.

It might not have been a victory at the Bernabeu or Old Trafford, but a home win over such an opponent is what Juventus, this Juventus, should be doing with the consummate ease displayed here. But the key point is the difference in mindset compared to the previous encounter with Nordsjaelland. Whereas the Bianconeri expected to win that game, they appeared determined to earn this triumph and that is, precisely, how it should be!

Andiamo ragazzi!

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
132524 messaggi

Claudio Marchisio (6′)

Arturo Vidal (23′)

Sebastian Giovinco (37′)

Fabio Quagliarella (75′)

Juventus Stadium - Turin

Player Ratings

Goal.com rates the players on display at Juventus Stadium, after the home side finally

recorded their first win of the 2012-13 Champions League at the expense of the hapless Danes.

15fp1ds.jpg

Nov 7, 2012

3_48x48.jpgJuventus

Gianluigi Buffon - A leisurely evening for the goalkeeping great, barely troubled throughout the 90 minutes.

Giorgio Chiellini - Accomplished stuff from the defender, did not have a great deal to do but kept the away side at bay down the right hand side.

Andrea Barzagli - Given little more to do than clean up on the few occasions FCN ventured forward.

Leonardo Bonucci - Rarely troubled in defence, it was his role in taking the ball out from the back and putting Juve onto the front foot that distinguished the defender.

Mauricio Isla - The Chilean's low cross was placed perfectly for Marchisio to fire Juve into the lead.

Andrea Pirlo - Imperious with his passing and delivery from set-pieces, pulled all the strings from the middle of the park.

Kwadwo Asamoah - Always a thorn in the side of FCN down the left wing, crossed well and was a constant danger.

Arturo Vidal - A bizarre effort that found the net summed up the tenacity and commitment of the Chilean dynamo. Never stopped running even with the game looking more than comfortable.

Claudio Marchisio - Unstoppable in the middle and going forward, scored the important first with a well-timed late run and could easily have added to his tally.

Sebastian Giovinco - Was caught offside a number of times early, but always looked for the net and finished Juve's first with consummate class.

Alessandro Matri - Somehow failed to get on the scoresheet despite a constant effort to break from the defence, hitting the bar and seeing a number of chances go astray. Smart assist for Quagliarella.

Substitutions

Lucio - Given 20 minutes at the end in place of Chiellini.

Paul Pogba - Entered for Vidal in the second half and ensured that the last half hour would be straightforward for the Italians.

Fabio Quagliarella - Finished expertly from Matri's flick to put the icing on the cake for Juve.

1318_48x48.jpg FC Nordsjælland

Jesper Hansen - Forced to pick the ball out of his net on several occasions, but was badly exposed by his inept defence. Did his best to keep the score from becoming a humiliation.

Jores Okore - Failed to pick up Marchisio for the opener, but battled hard in defence and made a number of decent interventions.

Patrick Mtiliga - Was nowhere to be seen when Isla played Marchisio in from his flank, did not enjoy himself against the Chilean.

Michael Parkhurst - Did his best to get FCN moving from deep, but struggled throughout the match to track Asamoah.

Ivan Runje - Given a torrid time by Matri and Giovinco in his own area, turned over and over again to leave Hansen exposed.

Enock Kofi Adu - Unable to compete in the middle, and was taken off at half time.

Nikolai Stokholm - The captain was in doubt before the match but proved his fitness in time, although there was little he could do against Juve's fearsome three-man axis in the middle of the park.

Mikkel Beckmann - Could not provide the edge on the break that FCN needed to have any chance of taking something from the game.

K. Lorentzen - Dawdled on the ball in his own area and was punished in the cruellest way possible, Vidal's tackle going straight in for the second.

Andreas Laudrup - The lone man up front barely received the ball during a one-sided first 45 minutes, and was sacrificed at the break.

Joshua John - Completely ineffective going forward, shackled completely by the Bianconeri backline.

Substitutions

Anders Christiansen - Suffered the same fate as Laudrup, saw none of the ball after replacing the forward in the FCN line-up.

Søren Christensen - Came on at half time, but could do little against a Juve team determined to control proceedings.

Morten Nordstrand - Given 15 minutes at the end with the game already a foregone conclusion.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
132524 messaggi

logo.png

Claudio Marchisio (6′)

Arturo Vidal (23′)

Sebastian Giovinco (37′)

Fabio Quagliarella (75′)

Juventus Stadium - Turin

Alessio: 'Now to beat Chelsea'

2wnxzli.jpg

Nov 7, 2012

Angelo Alessio praised Juventus for their return to form and looked ahead to the showdown with Chelsea. “We have to earn our place in the next round.”

The Bianconeri remain third in Group E after their 4-0 win over Nordsjaelland, but just one point behind joint leaders Chelsea and Shakhtar Donetsk.

“Of course we absolutely have to beat Chelsea at home in the next game and earn our place in the next round.

“We wanted great intensity and the lads had the right anger and determination for this type of performance,” said Antonio Conte’s assistant manager.

“We created a great deal, as on top of the four goals we could’ve had a few more. We brought back that pressing on the ball in every area of the field and the style of football we needed.”

Mirko Vucinic was injured and Stephan Lichtsteiner dropped to the stands after he risked a red card against Inter on Saturday, so Alessandro Matri and Sebastian Giovinco started in attack.

“Giovinco played very well. We know his quality very well. It’s a shame Matri didn’t get a goal, but he too played well.

“Conte chooses the strikers game by game, based in part on the characteristics of our opponents. The important thing is for them to be ready, just as Fabio Quagliarella was tonight.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
132524 messaggi

logo.png

Claudio Marchisio (6′)

Arturo Vidal (23′)

Sebastian Giovinco (37′)

Fabio Quagliarella (75′)

Juventus Stadium - Turin

Buffon: 'Destiny in our hands'

2nrl9e.jpg

Nov 7, 2012

Gianluigi Buffon feels defeat was a useful wake-up call for Juventus and has Chelsea in his sights. “Our destiny is in our hands.”

The Bianconeri swept Nordsjaelland aside 4-0 this evening, but remain third in Group E behind joint leaders Chelsea and Shakhtar Donetsk.

They thought that they had leapfrogged into second place, but Chelsea snatched a last-gasp 3-2 victory.

“A draw would’ve been nice, that’s beyond doubt, but at the end of the day our destiny is still in our hands,” Buffon told Mediaset.

“The fact it all depends on us is a good sign, as we play at home with Chelsea and then at Donetsk.

“We have confidence and cannot always appeal to the other results. It is good to go through a round because you got those results and you deserved it.”

Juve looked a very different team to the one that lost its 49-match Serie A unbeaten run to Inter at the weekend.

“We hadn’t lost motivation, as that can’t just disappear overnight. As I said after the Inter game, when coming off such a long unbeaten run it can build your confidence and eat into that grit and hunger that got you there. It’s a human reaction.

“We had to win and I think we had also played well in Denmark, despite what some people said, creating many scoring opportunities.

“This was a very convincing performance that showed if Juve step on to the field with the right ingredients then few teams in the world can keep up with them.”

This result ends nine consecutive European draws for Juventus and is also their first clean sheet of the Champions League season.

“It was a quiet night, but at the same time you have to keep alert to any potential incident and it can happen to be distracted and face regrets over conceding their only chance. We were happy with the clean sheet this evening.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
132524 messaggi

logo.png

Claudio Marchisio (6′)

Arturo Vidal (23′)

Sebastian Giovinco (37′)

Fabio Quagliarella (75′)

Juventus Stadium - Turin

Bonucci: 'Juve had right anger'

pttu.jpg

Nov 7, 2012

Leonardo Bonucci said the “slap” of a home defeat to Inter spurred Juventus on to beat Nordsjaelland 4-0.

The Bianconeri thought they had leapfrogged Chelsea into second place in Group E, but the last-gasp 3-2 win over Shakhtar Donetsk at Stamford Bridge leaves them one point behind the leading pair.

“We got a surprise when we stepped into the locker room. We have to win every game, whether it’s Chelsea or Shakhtar, so will approach each match like that regardless of calculations or tables,” said the defender.

“Tonight we saw last year’s Juve with that same hunger for the victory, to work and to sacrifice ourselves.

“It was lacking against Inter, but we showed that if we step up the tempo and the intensity then we can fight it out with anyone.

“Our anger at the defeat to Inter had to be transformed into positive energy and determination to prove ourselves.

“We showed tonight that if we have the right grit and mentality, then we can beat anyone.

“When you get a slap on home turf, that brings out the pride and determination of every champion. There are many of them here.”

Juve were held to a 1-1 draw away to Nordsjaelland, but seemed like a completely different team this evening.

“In Denmark we were perhaps a little complacent, as we were coming off some great results and Nordsjaelland had conceded many goals in the group phase. We didn’t go there with the right approach.

“Tonight we were coming off a defeat and wanted to prove ourselves, which is why we got to see a great Juventus performance.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
132524 messaggi

Claudio Marchisio (6′)

Arturo Vidal (23′)

Sebastian Giovinco (37′)

Fabio Quagliarella (75′)

Juventus Stadium - Turin

Juventus could have scored more than four, claims Alessio

The assistant coach was pleased with the number of chances the Bianconeri created

and stated his side must now beat Chelsea in their next European encounter if they are to qualify.

rr6rmq.jpg

Nov 8, 2012

Angelo Alessio was satisfied with Juventus' display in their 4-0 victory over FC Nordsjaelland and claimed they could even have scored more.

The Old Lady remain third in Group E, one point behind leaders Shakhtar Donetsk and Chelsea, after recording their first victory in Europe this season.

“We created a great deal [and] on top of the four goals we could’ve had a few more," the assistant coach told reporters.

"We pressed the ball in every area of the field and played the style of football we needed to.”

The 47-year-old also highlighted the depth of the Bianconeri squad, with Alessandro Matri and Sebastian Giovinco starting up front as Mirko Vucinic missed the game through injury.

“Giovinco played very well; we know his qualities very well. It’s a shame Matri didn’t get a goal, but he too played well," he added.

“Conte chooses the strikers game by game, based in part on the characteristics of our opponents. The important thing is for them to be ready, just as Fabio Quagliarella was tonight.”

Chelsea's win over Shakhtar leaves Group E on a knife-edge with two rounds of games remaining - a fact Alessio is well aware of.

“Of course we absolutely have to beat Chelsea at home in the next game and earn our place in the next round."

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
132524 messaggi

Claudio Marchisio (6′)

Arturo Vidal (23′)

Sebastian Giovinco (37′)

Fabio Quagliarella (75′)

Juventus Stadium - Turin

Buffon: Juventus' destiny remains in our own hands

The experienced goalkeeper has made it clear that nothing has been lost yet

for the Bianconeri, and they can still make it to the knock-out stages.

2448epw.jpg

Nov 8, 2012

Gianluigi Buffon has insisted that Juventus still have every chance of reaching the knock-out stages of the Champions League following Wednesday's 4-0 home win over Nordsjaelland.

The Serie A champions currently sit third in Group E with six points from four games, trailing joint-leaders Shakhtar Donetsk and Chelsea by one.

"The good thing is that we are two games away from the end of the group stage and our destiny remains in our hands," he was quoted as saying on the club's official website.

"If we do well we will go through, otherwise we will play in the Europa League. Little has changed in reality. We Italians are inclined to look at the results of others and consider them to be more important than our own.

"Chelsea have almost a decade’s worth of experience in playing these types of games. Shakhtar, with their individual brilliance combined with their team play, are more unpredictable and a tough prospect to face."

Juventus host Chelsea on November 20, before locking horns with Shakhtar on December 5.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
132524 messaggi

Claudio Marchisio (6′)

Arturo Vidal (23′)

Sebastian Giovinco (37′)

Fabio Quagliarella (75′)

Juventus Stadium - Turin

Juventus end European hoodoo, but late Moses goal

leaves them with a mountain to climb

The Bianconeri despatched Nordsjaelland with some ease, but Shakhtar Donetsk's

cruel late defeat leaves Antonio Conte's men needing two huge results to progress.

2myq1pz.jpg

Nov 8, 2012

COMMENT

By Kris Voakes | Italian Football Writer

For a while there, it was suddenly looking rosy. Juventus were sitting pretty in second place as their players left the field following a routine 4-0 win over Nordsjaelland, and were ready to entertain Chelsea on matchday five safe in the knowledge that a win would take them into the last 16 of the Champions League.

But the Blues were not done.

In the 94th minute of the European champions’ clash with Shakhtar Donetsk at Stamford Bridge, Victor Moses rose high to earn the home side a 3-2 win and simultaneously send Juve crashing back down to earth. One minute they were one step from qualification, now they are a giant leap from their goal.

The Bianconeri had done everything they could do on the night. From the moment Claudio Marchisio side-footed home Mauricio Isla’s low driven cross, the floodgates were always bound to open for a side who had drawn their previous nine European fixtures. Arturo Vidal even managed to double the lead in making a tackle, such was the tone of the evening, before Sebastian Giovinco finally broke his European duck by collecting Andrea Pirlo’s reverse pass with the outside of the boot and finishing with aplomb.

It was all a far cry from the Parken Stadion a fortnight ago, where Juve failed to break down the Danes until 10 minutes from time, by which time Mikkel Beckmann had breached their own defence. The job they were completing with something to spare - stretching the opposition, playing penetrating through balls, getting in behind the defence inside the 18-yard area - was simply what they should have been doing in Denmark. They were dominant and destructive, but they were two weeks too late if they wanted to soften their path.

Going into the break 3-0 up, their job was already done and it was all about whether Shakhtar would be rewarded for their sometimes sumptuous football at the Bridge. As Fabio Quagliarella turned in a fourth, things were also going their way in England. It looked as though those dropped points in Copenhagen would not carry such a heavy punishment. But by the time both referees had whistled for full-time, Group E was suddenly looking daunting again.

Instead of standing one game away from the promised land, they are now facing the challenge of getting four points from their next two matches. Make no mistake, both Shakhtar and Chelsea will take their full complement of points from their clashes against Nordsjaelland, so the Bianconeri will have to do all the work themselves. They can certainly expect no favours.

As if facing the champions of Europe is not enough of a task, they must also travel to Donetsk to face a Shakhtar side who have practically dominated Chelsea over the course of their two clashes and have already proven once that their style of play is very tough for Juventus to handle. If any side is built to beat a team that play as Antonio Conte’s men do, it is the Ukrainian champions.

The Moses goal was a stroke of bad luck for Juve, but they cannot feel too hard done by. They are in the position they are in as a result of their own failings. Despite having had the benefit of playing Nordsjaelland twice already, they’re still playing catch-up, and the blame for that lies only with the Italians. A win and a loss is better than two draws, they say, and they are learning that right now to their detriment off the back of nine European games without a victory.

Wednesday night was about breaking a duck; for the first time since the summer of 2010, Juventus won a European fixture. But the job is only just starting. Nordsjaelland are no kind of preparation for the real task which lies ahead over the final 180 minutes of their group campaign, and Moses’ goal has doubled the work they have to do. They are in with a chance, but it remains a slim one.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
132524 messaggi

Claudio Marchisio (6′)

Arturo Vidal (23′)

Sebastian Giovinco (37′)

Fabio Quagliarella (75′)

Juventus Stadium - Turin

Marchisio: Two more finals await Juventus

The Italy international has underlined the importance of his side's remaining

group games after the Chelsea - Shakhtar match did not go their way.

ix85u8.jpg

Nov 8, 2012

Claudio Marchisio feels that Juventus can still qualify for the knock-out stages of the Champions League following Wednesday's Group E results, but realises that they cannot afford to drop points in their last two games against Chelsea and Shakhtar Donetsk.

The Bianconeri beat Nordsjaelland 4-0 in Turin, but saw Chelsea record a 3-2 win over Shakhtar, keeping the Old Lady in third place.

"We still have the chance to qualify and we must focus on the next game against Chelsea now. It will be another final for us," Marchisio told Uefa.com.

"A draw tonight [Wednesday] would have meant elimination for us, so we have to prepare for two more finals against Chelsea and Shakhtar.

"The game against Nordsjaelland was already a final for us – we had to win or our dream of qualifying for the next stage would have vanished.

"Fortunately, we managed to score an early goal so the game was completely different to the one in Denmark. It is a pity we dropped two points against them two weeks ago otherwise we would have been first in the group now."

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
Ospite
Questa discussione è chiusa.
Accedi per seguire   

• Chi sta navigando   0 utenti

Nessun utente registrato visualizza questa pagina.

• Crea Nuovo...