Vai al contenuto
Accedi per seguire   
Socrates

Juventus Season 2012-2013

132524 messaggi

logo.png

Serie A - Week 11 - 3-11-2012 (8:45 p.m.)

juventus300pixelheader.gif - inter300pixelheader.gif

Juventus Stadium - Turin

Referee: Paolo Tagliavento

Samuel out of Juve-Inter?

Nov 3, 2012

There are reports Inter could be without Walter Samuel for tonight’s Derby d’Italia, while Andrea Ranocchia is not 100 per cent fit either.

The latest rumours emerging from the Nerazzurri camp are that Samuel is still feeling the effects of an old thigh injury.

It is possible Andrea Stramaccioni will not risk The Wall at the Juventus Stadium this evening, kick-off 19.45 GMT.

Ranocchia is not 100 per cent fit either, as he is struggling with a calf problem, but should be ready to go ahead.

If there is a shortage of defenders, Stramaccioni could bring back the experiment used in the Europa League several times this season.

He used Esteban Cambiasso as a centre-back in the three-man defence with impressive results.

Condividi questo messaggio

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
132524 messaggi

logo.png

Juventus Stadium - Turin

Trap: 'Juve and Inter very different'

Nov 3, 2012

Giovanni Trapattoni won the Scudetto with both Inter and Juventus, so gives his verdict on tonight’s Derby d’Italia. “They are very different teams.”

The Republic of Ireland manager won six Serie A titles in Turin in 1977, 78, 81, 82, 84 and 86 before going to San Siro where he conquered the tournament in 1989.

“They are very different teams,” Trap told the Corriere dello Sport newspaper ahead of this evening’s showdown.

“Juve are more organised, balanced and have not lost in 49 Serie A games. Inter have great individuals who with their flashes of brilliance have enabled the club to notch up a series of important results and they could be enough to cause an upset in Turin too.”

The Nerazzurri leapfrogged Napoli into second place, leading many to believe this will be the real Scudetto showdown of the season.

“I do believe Inter are the anti-Juve this term. The Nerazzurri are playing well and that spark has set alight Andrea Stramaccioni’s men. The group is working well together and they have excellent results,” continued Trapattoni.

“When two great teams face off, it is always going to be a tight encounter, so a draw is likely. Andrea Pirlo sets the tempo for Juve, while I really like Diego Milito, as he has the characteristics of Paolo Rossi.”

Finally, the Republic of Ireland manager joined the call for technology to be used in refereeing.

“I’d say video evidence can help to reduce refereeing errors. I have been heavily penalised by referees in my career... I am not just referring to Thierry Henry’s handball in the France-Ireland play-off.

“All sports now use technology, so why can’t football do the same?”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
132524 messaggi

imagegoalcomconcept2sub.jpg

Serie A Week 11 - 3/11/2012 (08:45 p.m.)

Juventus Stadium - Turin

Juventus v Inter Betting Preview:

Derby d'Italia to open up after the interval in Turin

With the visitors having won eight on the bounce and the hosts looking to extend their unbeaten

stretch to 50 games, Adam Bate expects a tight opening, but the home side to win.

Nov 3, 2012

Inter become the latest team to try and put an end to Juventus’ lengthy unbeaten run as the Bianconeri go in search of a 50th consecutive match without defeat in Serie A on Saturday.

The Nerazzurri are 5/1 (6.00) with Bet365 to claim three points and a ninth consecutive win of their own – spoiling the party in Turin and ending this remarkable streak.

Inter coach Andrea Stramaccioni insists he is not going to settle for a draw and their record suggests that – with eight wins and two defeats in the league this season.

But you get the sense that it wouldn’t be the worst result for the visitors here and the draw is available at 13/5 (3.60).

That’s because Juventus are formidable opponents on their own turf, wining five out of five home games in Serie A so far this season.

And Juve are 8/13 (1.62) favourites with Bet365 to pick up a seventh successive home win in the league stretching back to the first week in May.

What’s been noticeable from the Italian champions in this campaign is that they have been patient in front of their own fans, confident in the knowledge that the opportunity will come.

Of those five home games, four have been goalless at the interval. You can back the 0-0 scoreline at the break at 2/1 (3.00) with Bet365 while a draw of any kind at half-time is 13/10 (2.30).

The goalless draw can certainly provide some perverse fun of its own as a neutral – watching a game desperately hoping neither team makes a breakthrough!

But goals are likely to come in this one eventually. 60 per cent of Juventus’ home games this season have finished 2-0 in their favour and that outcome is priced at 13/2 (7.50).

That all points to draw/Juventus in the HT/FT market and this is the value option here at 10/3 (4.33) with Bet365.

But for the pick of the bets, the punter may want to avoid the possibility of their tip being scuppered by the break and for that there’s a great option with Bet365 – backing the second period to be the highest-scoring half.

That’s been the case in 80 per cent of Juventus’ matches home and away in the league this season as well as each of the last three Inter games.

Back the second half to be the highest scoring at 21/20 (2.05) with Bet365.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
132524 messaggi

Juventus Stadium - Turin

Juventus' opening salvo, Inter's midfield & five things

that will decide the Derby d'Italia

The clash between the Serie A heavyweights brings together two sides on great

runs and small margins could be key in deciding who takes the three points.

Nov 3, 2012

COMMENT

By Kris Voakes | Italian Football Writer

As Italy's top two come head to head at Juventus Stadium on Saturday night, one fantastic streak has to end. Inter may have won eight straight games, but Juventus still haven't lost in 49 league matches, meaning the Bianconeri are the favourites to take the honours.

However, given that the two sides are placed first and second in the Serie A table right now, this is clearly likely to be a fixture decided by small factors, and Goal.com outlines five which will be particularly important in deciding the destination of the three points.

JUVENTUS' FAST START

214712hp2.jpg

On balance, it is not something they have managed a lot under Antonio Conte, but when Juventus have truly hit the ground running, they have tended to blow sides away. Their three victories over Roma at Juventus Stadium in 2012 are evidence that a fast start on their behalf can be deadly, with the most recent clash with the Giallorossi possibly the best example.

Inter do not have the most stable of defences, despite their recent good run, and so a few moments of nervousness early on could have a psychological impact. If Juve can start quickly and open up the Nerazzurri a couple of times in the early stages, it may be enough to put them in the kind of position the visitors cannot come back from.

Last time the two sides met, Juve won it in the second half thanks largely to a double substitution and change of shape, but on this occasion, the responsibility could rest with the starting XI doing the job from the beginning to see the Bianconeri through.

GIOVINCO GETTING THE NOD

221605hp2.jpg

He may have had a fairly stop-start campaign so far, but Sebastian Giovinco remains a one-off in Juventus' forward line. Mirko Vucinic, Fabio Quagliarella, Alessandro Matri and Nicklas Bendtner may offer more in other areas, but Giovinco has the ability that the others cannot provide. What he also has is a nuisance factor, particularly up against clumsy defenders.

Though Andrea Ranocchia may have started the 2012-13 season better than many expected - particularly since Andrea Stramaccioni began using a back three - he has also proven that he is still capable of switching off just long enough to make huge errors, with Sampdoria's opener on Wednesday a real case in point.

And with Giovinco likely to come in direct confrontation with his Italy international team-mate if he starts on Saturday night, the combination of the 'Atomic Ant's ability to twist defenders inside out and the defender's cumbersome gait when faced with tricky forwards could lead to all sorts of fun in the final third.

INTER'S ABILITY TO HAVE A SAY IN MIDFIELD

208490hp2.jpg

It goes without saying that Juventus have the upper hand when it comes to the midfield. In Claudio Marchisio, Arturo Vidal and Andrea Pirlo, they have an 'MVP' trio which has been practically untouchable for the past 15 months. Add in the recent form of Paul Pogba, and it's clear to see that Inter's staff in the middle of the park are going to have their work cut out for them.

The Bianconeri's midfield three have been at the heart of their pressing style under Antonio Conte, with their ability to ensure long spells of territorial advantage setting the platform for many of Juve's victories in their record run. The Beneamata's game is built not so much on the centre of the field, with territory less important to their attacking abilities.

The likely midfield trio of Esteban Cambiasso, Walter Gargano and Fredy Guarin must be on their guard to ensure that Juve's engine room do not get on top, but must also not be thrown off their game of quickly feeding attackers down the flanks and in the channels, which has been their most successful outlet for the most part this season.

CASSANO'S INFLUENCE

221439hp2.jpg

Simply put, Antonio Cassano has fast become Inter's most important forward. With Wesley Sneijder missing over the last six weeks, the Nerazzurri could easily have been massively handicapped by the Dutchman's absence. Instead, they have continued to allow the former Sampdoria and Milan man to form the basis of their attacks.

When he has been on form, Inter have generally lorded it over the opposition. His effect has seen off the likes of Fiorentina, Catania and Sampdoria during the recent winning run his side have put together, and if the visitors are to have any chance of inflicting Juventus' first league defeat in 18 months, then the Italy forward is going to need to be at his very best.

That is where the question mark comes though. Cassano has been known as something of an enigma in the past, and he must ensure that tonight is not one of those occasions on which he goes missing, otherwise Inter will lose much of their attacking threat just when they need it.

THE IN-GAME CHANGES

222727hp2.jpg

The double-substitution of Leonardo Bonucci and Alessandro Del Piero for Simone Pepe and Alessandro Matri, and subsequent switch to a back three, was the key moment in Juventus' 2-0 win over Inter in March. It was also seen as one of the pivotal decisions made by Antonio Conte in the run-in which would eventually see Juve collect 31 points from a possible 33 to lift the Scudetto.

Since then, of course, Conte has been suspended from matchday duties, leaving first Massimo Carrera and now Angelo Alessio with the task of making the right changes at the right times. And while Alessio was the man who threw on Martin Caceres and Paul Pogba to devastating effect against Napoli, he came under fire after failing to act quickly as the Old Lady dropped points against Nordsjaelland in the Champions League. In that sense, the jury is still out on Conte's right-hand man.

In the visitors' technical area tonight will be someone who has already become an in-game coach of some repute. Andrea Stramaccioni's ability to spot the need to change and do so quickly, whether that be in switching formation or introducing a substitute, has won over many 'floating voters' among Nerazzurri followers. And if Inter can weather the early storm at Juventus Stadium, then there are plenty of Interistiwho will be backing their man to outwit his opposite number in the tactical department.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
132524 messaggi

Juventus Stadium - Turin

Julio Cesar: Inter are Juventus' only Scudetto rivals

The ex-Nerazzurri glovesman is adamant his former club pose the only threat to the Old Lady

in defence of their Serie A title, while giving his take on the Derby d'Italia.

Nov 3, 2012

Julio Cesar believes Inter are Juventus' only rivals in the hunt for the Scudetto this season, as he looks ahead to Saturday's Derby d'Italia between the two sides.

The Nerazzurri currently occupy second place in Serie A, just four points behind the current pace setters and reigning champions at the summit, leading to increased expectations that this campaign will be fought out by the northern Italian giants.

And the Brazilian goalkeeper, now at QPR, insists his former club must approach the match with no fear, given their hot pursuit of the Old Lady in the standings, before praising coach Andrea Stramaccioni and casting his mind back to a memorable past clash.

"Juve must be attacked," he told giornalaccio rosa dello Sport. "Why shouldn't they? Inter seem to be their most serious rivals, perhaps the only one. Even more so than Napoli, who cannot find the same consistency as Inter.

"I've had time to learn about the philosophy of Andrea Stramaccioni, with whom I wanted to work more. He has a nice way of seeing football in a humble light to hear the views of everyone, but never has fear.

"It is more than just a game. I won't forget Maicon's goal in the 2-0 win over Juventus in 2010 and the yellow shirt I wore that day.

"Mourinho explained to me that a colourful jersey poses more difficulties for opposing forwards."

Cesar was ousted out of the Giuseppe Meazza this summer and replaced by Samir Handanovic, who arrived from Udinese, but the former Selecao No.1 does not bear any grudges to the Slovenian, instead highlighting his replacement's most notable traits.

"With Handanovic, he has grown so much," Julio Cesar added. "And it was a good deal: they paid the right price for him.

"He and I have differences in that we parry differently. I feel more like Casillas, whereas he reminds me more of Buffon."

"I like Chievo goalkeeper Sorrentino, but I would say that today Handanovic has nothing to be envious of about Buffon." :|

Julio Cesar then explained that he was made to feel "sad" by Inter management during the summer, prior to his transfer deadline-day switch to Loftus Road in August, but a conversation with president Massimo Moratti ensured he left on amicable terms.

"Well, a phonecall directly to me to say that I was not longer part of the project would have made me feel less of a stranger," the ex-Flamengo shot stopper continued.

"I was sad, at least until I spoke with Moratti. I wanted to clarify some things, that had become distorted. Now it remains an open door.

"It does not mean that I will return to Inter one day, but it does mean that seven years of being together and 14 trophies were not evaporated. For me, Inter are now focused on financial fair play."

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
132524 messaggi

Juventus Stadium - Turin

Trapattoni tips Stramaccioni to lead Inter to victory over Juventus

The Ireland boss was involved in every Derby d'Italia between 1976 and 1994, and he has

challenged the trainer to beat the Bianconeri and his sequence of eight straight wins.

Nov 3, 2012

Giovanni Trapattoni believes the role of Andrea Stramaccioni in the Derby d'Italia between Juventus and Inter on Saturday could prove decisive in the final outcome.

The 36-year-old has steered the Nerazzurri to second place and his side are four points behind the Serie A champions ahead of the clash in Turin, while the hosts could go 50 matches unbeaten if they manage to avoid defeat.

His cause has been aided by a run of eight consecutive victories in all competitions to equal the current Republic of Ireland coach's sequence of results set in the 1988-1989 campaign, and the veteran is hopeful the young trainer can go one better.

"I'd be happy if my record was beaten by Andrea Stramaccioni," Trapattoni told Radio 105. "The Nerazzurri are playing well thanks to his spark. It seems that the group are working great and the results are excellent.

"For me, he can do it [beat Trapattoni's run of eight straight wins]. Records are made to be broken and I'm not jealous. I would be happy for him."

Trapattoni oversaw all of the derby encounters between 1976 and 1994, having coached Juve and Inter on different occasions during that period, and he analysed the threats posed by both sets of teams.

"When two great teams go head to head, it is always finely balanced, so meetings can end in a draw," he added."Both sides are different: Juventus are more organised, balanced and unbeaten in 49 matches in the league.

"Inter have great individuality with their play, which so far has allowed them to put together many important results. That could be the decisive factor in Turin.

"Pirlo in midfield gives Juve rhythm to manoeuvre. He is Juventus' main weapon, like Diego Milito is Inter's Paolo Rossi. They share similar characteristics.

"Sneijder is also strong because he is now in his prime. However, in the middle of the field, Matthaus was in good shape. Someone like Lothar could be of use to any team today."

The game in Italy was recently thrown back into disrepute following a controversial refereeing performance in the Old Lady's 1-0 win over Catania last weekend, and the former Bayern Munich and Italy man repeated his calls for technological assistance.

"I would say 'yes' because I have been affected by refereeing decisions throughout my career," he continued. "I am not referring only to the Thierry Henry goal in the World Cup play-off with France.

"All other sports rely on technology. Why can't football follow suit?"

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
132524 messaggi

logo.png

Juventus Stadium - Turin

Milito tackles Juve taboo

Diego Milito has had plenty of success in an Inter jersey,

but Adam Scime notes he just can’t seem to score past Juventus…

Nov 3, 2012

Diego Milito has been at the heart of Serie A success, Champions League glory and other trophies for Inter – but scoring against Juventus appears to be a taboo.

Inter have often come short in recent seasons when facing the team from Turin. With another impending Derby d’Italia fixture tonight, the South American footballer has yet to arrive at a certain destination on his journey – he has never breached Juventus’ defence while sporting a black-and-blue kit.

Milito recently played his 100th Serie A game for Inter, scoring in the process in a 3-1 victory over Bologna last weekend. Arriving at the club in the summer of 2009, the veteran striker has played in 150 official games and found the back of the net 71 times, an imposing ratio of 0.47 goals per match or nearly a goal in every two appearances.

However, the ability to beat goalkeeper Gianluigi Buffon and Co has constantly eluded him, despite runs of impressive form, since he made San Siro his home. The two teams have met seven times – six in Serie A and once in the Coppa Italia – with Il Principe featuring in five of those matches, but he has been unable to put one past their eternal rivals.

Even when you consider the Trofeo TIM preseason tournaments, which involve 45-minute matches between Inter, Juventus and Milan, the Argentine has only damaged Juve in the event of a post-match penalty shoot-out to break the tie over the course of four editions.

The 33-year-old himself admitted his Achilles heel last season and has seemingly even become frustrated by it.

“I have never scored against Juventus so far for Inter and I will do my utmost to end this streak in our encounter,” he said in March, before the Bianconeri won 2-0 and Claudio Ranieri was subsequently replaced by current Coach Andrea Stramaccioni.

In fact, the last time Milito struck against the Old Lady was from the penalty spot for Gian Piero Gasperini’s Genoa, a consolation effort in a 4-1 loss during the 2008-09 campaign.

Going into Saturday’s match at the Juventus Stadium, the former Real Zaragoza star is in a rich vein of form with five goals to his name in 10 League games in 2012-13. His club are also undergoing a purple patch of six victorious League games on the trot.

Milito already has a place in the hearts of Inter’s tifosi and the club’s history, scoring crucial goals to claim silverware. His crowning moment thus far was when he conquered the Santiago Bernabeu by putting a brace past Bayern Munich to claim European glory, but if he strikes a devastating blow to Juventus and terminates their 49-game unbeaten streak, then the club’s fans will have another historic moment to remember him by and Milito will have reached another milestone in his ongoing treasure hunt.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
132524 messaggi

Juventus Stadium - Turin

TEAM NEWS: Cambiasso returns for Inter against much-changed Juventus

Nerazzurri boss Andrea Stramaccioni has named an attacking line-up for the top-of-the-table

encounter, with Rodrigo Palacio, Antonio Cassano and Diego Milito all selected.

Nov 3, 2012

Esteban Cambiasso has been included in the Inter starting 11 for Saturday night's mouth-watering Derby d'Italia clash with Juventus in Turin.

The Argentine replaces Gaby Mudingayi in the Nerazzurri midfield after being restricted to the role of substitute for Wednesday night's win over Sampdoria. There are also recalls for Yuto Nagatomo, who takes over from Alvaro Pereira on the left-hand side, and Juan Jesus, who replaces Fredy Guarin as Inter revert to three at the back.

The Bianconeri, meanwhile, make a total of seven changes in personnel to the side that scraped past Bologna in midweek.

Giorgio Chiellini returns alongside Andrea Barzagli and Leonardo Bonucci at the back, while Martin Caceres and Paolo De Ceglie make way for Stephan Lichtsteiner and Kwadwo Asamoah respectively on the flanks.

Paul Pogba's heroics against the Rossoblu were not enough to secure him a place in the starting lineup, with Arturo Vidal and Claudio Marchisio recalled to the midfield.

Finally, Sebastian Giovinco and Mirko Vucinic are preferred to Nicklas Bendtner and Fabio Quagliarella in attack.

Juventus: Buffon; Barzagli, Bonucci, Chiellini; Lichtsteiner, Vidal, Pirlo, Marchisio, Asamoah; Vucinic, Giovinco.

Subs: Storari, Caceres, Lucio, Isla, Marrone, De Ceglie, Padoin, Pogba, Giaccherini, Bendtner, Quagliarella, Matri.

Inter: Handanovic; Ranocchia, Samuel, Juan Jesus; Zanetti, Gargano, Cambiasso, Nagatomo; Palacio, Cassano; Milito.

Subs: Castellazzi, Belec, Silvestre, Alvarez, Guarin, Mudingayi, Pereira, Mbaye, Duncan, Livaja.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
132524 messaggi

logo.png

Juventus Stadium - Turin

Line-ups: Juventus-Inter

Nov 3, 2012

Tonight it’s the Derby d’Italia and a top of the table showdown in Turin with Mirko Vucinic-Sebastian Giovinco against Rodrigo Palacio-Diego Milito-Antonio Cassano.

Something’s got to give this evening in the 19.45 GMT kick-off at the Juventus Stadium, as Juve have won all of their home games in Serie A and Inter have a 100 per cent record on their travels.

Vucinic has a good record against the Nerazzurri and his partner is Giovinco, while Claudio Marchisio and Arturo Vidal return from injury and suspension respectively.

Inter have a lengthy injury list with Philippe Coutinho, Wesley Sneijder, Dejan Stankovic, Joel Obi, MacDonald Mariga, Cristian Chivu and Jonathan.

There were also reports today that Walter Samuel and Andrea Ranocchia were carrying muscular problems.

Coach Andrea Stramaccioni had been expected to mirror Antonio Conte’s 3-5-2 system, leaving Cassano on the bench in favour of an all-Argentine front two of Palacio and Milito.

However, the youngest tactician in Serie A sticks with his 3-4-3 system and the impressive trident in Turin, leaving Fredy Guarin on the bench.

Juventus: 1 Buffon; 15 Barzagli, 19 Bonucci, 3 Chiellini; 26 Lichtsteiner, 23 Vidal, 21 Pirlo, 8 Marchisio, 22 Asamoah; 12 Giovinco, 9 Vucinic

Juventus bench: 30 Storari, 2 Lucio, 4 Caceres, 6 Pogba, 11 De Ceglie, 17 Bendtner, 20 Padoin, 24 Giaccherini, 27 Quagliarella, 32 Matri, 33 Isla, 39 Marrone

Inter: 1 Handanovic; 23 Ranocchia, 25 Samuel, 40 Juan Jesus; 4 Zanetti, 21 Gargano, 19 Cambiasso, 55 Nagatomo; 8 Palacio, 99 Cassano; 22 Milito

Inter bench: 12 Castellazzi, 27 Belec, 6 Silvestre, 11 Alvarez, 14 Guarin, 16 Mudingayi, 31 Pereira, 33 Mbaye, 41 Duncan, 88 Livaja

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
132524 messaggi

logo.png

Juventus Stadium - Turin

HT: Controversy as Juve lead Inter

Nov 3, 2012

It’s typically controversial, as Arturo Vidal’s goal after 18 seconds was offside and Stephan Lichtsteiner should’ve seen red, but Juventus lead Inter 1-0 at the break.

This Derby d’Italia was also a top of the table showdown between first and second with neither side pulling punches. Andrea Stramaccioni was without Wesley Sneijder, Philippe Coutinho, Dejan Stankovic, Cristian Chivu, Jonathan and Joel Obi, but went for it with a 3-4-3 system led by the all-star trident. Juve welcomed back Arturo Vidal and Claudio Marchisio from suspension and injury respectively.

Something had to give, as Juve had won all their Serie A home games while Inter had a 100 per cent record on their travels and were coming off eight consecutive victories in all competition.

It could not have possibly been a better start for Juventus, as Kwadwo Asamoah ran on to a Mirko Vucinic pass – when offside – and rolled across for Vidal to prod into an empty net at the back post. Only 18 seconds had elapsed in Turin.

It was so nearly 2-0 at the fourth minute, as Vucinic just failed to make contact with the Sebastian Giovinco ball across the face of goal. Andrea Pirlo’s inspired ball over the top found Marchisio clear on goal and his volley was beaten away from point-blank range by Samir Handanovic.

Inter emerged from their shells and Esteban Cambiasso fired over, then Rodrigo Palacio had the ball in the net but was marginally offside when going to get the header off a quickly-taken Cambiasso free kick.

Antonio Cassano curled inches wide of the far post from a poorly-cleared corner as the visitors began to see much more of the ball.

More controversy on 34 minutes when Stephan Lichtsteiner, who had already been booked, avoided a second yellow card for a completely mistimed tackle on Palacio. Despite the Inter protests, the Swiss winger was allowed to stay on the field.

Moments later Vidal gathered just inside the box and was cleanly challenged by Juan Jesus. Aware of the risk Lichtsteiner was running, Angelo Alessio wisely replaced him with Martin Caceres.

Giovinco got to the by-line but pulled back into Handanovic’s arms, then the goalkeeper had to palm a looping Asamoah deflected cross over the bar. In first half stoppages Vidal went clear when intercepting a pass that Yuto Nagatomo left, but Handanovic beat away the powerful finish.

Juventus 1-0 Inter (Half-Time)

Scorers: Vidal 1 (J)

Juventus: Buffon; Barzagli, Bonucci, Chiellini; Lichtsteiner (Caceres 38), Vidal, Pirlo, Marchisio, Asamoah; Giovinco, Vucinic

Inter: Handanovic; Ranocchia, Samuel, Juan Jesus; Zanetti, Gargano, Cambiasso, Nagatomo; Palacio, Cassano; Milito

Ref: Tagliavento

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
132524 messaggi

juventus300pixelheader.gif 1 - 3 inter300pixelheader.gif

Arturo Vidal (1′)

Diego Alberto Milito (59′-Penalty)

Diego Alberto Milito (76′)

Rodrigo Palacio (89′)

Juventus Stadium - Turin

Attendance: 38000‎

Milito and Palacio end champions' unbeaten run

The Nerazzurri responded wonderfully well to the shock of conceding a goal to Arturo Vidal

after just 19 seconds, to claim their ninth successive win in all competitions.

szbog0.jpg

Nov 3, 2012

Inter underlined their Scudetto credentials by coming from behind to defeat Juventus 3-1 in Turin, a win that ended their opponents' 49-game unbeaten run.

The Nerazzurri had found themselves a goal down after just 19 seconds, with Arturo Vidal turning in Kwadwo Asamoah's shot-cum-cross. However, Inter maintained their composure and more than played their part in an absorbing first-half, before taking control of proceedings after the interval.

The visitors deservedly drew level just before the hour mark courtesy of a penalty from Diego Milito and the Argentine struck again with just 15 minutes remaining after following up Fredy Guarin's drive.

Juventus went in search of an equaliser, but they were punished for pouring forward when Rodrigo Palacio stabbed the ball home, to secure a victory which saw Inter reduce the Bianconeri's lead at the summit of Serie A to a solitary point.

The hosts could not have hoped for a better start to such an important fixture, stunning the in-form Nerazzurri with a goal inside the opening 20 seconds.

Mirko Vucinic and Sebastian Giovinco exchanged passes in midfield before the former slipped the ball through for Asamoah. The Ghanaian was offside, but the flagged stayed down and the former Udinese man benefited from another huge stroke of luck when his awfully wayward attempt on goal was calmly turned in by Vidal at the back post.

Credit to Inter, they responded well to such a devastating early setback, with Esteban Cambiasso, ably supported by Palacio, leading the backlash. However, Andrea Stramaccioni’s side would have fallen further behind seven minutes in, had Samir Handanovic not produced a wonderful reaction save to deny Claudio Marchisio, who had met Andrea Pirlo’s sublime through ball on the volley.

As it was, Inter continued to press and they thought they had claimed a deserved equaliser when Palacio nodded home a Cambiasso free kick from wide on the right. However, the striker was deemed fractionally offside, which felt harsh given the nature of the game’s opening goal.

Inter could not find a break, which was underlined again when Antonio Cassano unleashed a terrific curling effort from the edge of the area, only to see the ball drift just wide of the far post with Gianluigi Buffon beaten all ends up.

The Nerazzurri should also have been given a helping hand shortly before the break when Stephan Lichsteiner - already on a booking for jumping into Cambiasso - floored Palacio with a horribly reckless challenge. The Swiss escaped with a stern warning, though, and that enabled Juventus to ensure they reached the interval with their lead intact and 11 men still on the field - with Lichsteiner replaced by Martin Caceres almost immediately.

The Bianconeri made another change during the break, sending Nicklas Bendtner on in place of Vucinic, but it was Inter who looked the more likely to score next, with Palacio blazing over after being slipped in on goal by Diego Milito, before Yuto Nagatomo drew a decent save out of Buffon after cutting in from the left wing.

An equaliser felt inevitable if Inter’s luck would only turn, and it did on 59 minutes when the officials did wonderfully well to spot Marchisio’s slight tug on Milito in the area. The hosts were incensed but the Argentine did not care and he converted the resulting spot-kick with aplomb to finally draw his side level.

The momentum was now all with Inter and they silenced Juventus Stadium when Milito struck again in the 75th minute, firing past Buffon after the goalkeeper had failed to parry Guarin's well-struck drive to safety.

Led by Andrea Pirlo, the home side tried to rally, but they were stung on the counterattack in the final minute of normal time. Palacio controlled Nagatomo's clever through ball before prodding it past Buffon, to put the seal on Inter's eighth successive win in all competitions.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
132524 messaggi

logo.png

Arturo Vidal (1′)

Rodrigo Palacio (89′)

Juventus Stadium - Turin

Attendance: 38000

Inter victory ends Juventus record!

Inter overcame a controversial goal after 18 seconds and potential red card

to end Juventus’ 49-match unbeaten record with a shock 3-1 result in Turin!

2i948x5.jpg

Nov 3, 2012

This was a contentious clash that saw a Bianconeri goal that should’ve been disallowed and Stephan Lichtsteiner spared a second yellow card, but Diego Milito’s brace completed a remarkable comeback for Juve’s first ever defeat at the Juventus Stadium.

This Derby d’Italia was also a top of the table showdown between first and second with neither side pulling punches. Andrea Stramaccioni was without Wesley Sneijder, Philippe Coutinho, Dejan Stankovic, Cristian Chivu, Jonathan and Joel Obi, but went for it with a 3-4-3 system led by the all-star trident. Juve welcomed back Arturo Vidal and Claudio Marchisio from suspension and injury respectively.

Something had to give, as Juve had won all their Serie A home games while Inter had a 100 per cent record on their travels and were coming off eight consecutive victories in all competition.

It could not have possibly been a better start for Juventus, as Kwadwo Asamoah ran on to a Mirko Vucinic pass – when offside – and rolled across for Vidal to prod into an empty net at the back post. Only 18 seconds had elapsed in Turin.

It was so nearly 2-0 at the fourth minute, as Vucinic just failed to make contact with the Sebastian Giovinco ball across the face of goal. Andrea Pirlo’s inspired ball over the top found Marchisio clear on goal and his volley was beaten away from point-blank range by Samir Handanovic.

Inter emerged from their shells and Esteban Cambiasso fired over, then Rodrigo Palacio had the ball in the net but was marginally offside when going to get the header off a quickly-taken Cambiasso free kick.

Antonio Cassano curled inches wide of the far post from a poorly-cleared corner as the visitors began to see much more of the ball.

More controversy on 34 minutes when Stephan Lichtsteiner, who had already been booked, avoided a second yellow card for a completely mistimed tackle on Palacio. Despite the Inter protests, the Swiss winger was allowed to stay on the field.

Moments later Vidal gathered just inside the box and was cleanly challenged by Juan Jesus. Aware of the risk Lichtsteiner was running, Angelo Alessio wisely replaced him with Martin Caceres.

Giovinco got to the by-line but pulled back into Handanovic’s arms, then the goalkeeper had to palm a looping Asamoah deflected cross over the bar. In first half stoppages Vidal went clear when intercepting a pass that Yuto Nagatomo left, but Handanovic beat away the powerful finish.

Vucinic needed treatment for a calf problem in the first half and didn’t come out for the second, making way for Nicklas Bendtner. Leonardo Bonucci had a rare shot on goal, as he was allowed to progress through the middle without being pressured and unleashed a strike that Handanovic beat away.

Palacio got to the by-line and Gigi Buffon came for it, but the angle was too narrow and he hit the side-netting. Milito sparked a counter-attack with three against two, but Palacio fired over the bar.

Play was halted for a few moments as goal line referee Orsato was hit in the back of the neck by an object thrown from the stands, but it resumed after a few seconds. It looked to be a rolled up piece of card with sellotape to make it into a ball.

Nagatomo burst in-between two defenders to latch on to a Cassano pass down the left and stung Buffon’s palms at the near post.

From a Cassano free kick moments later, Marchisio dragged back Milito’s shirt as he was about to pull the trigger and the goal line official awarded the penalty. Il Principe got back up to successfully convert, lifting it powerfully above Buffon at the near post for his first goal in an Inter jersey against Juventus.

Handanovic punched away a Pirlo free kick and Giovinco had penalty appeals when he sprinted past one defender and fell under pressure from Walter Gargano, but the referee did not consider it to be a powerful enough contact on his shoulder.

The Inter goalkeeper plucked a cross off the head of Bendtner, then Juan Jesus made a crucial intervention in midfield to stop Vidal completing a dangerous Juve counter-attack.

The Nerazzurri could’ve taken the lead on 74 minutes when Palacio got away from Giorgio Chiellini and rolled across for Milito, who only got a touch under pressure from Andrea Barzagli, then it kept going for Cambiasso and a decisive last-ditch Caceres tackle managed to block his shot.

Inter’s tails were up and they completed the comeback with a second from Milito. Substitute Fredy Guarin surged forward through the middle and forced Buffon into a save with his angled drive, but Milito was first to the rebound and fired him at the back post.

Juve were on the verge of losing their 49-match unbeaten Serie A run and replaced substitute Caceres with striker Fabio Quagliarella. Milito made way for Gaby Mudingayi, as Inter shored up the midfield.

Handanovic fingertipped a Pirlo screamer round the upright, but Gargano’s poor backpass was intercepted by Bendtner who tried to curl it in from the by-line, but could not get it on target from the tightest of angles.

Quagliarella hit a fierce snapshot wide, but as Juve poured forward they allowed Nagatomo to go on the counter and he smartly put a through ball in for Palacio. Buffon got an elbow to it, but not enough to keep it out of the empty net.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Juventus: Buffon; Barzagli, Bonucci, Chiellini; Lichtsteiner (Caceres 38) (Quagliarella 78), Vidal, Pirlo, Marchisio, Asamoah; Giovinco, Vucinic (Bendtner 46)

Inter: Handanovic; Ranocchia, Samuel, Juan Jesus; Zanetti, Gargano, Cambiasso, Nagatomo; Palacio, Cassano (Guarin 69); Milito (Mudingayi 80)

Ref: Tagliavento

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
132524 messaggi

espnsoccemet.gif

Arturo Vidal (1′)

Rodrigo Palacio (89′)

Juventus Stadium - Turin

Inter stun Juventus

Inter Milan brought an end to Juventus' 49-game unbeaten run in Serie A with a 3-1

victory at the Juventus Stadium, where the Bianconeri had never lost a game before.

97qkg0.jpg

Nov 3, 2012

Arturo Vidal's goal after 19 seconds served only to inspire Inter, who turned the game around in the second half to move to within a point of Juve at the top of the table.

Diego Milito was on target twice for Andrea Stramaccioni's side before Rodrigo Palacio sealed Inter's seventh win in a row in the last minute.

Juve needed just 19 seconds to go ahead against the Nerazzurri although, like at Catania a fortnight ago, questions will be asked of an absent linesman's flag.

Kwadwo Asamoah was beyond the last Inter defender when he received the ball from Claudio Marchisio's touch, and it was his low cross which was met by Vidal at the far post to put the home team in front

Juve tried to provide justification for their lead with Marchisio twice being denied by Samir Handanovic after delightful passes from Andrea Pirlo picked him out inside the penalty area.

The linesman's flag was raised at the other end of the field to rule out Palacio's headed goal after he met Esteban Cambiasso's quickly taken free-kick in the 12th minute.

Antonio Cassano then curled a shot just inches wide of the post as Inter pushed for an equaliser, but it was the home team who almost grabbed a second before the break when Vidal pounced on a loose ball on the edge of the area, but his low shot was saved by Handanovic.

Inter came out fighting at the start of the second half with Palacio shooting into the side-netting from a tight angle having rounded Gianluigi Buffon.

A well-worked free-kick caught Juve out in the 59th minute with Marchisio resorting to tugging the shirt of Milito to prevent him from getting in a shot, but by doing so he gave away a penalty.

Milito stepped up to the spot to bring Inter level with a shot just beyond the reach of Buffon.

Inter took the lead in the 75th minute when substitute Fredy Guarin's shot was parried by Buffon to Milito, who beat the despairing lunge of Leonardo Bonucci to score his and Inter's second.

The Bianconeri sent everybody forward in search of an equaliser, but Nicklas Bendtner curled a shot from the goal line beyond the far post of an open goal.

Palacio then finished Juve off, completing a swift counter-attack after Juve committed too many men forward to end Juve's unbeaten run.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
132524 messaggi

Arturo Vidal (1′)

Rodrigo Palacio (89′)

Juventus Stadium - Turin

Player Ratings

Goal.com evaluates the performances of everyone involved in the crunch clash in Turin,

after a game in which the visitors came from behind to end the Bianconeri's unbeaten run.

2i053ia.jpg

Nov 3, 2012

3_48x48.jpgJuventus

Gianluigi Buffon - Wasn't actually called into action that often during the first half but was grateful to the linesman for intervening after he had been beaten by a well-placed header from Palacio. However, there was to be no reprieve after he was comfortably beaten from the spot by Milito.

Giorgio Chiellini - A typically reliable presence at the back for the Bianconeri, he made a couple of fantastically well-timed tackles. However, the undoubted highlight of the Italy international's contribution was undeniably a storming run out of the defence which sparked a counterattack that he very nearly got on the end of.

Andrea Barzagli - A no-nonsense performance at the back from the experienced defender.

Leonardo Bonucci - A solid enough display from the defender, though he was caught flat-footed by Milito midway through the second half and was ultimately booked for felling the forward.

Stephan Lichtsteiner - Subbed before he was sent off. Frustrated at being unable to play as offensively as usual because of Nagatomo's regular forays down the Juventus right, the Swiss was booked for needlessly throwing himself into Cambiasso as the Argentine jumped to head the ball wide to Nagatomo. He was then incredibly fortunate to stay on the field after a reckless tackle on Palacio. Wisely removed from the proceedings on 38 minutes.

Claudio Marchisio - As ever, always looking to get beyond his front two. Had already narrowly failed to get on the end of a cross from Giovinco when he brilliantly sprung the Inter offside trap only to slice his volley, thus allowing Handanovic to parry wide. Went close again moments later but ultimately cost his side two points by stupidly pulling back Milito in the area.

Andrea Pirlo - Always probing and picking passes, the veteran playmaker split the Inter defence with a sublime chip over the top that Marchisio probably should have scored from. Repeated the feat moments later but again his midfield partner was denied by Handanovic.

Kwadwo Asamoah - Made a sensational early impact, latching onto a pass from Vucinic before unleashing a shot-cum-cross which Vidal was on hand to divert into the net. Continued to threaten down the left flank thereafter but sometimes took the wrong option.

Arturo Vidal - Under pressure after a couple of lacklustre performances and the fine form of Paul Pogba, the Chilean wasted little time in justifying his inclusion by cleverly charging forward in support of Asamoah and then getting his reward for doing so when the ball arrived at his feet in front of what was effectively an open goal. Nearly scored again just before the break.

Sebastian Giovinco - Played his part in Vidal's goal with a neat one-two with Vucinic before putting over a most inviting cross that Marchisio only just failed to connect with. With his quick feet and pace, he was a constant threat to the Inter back three.

Mirko Vučinić - Looked lively enough early on and it was Vucinic's through-ball which put Asamoah away in the lead-up to the opening goal. However, the Montenegrin struggled badly thereafter to impose himself on the proceedings and he was hauled off at half time.

Substitutions

Martín Cáceres - Dropped to the bench after starting the midweek win over Bologna, the Uruguayan was thrown on shortly before half time because his replacement, Lichtsteiner, was running the risk of being sent off. Did well enough despite struggling to contain Nagatomo at times.

Nicklas Bendtner - Came on for Vucinic for the start of the second half but made no impact whatsoever.

2_48x48.jpg FC Internazionale

Samir Handanoviç - Had one very nervy moment when he made a mess of a throw, but deserves credit for keeping Inter in the game by saving Marchisio's volley at point-blank range.

Javier Adelmar Zanetti - Predictably committed display from the captain (as per usual), with his poise and passion best illustrated by the way in which he dispossessed Giovinco just as the forward was threatening to walk the ball into the net, before then charging out of defence and eventually earning his side a free.

Andrea Ranocchia - Was given problems by the elusive Giovinco but kept battling. Also created a terrific opening for Palacio with a fine ball over the top.

Walter Adrian Samuel - Booked for a mistimed challenge on Giovinco, whom he later shepherded off the ball extremely well after the diminutive forward had jinked his way into the area. Also put Handanovic under pressure with a poor back-pass but, for the most part, Samuel defended well.

Juan - Back in the side after suspension, the Brazilian made some incredibly vital interventions, most notably when he cut out Giovinco's attempted through-ball for Vucinic before then stripping Vidal of possession on the edge of the area just as the Chilean was looking to get a shot away.

Yuto Nagatomo - A terrific outlet for Inter down the left-hand side, the Japanese put the equally attack-minded Lichsteiner on the back foot and very nearly scored in the second half with a well-struck drive after cutting into the area.

Esteban Matias Cambiasso - Did more than anyone to get Inter back on track after such a dreadful start, putting in a number of crunching tackles as well as getting forward to threaten Buffon's goal. Also provided the ball that Palacio headed home only to then be flagged offside. Later denied a tap-in by a fine last-ditch tackle from Caceres.

Walter Gargano - The Uruguayan was an industrious presence in the middle of the park, regularly winning the ball back for his side.

Rodrigo Palacio - So unlucky to get flagged offside after nodding Cambiasso's free kick past Buffon - particularly given the nature of Vidal's opener. Should have at least hit the target when put in on goal by Ranocchia but he made no mistake after being slipped through by Nagatomo in the dying seconds. The goal was just reward for Inter's liveliest attacker.

Diego Alberto Milito - Very subdued during an opening period in which he was never presented with a clear sight of goal and was forced to drift wide in order to get on the ball. However, like all great strikers, he took his chances when they came, firing home from the spot after he himself had been fouled in the area, before then deciding the game with an equally composed finish after Buffon could only parry Guarin's shot.

Antonio Cassano - Quiet enough early on but then very nearly drew Inter level with a sublime curling effort from the edge of the box which deserved a goal. However, despite playing some incisive passes here and there, his influence waned the longer the game went on and he was replaced with just over 20 minutes remaining.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
132524 messaggi

Arturo Vidal (1′)

Rodrigo Palacio (89′)

Juventus Stadium - Turin

Inter end Juventus' 49-match unbeaten run

to blow Scudetto race wide open

The Nerazzurri put a stop to the Bianconeri's fabulous 18-month streak

and ensured they are now taken seriously as title contenders.

202ioo.jpg

Nov 3, 2012

COMMENT

By Kris Voakes | Italian Football Writer

The half-century beckoned for Juventus, but they could not quite get over the line. After 49 games unbeaten it was their big rivals Inter, of all teams, that brought their dreams of a record streak to an end. But more than that, the Nerazzurri appear to have opened up what was threatening to be a one-horse race for this season’s Scudetto.

With easily their most impressive win under Andrea Stramaccioni, and the one that puts down a marker like no other since their Champions League success in Madrid in May 2010, Inter are now just a point behind Juve and are real title hopefuls once more. On a night when they could have bowed their heads and cried foul after feeling the rough end of a big offside call just a quarter of a minute into the game, they instead fought back like tigers to get the result they deserved.

Arturo Vidal’s opener just 18 seconds into the game should undoubtedly have been ruled out after Kwadwo Asamoah strayed offside, but the very fact the Ghanaian was allowed so much space immediately from the kick-off suggested it may be a long night for the Nerazzurri defence. And, as the Old Lady constantly threatened to extend their lead over the next 10 minutes, a landslide home win could easily have been on the cards.

But that is where Stramaccioni has built a very different kind of Inter side. This Beneamata is one which makes the most of what it has. And by midway through the first-half they were arguably the better side. They again seemed to be shortchanged as Stephan Lichtsteiner – already booked – went in late and high on Rodrigo Palacio, but received nothing by way of reprimand. Once again they stood strong and continued the fight, and in the second-half they dominated large spells of the game.

First, Claudio Marchisio pulled back Diego Milito as he moved to mop up Esteban Cambiasso’s miskick from a free-kick, with referee Paolo Tagliavento quickly pointing to the spot. Milito’s conversion levelled the scores, and soon after he was celebrating again. Substitute Fredy Guarin ran powerfully into space left behind by Giorgio Chiellini and sent in a fierce shot which Gianluigi Buffon could only palm to the onrushing Argentine, who finished with deadly aplomb.

The game was so stretched by the end that Juve looked likely to be punished as they sought to preserve their magnificent 18-month-old record, and when Rodrigo Palacio made the most of a breakaway that Yuto Nagatomo somehow managed to keep alive, it was party time for the visiting supporters.

It is Inter’s ninth successive win in all competitions, a club record bettered only by the Nerazzurri of Roberto Mancini’s era, but it also shows that Stramaccioni’s men mean business. They have a very flexible squad, creative movement up front, and a resilience as a unit that few in Serie A can match.

Juventus are still top of Serie A tonight, and rightly remain favourites to carry away the title at the end of the season. But Inter have ensured that a Scudetto race is on the cards this season, and if they continue to put in performances like the one at Juventus Stadium tonight, they could well become champions this term.

It is game on now.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
132524 messaggi

Arturo Vidal (1′)

Rodrigo Palacio (89′)

Juventus Stadium - Turin

Stramaccioni slams Juventus for 'lack of respect'

Inter boss was thrilled with his side for ending the Bianconeri's 49-match unbeaten run,

but was riled by pre-match comments from Saturday's opponents regarding his tactics.

ibb9qd.jpg

Nov 3, 2012

Andrea Stramaccioni has slammed Juventus for showing him a "lack of respect" after Inter blew the Serie A title race wide open with a 3-1 win over the reigning champions in Turin.

Despite falling behind to Arturo Vidal's opener, two goals from Diego Milito and a Rodrigo Palacio strike stunned the Old Lady and marked the Nerazzurri out as serious title contenders.

“I tried to prepare for the game in the best way possible and it is also annoying to hear sarcasm from Juve before the match on Inter’s tactical approach," he told reporters after the game.

"At the final whistle perhaps [Juventus sporting director] Beppe Marotta might think differently. I just want respect. They were sarcastic comments about how I was 'tactically carefree’ – we prepare for games in every detail during training."

After much speculation before the game, the 36-year-old opted for an adventurous 3-4-3 formation and believes the result is cast-iron proof that his tactics were spot on.

“I knew full well I'd play 3-4-3," he added.

"Inter forced Juventus, who have dominated Italian football for the last two years, into real problems. We won regardless of incidents, which I promised I will not talk about, so I think we deserve some respect."

The result leaves Stramaccioni's side in second place and one one point behind the Old Lady, and he believes the manner of their success will have made the rest of Italy sit up and take notice.

"This result will send a signal, as we came here to the Juventus Stadium against a team unbeaten in 49 rounds and attacked them with a trident," the Italian continued.

“Juve keep talking about what happened on the pitch, on the pitch, on the pitch – well, Inter beat them on the pitch. Inter are growing and that is the important thing.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
132524 messaggi

Arturo Vidal (1′)

Rodrigo Palacio (89′)

Juventus Stadium - Turin

I was complimenting Stramaccioni, insists Marotta

The Inter coach was angered by comments concerning his tactics before Saturday's clash

in Turin, but the Bianconeri director has dismissed suggestions his remarks were derogatory.

33ysu4j.jpg

Nov 3, 2012

Beppe Marotta has denied showing a lack of respect to Andrea Stramaccioni, insisting his pre-match assessment was in fact complimentary.

The Inter coach was furious at comments made by the Juventus director concerning his tactics in the build-up to the game, but Marotta has moved to play down suggestions he was sarcastic in his appraisal of his management.

“If he wants to cause controversy, that’s his problem. It was a compliment, as it means he had courage coming to Turin with three strikers,” Marotta told reporters.

“I said two excellent teams would go head-to-head today, so I cannot be clearer than that. If Stramaccioni wants to turn anything into a headline, then he’s free to do so.

“Not everyone comes to Turin with three forwards, so it really was a compliment."

The Nerazzurri recovered from conceding a first minute Arturo Vidal goal to win the match 3-1, ending Juventus' 49-game unbeaten run in Serie A in the process.

Marotta insisted his side did not underestimate the task at hand on Saturday evening, but hinted the Bianconeri's busy fixture list has left the team short of their best.

“We certainly did not underestimate Inter, who have some great individual players and I considered them to be one of the Scudetto contenders even before this match," he continued.

“Perhaps we were not at our best. We certainly had more chances in the first-half, though perhaps with the tempo not as high as usual.

“The squad is keeping up with constant commitments at domestic, European and international level, so that does take a lot out of you in physical and psychological terms.

“Let us not forget we still have the strongest attack and defence in Serie A. Our characteristics are that the group allows individuals to have scoring opportunities. Perhaps having a more clinical hitman would’ve brought us some advantages.”

Marotta also commented on the controversy surrounding Vidal's opener, which should have been ruled out due to a clear offside.

“They are mistakes, I don’t know whether grave or not. I think the goal was so fast that the assistant was not even in position and didn’t see.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
132524 messaggi

logo.png

Arturo Vidal (1′)

Rodrigo Palacio (89′)

Juventus Stadium - Turin

Alessio: 'Still proud of Juve'

hrmqvn.jpg

Nov 3, 2012

Juventus assistant manager Angelo Alessio remains “proud” of their efforts and rues missed opportunities in the defeat to Inter.

This 3-1 result was their first League loss since Antonio Conte took over and the first ever official defeat at the Juventus Stadium.

“Unfortunately we lost after 49 games, but Inter took their chances and we didn’t. The fact it was against Inter won’t leave any scars, as we played well and had several opportunities to double our lead in the first half,” he told Sky Sport Italia.

“We struggled a little from the penalty onwards, but remain proud of these players who were unbeaten in 49 and it’s just a pity about this game. We must look forward. We have to thank our fans for applauding right to the end and I’m sure there will be no psychological blowback.

“We have always played the same way and had three chances to score in the opening 10 minutes with Claudio Marchisio and Arturo Vidal. I only recall Antonio Cassano’s shot wide in the first half.

“We did not underestimate Inter. We were ready for them to play with a trident or a 3-5-2. We were prepared and did not make the most of our opportunities, then ran into difficulties after the break.

“Inter did not create much in the first half. Clearly if one of Marchisio’s chances had gone in then we’d be talking about a different match.

“Inter will certainly be in the Scudetto race to the end. We accept this defeat, but will certainly not make a drama out of it.”

Alessio reiterated that Juventus are still top of the table, but playing in the Champions League this season is making a difference.

“Playing every three days it’s not easy to maintain that intensity. We have to take our chances or will be made to pay against an excellent side like Inter.

“We misplaced too many passes and the interceptions saw them cause problems for us on the counter-attack.

“Clearly the forwards were too hasty in the first half when able to combine. Regardless of that, the team took the initiative and failed to score a second goal, so Inter eventually emerged.”

Mirko Vucinic limped off with a calf problem at half-time, so is in doubt to face Nordsjaelland.

“We are already looking forward to a very important Champions League game. We want to keep going and absolutely must win. Vucinic got a knock to his calf and the muscle hardened, so he had to go off. We’ll see what his condition is tomorrow.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
132524 messaggi

logo.png

Arturo Vidal (1′)

Rodrigo Palacio (89′)

Juventus Stadium - Turin

Strama: 'We beat Juve on the pitch'

24od53c.jpg

Nov 3, 2012

Andrea Stramaccioni reveals his grand plan to defeat Juventus worked and slammed the Bianconeri’s “lack of respect” for Inter.

The Coach was in fiery mood after a 3-1 victory in Turin ended the 49-match unbeaten run.

“I tried to prepare the game in the best way possible and it’s also annoying to hear sarcasm from Juve before the match on Inter’s tactical approach. At the final whistle perhaps Marotta might think differently. I just want respect.

“They were sarcastic comments about how I was ‘tactically carefree’ – we prepare games in every detail during training.

“Inter forced Juventus into real problems, who had dominated Italian football for the last two years. We won regardless of incidents, which I promised I won’t talk about, so I think we deserve some respect.”

Stramaccioni said in his Press conference on Friday that he did not know which system he’d use and surprised everyone with a 3-4-3.

“It was not a coup de theatre, but rather the best way of stopping Juve dominating for the whole 90 minutes. I think Inter did that, as we remained dangerous with the trident and caused them constant problems, which gave no reference points to the Juve defenders.

“That’s the way I prepared and read the game. We could’ve lost of course, but that’s just the way I chose to approach it.

“I knew full well I’d play 3-4-3. I thought Juventus would have an advantage by knowing our tactics beforehand, so why should I make it easier for them? Our strength is that we are versatile and have a basic approach that can then be adjusted for each individual situation.”

“When I told the strikers I wanted to play this way, it perhaps surprised them too, but became an enormously motivating force and everyone stepped up. By lowering their right winger to control our trident, which is what we wanted, it created more space for us to cause them trouble down the left and fortunately we achieved it.”

Arturo Vidal scored after 18 seconds with a goal that should’ve been ruled offside, then Stephan Lichtsteiner got away with a second bookable offence.

“Inter conceded this goal when I had barely even got on to the bench and that turns the tide, but over time we grew and I have to say this is the first time I have seen Juve under such pressure on their own turf. Having said that, Juventus remain on top of the table and are still the Serie A leaders.

“The greatest day of my career? That was when President Massimo Moratti chose me to lead Inter. This result will send a signal, as we came here to the Juventus Stadium against a team unbeaten in 49 rounds and attacked them with a trident.

“At half-time I was certain we’d get the game back on track and even win it, because I saw the way it was going. The whole team had belief and was fired up during the break. Inter are growing and that is the important thing.”

Stramaccioni concluded on Sky Sport Italia by hitting Juventus on their motto about the two Scudetti stripped by Calciopoli: ‘30 on the pitch.’

“Juve keep talking about what happened on the pitch, on the pitch, on the pitch – well, Inter beat them on the pitch.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
132524 messaggi

logo.png

Arturo Vidal (1′)

Rodrigo Palacio (89′)

Juventus Stadium - Turin

Marotta: 'I complimented Strama'

hu3l9g.jpg

Nov 3, 2012

Juventus director Beppe Marotta denies he was sarcastic or lacking in respect after Andrea Stramaccioni’s angry response.

Inter Coach Stramaccioni was very irritated after the 3-1 win in Turin at the ‘sarcastic’ comments from Marotta regarding his ‘carefree tactics.’

“If he wants to cause controversy, that’s his problem. It was a compliment, as it means he had courage coming to Turin with three strikers,” insisted Marotta.

“I said two excellent teams would go head-to-head today, so I cannot be clearer than that. If Stramaccioni wants to turn anything into a headline, then he’s free to do so.

“Not everyone comes to Turin with three forwards, so it really was a compliment.

“We certainly did not underestimate Inter, who have some great individual players and I considered them to be one of the Scudetto contenders even before this match.

“Perhaps we were not at our best. We certainly had more chances in the first half, though perhaps with the tempo not as high as usual.

“The squad is keeping up with constant commitments at domestic, European and international level, so that does take a lot out of you in physical and psychological terms.

“Let us not forget we still have the strongest attack and defence in Serie A. Our characteristics are that the group allows individuals to have scoring opportunities. Perhaps having a more clinical hitman would’ve brought us some advantages.”

Marotta also commented on the controversial incidents, as Arturo Vidal’s opener should’ve been ruled offside.

“They are mistakes, I don’t know whether grave or not. I think the goal was so fast that the assistant was not even in position and didn’t see.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
132524 messaggi

logo.png

Arturo Vidal (1′)

Rodrigo Palacio (89′)

Juventus Stadium - Turin

Chiellini: 'Inter deserved it'

199set.jpg

Nov 3, 2012

Giorgio Chiellini admits he was surprised by the tactical approach Inter took at the Juventus Stadium. “They deserved the victory.”

The Nerazzurri adopted a 3-4-3 system with Rodrigo Palacio, Diego Milito and Antonio Cassano upfront.

“In all honesty, I expected them to man-mark Andrea Pirlo but wasn’t sure if it’d be Fredy Guarin or Palacio. That’s how they approached Fiorentina with Coutinho coming back, but this time they seemed to alternate,” he said after the 3-1 defeat.

“Inter are very strong on the counter and until we kept our balance to lock down those spaces, we were in control and had the chances to add a second goal.

“As soon as we lost our unity and started to leave more spaces, Inter took advantage and deserved the victory.”

Arturo Vidal had given Juve the lead after 18 seconds, but it should’ve been ruled offside.

“At half-time we were thinking of other things and not whether the goal was offside. In the second half Inter were able to stretch us out and that created the space they needed to score. The most dangerous moment is when we are open and lose possession.

“All their goals were created by these situations where we were open by going forward and caught on the counter when losing possession.

“I don’t know whether Inter have the best strike force, as I think of Napoli, Roma and Milan, but obviously when those three work together then they are impressive.”

Juventus have lost their unbeaten Serie A record under Antonio Conte after 49 games and go into a must-win Champions League match with Nordsjaelland.

“It was better not to lose, but when you do then it is always better to get straight back out there. Tomorrow we’ll analyse the game and try to work out the mistakes we made to ensure they don’t happen again.

“We are still top of the table and in the Champions League, so we have a lot to give.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
132524 messaggi

logo.png

Arturo Vidal (1′)

Rodrigo Palacio (89′)

Juventus Stadium - Turin

Zanetti: 'An historic victory'

do5obs.jpg

Nov 3, 2012

Inter captain Javier Zanetti hailed “an historic victory” to terminate the 49-match unbeaten Juventus run in Serie A.

“Yes, it is a historic victory, above all for the strength of our opponents. We knew Juventus were unbeaten in a long time and deserved to be top of the table,” he said of the 3-1 result.

“We started on a path and have slowly gone along it. We came here to play our game with pride, heart and determination.

“We aim to become a great team and I believe the path we are on is the right one. We are a new squad who want to be fighting for the Scudetto come the end of the season.”

“We knew that we had to face this game with great character, even when things do not go your way. The victory was deserved.”

Andrea Stramaccioni surprised many with his 3-4-3 system at the Juventus Stadium.

“We had prepared this system and knew that with our three strikers it requires sacrifice from the midfield, but we are happy to do that because they can take their chances so well.

“Football has moments and last season things went badly, so most of the criticism was aimed at me and Esteban Cambiasso. Maybe it’s because we’re older. I have always run hard and will continue to do so until I can’t do it anymore.

“The club knows the moment I realise that the team doesn’t need me or that I cannot help them, then I will step aside. I am proud to wear the captain’s armband and my teammates make me feel important to them.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
132524 messaggi

logo.png

Arturo Vidal (1′)

Rodrigo Palacio (89′)

Juventus Stadium - Turin

Moratti 'feared the worst'

qnr9ll.jpg

Nov 3, 2012

President Massimo Moratti admits he thought the worst after Juventus scored, but Inter “reacted to the injustice.”

Arturo Vidal netted in the opening minute of the Derby d’Italia, though Kwadwo Asamoah was clearly offside in the build-up.

“After 17 seconds I was worried that we were off to a bad start,” revealed Moratti on Premium Calcio.

The Nerazzurri went on to win 3-1 at the Juventus Stadium, ending a 49-match unbeaten run for the Bianconeri.

Coach Andrea Stramaccioni surprised many with his 3-4-3 system, especially after declaring he would not risk the trident.

“Stramaccioni does not need to be compared to Jose Mourinho – he is good and that’s all you need to say.

“I knew for three days that he was going to use the trident. Now I am happy, as a season that seemed to be a transitional one is now getting interesting. Let’s wait before talking about targeting the Scudetto, though.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
132524 messaggi

logo_new.gif

Arturo Vidal (1′)

Rodrigo Palacio (89′)

Juventus Stadium - Turin

Inter End Juventus' Unbeaten League Run in Emphatic Fashion

jindiv.jpg

Nov 3, 2012

After 49 unbeaten matches in the Italian Serie A, Juventus have been brought back down to reality after being defeated 3-1 at the Juventus Stadium by archrivals Inter Milan. The victory sees Inter close the gap at the top of the league to just one point.

Juventus began proceedings in the best possible way, sending the home fans into a frenzy in the very first minute. Kwadwo Asamoah was cleverly released down the left wing by Mirko Vucinic. The Ghanaian then played a delightful ball across into the Inter penalty area where a rampant Arturo Vidal slotted home: 1-0 Juventus.

It wasn't long until the Bianconeri were on the attack again. This time, Andrea Pirlo orchestrated some nice interplay on the edge of the Inter penalty area before finding Marchisio unmarked in the box. The Italian international was unable to get the better of Handanovic who tipped the ball around for a corner.

As the match wore on Inter began to retain possession of the ball but left little to the imagination as they were unable to get an equaliser. Cambiasso fired over the bar twice in quick succession as they pressed forward.

Just minutes later, however, it was Inter who thought they had netted a goal. A quickly taken free kick from Cambiasso was met by Palacio in the box. An unprepared Buffon was left planted as the ball found its way into the net. Amidst celebration, the goal was overturned by an offside ruling: A warning sign of what was to come.

With space opening up, Cassano drove wide after being left unmarked on the edge of the Juve penalty area. Elsewhere, Giovinco continued to make a nuisance of himself weaving in and out of Inter defenders as Juventus pushed to build on their lead.

Inter were almost caught napping on the stroke of halftime, when a Mirko Vucinic ball across the edge of the Inter box was left by the Inter defence. It fell to none other than Arturo Vidal, whose driven shot was well saved by Handanovic. The first half finished 1-0. Juventus by this point, sitting seven points ahead at the top of the Serie A.

The Italian champions picked up where they left off after the break, Giovinco yet again causing trouble up front. However, it was Inter who were looking the more dangerous as they continued to break on the counter. First, it was Palacio who took one touch too many to allow Buffon just enough time to tip his shot over the bar; then, Nagatomo evaded a Caceres and Barzagli challenge to break into the area and shoot directly at Buffon.

Just minutes later, Inter's persistence paid off when they were awarded a penalty—Marchisio, the Juventus culprit. Cue Il'Principe, Diego Milito fired home much to the dismay of the Juventus faithful. It was 1-1. Game on.

The goal seemingly gave the Nerazzurri a new lease on life. Andrea Stramaccioni was determined to push forward and exploit the tiring Juventus backline. As such he replaced Cassano for Fredy Guarin. A move which would prove instrumental just minutes later.

Juventus continued to hold possession within the Inter half, Pirlo unsurprisingly pulling all the strings. However, a dispossession on the halfway line to the newly introduced Guarin, saw the Colombian International drive deep into the Juventus half to unleash a fierce shot along the ground.

Buffon was only able to parry the ball, and as the ball fell to Diego Milito the Argentinian made no mistake in putting Inter ahead with just 15 minutes remaining. At 2-1 Inter, Juventus were on the brink of their first league defeat in the Juventus Stadium.

Quagliarella was brought on by Angelo Alessio as Juventus adopted an all-out attacking formation. Andre Pirlo attempted a long range shot, but Handanovic was determined to keep Juventus at bay. Quagliarella followed suit, but he was unable to get his left footed attempt on target.

It was inevitable that as Juventus pushed forward, space would open up in behind, and when Nagatomo broke on the counter, Rodrigo Palacio was left unmarked in the penalty area. Buffon stood no chance one on one and could only watch as Palacio's shot trickled by, sealing the fate of the Bianconeri. Now they were 3-1 and out of reach.

Inter Milan's victory in Turin has rekindled the title race in Italy, with just one point separating the Nerazzurri from the Bianconeri. For Juventus, the defeat sees them fall short of AC Milan's 58-game unbeaten streak in the Serie A by just nine games. They will look to make amends when they face FC Nordsjælland in the Champions League Midweek.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
132524 messaggi

blackwhiteread-xl.jpg

Arturo Vidal (1′)

Rodrigo Palacio (89′)

Juventus Stadium - Turin

Brave Inter Outplay Champions For 1st Defeat in 50 Serie A Games

34zedxi.jpg

Nov 3, 2012

Keep your head up Juventini. It was time.

POST-GAME REFLECTION

It hurts. It definitely hurts. But in a weird way, it makes sense and it's good for us. This may not be what you wanted to hear, and nor will this be - Inter deserved the win.

It would be a mistake to call this game a fluke - a one game misfortune, since it's more than that. At the same time, we should do everything but panic. And panic we won't.

This is the time when leaders stay calm, reasonable, and learn from the team's collective mistakes to get better. Juventus has those leaders in our players and coaches.

Remember last year when we drew way too many games and could not for the life of us get a solid winning streak? If you step back and look at the last few games we've played, we've been in a very similar funk, just this time we somehow managed to win those games. The problems are only slightly different this year - we have better players in some positions, we actually create more goal-scoring chances, but the goal drought is still there, and we struggle to put away games in which we already have the advantage. There is more than one solution to this problem and I have full faith our coaching staff and management will figure it out. Deep down inside, so do you.

Looking at the 94 minutes that just transpired, what hurts the most is not that we lost to our biggest rival, but that we deserved to lose.

TACTICAL THOUGHTS

Inter - In a surprise move, Stramaccioni decided to play a 3-4-3 formation in the heart of Torino, which very few teams have the balls to do. Even more interestingly, Pirlo was left unmarked and Inter decided to try to break Juve down by collective pressing and intercepting passes early then going on the counter. The trident up front stretched Juve's defense and caused problems when our wing backs were late to slot back and help out. It was a risky set up by Stramaccioni which could've easily gone the wrong way if Juventus were a bit more decisive. However, given our recent performances that was hardly going to be the case. Another key thing that Inter bet on, and won, was the inability of our wing backs to make a difference in attack. This gave Zanetti and Nagatomo an easier job defensively and more space to push up on the counter.

Juventus - Conte and Alessio changed little tactically and were made to pay for it. Juventus was the predictable team on the eve and thus easier to break down. Our very own hastiness and impatience in attack hurt us greatly, as Giovinco and Vucinic were rarely able to connect and put pressure on Inter's weak defense. At the end of the game Alessio went with a 3-4-3 himself with Giovinco behind Quagliarella and Bendtner but that turned out to be a fruitless attempt at scoring as well.

MATCH RECAP

It all happened way too fast right at the start of the game. Vucinic put Asamoah through on goal, whose wide shot fell perfectly for Vidal for the tap-in and opening goal. Inter didn't know what hit them - were they supposed to look at the linesman for offside or among themselves for the lackadaisical first 20 seconds? Turns out they should've stared down the ref on the side of the pitch, since he missed an offside on the pass to Asamoah. Instead, they looked on as the Juventus Stadium erupted, Vidal did his heart-shaped gesture, and Juve were off to an amazing start after just 18 seconds. Just like that it was 1-0.

It was a risky decision, really, to play 3 at the back and 3 up front for Stramaccioni. A young, inexperienced coach decided to try something he was convinced would work, and it started crumbling in the first minute of the game. It continued on too. Juventus were encouraged by the early goal and created multiple opportunities in which they could have, and really should have, put the game away early. Marchisio most notably had the chance to be the hero once again. Twice he made a run in the box and twice he was set up perfectly by Pirlo for a second goal. Unfortunately, our Principino didn't capitalize, and Inter survived the early rush.

Around the 15th minute you could see flashes of Inter's 3-4-3 formation coming back to life. The trident up front did well to overlap with the wingers on several occasions, winning corners and pushing Juve's defense back further. Cassano had the best chance of the half for the nerazzurri, but his curler was just wide off the rooted Buffon's far post.

Then a rested Arturo Vidal started coming into his own offensively. After being an absolutely beast defensively throughout the first 30 minutes, he started linking up with our forwards a lot better and had a golden opportunity at the end of the first half to really give Juventus an edge going into the break. Unfortunately, his shot from the right side of the field was saved by Handanovic. In truth, he should've done a lot better and put Juventus up 2-0 especially after scuffing away a golden opportunity on the counter earlier, when he decided to dribble instead of take a one-time shot on goal with his left foot.

Two different Juventus and Inter teams came out of the 15 minute break for the second half. Juventus was slower, almost complacent in midfield and started giving away possession more carelessly. The only actual chance early in the second half came from a cameo run by Bonucci, whose shot lacked just a little bit of accuracy to beat the Bosnian keeper.

Inter had woken up completely and were on the attack, trying to equalize through solid possession and good build up play. It took them 14 minutes to do so, when Milito was fouled in the area after a free kick and he himself converted a spot kick. But Inter didn't stop there.

Encouraged by the equalizer, Inter set up well defensively against the toothless Juventus attack now comprised of Giovinco and Bendtner and waited for its chance on the counter. That chance came on 75 minutes when Vidal gave away possession in midfield, giving Guarin a chance to run at Chiellini and shoot on goal. Buffon parried the shot but only to Milito's feet who pounced on the rebound for Inter's second.

As expected, our Bianconeri pushed for a second goal but had no conviction in attack. Palacio was able to sneak away a third goal for Inter on a counter late in the game after a Nagatomo run. Game, set, match for Inter.

LE PAGELLE

Buffon: 6.5 - Was frustrated more today than in any match in recent history, and failed to be a difference-maker on the night with his performance. While you can't really blame him for any of the goals, you can't help but wish he would've been the Superman we needed on a couple of those occasion. To be fair to San Gigi, he anticipated the direction in which Palacio's shot was going to go and almost saved it, but ran out of luck there.

Barzagli: 6.5 - He was an absolute beast in the first 30 minutes of the game, anticipating Inter's counter-attacks well and breaking them up. Played a bit shakier as the game went on and had some referee decisions go against him, which seemed to frustrate him even more. He was up for the challenge though, always closing down even further up the pitch when necessary.

Bonucci: 6.5 - Left most of the hard work to Barzagli and Chiellini and played his usual game in the center of defense. Was in the right spot at the right time on several occasions in the first half. As the game went on and Inter gave us more trouble, he was tested a lot more. The fact that Chiellini and Barzagli were stretched out on his sides didn't help as he's used to having them to help out when necessary. It would've been lovely if he scored on that run of his - you see him blasting shots at goal in warmup before each game and you know he can hit them, just not sure if he's a "run with the ball and take a great shot" type of defender.

Chiellini: 6.5 - I was going to give him a 6 with a heavy heart, but I'll be a bit generous. He had some key interceptions throughout the game and looked really up for it, but I think his negatives overwhelmed the positives. Was repeatedly beaten by Palacio on his side and even though Juventus played deep at the beginning he still managed to give Palacio space behind him. Didn't quite close down Guarin on the second goal and left him with an open shot at Buffon, plus he made some rash tackles (who could've really gone either way) to give Inter more momentum. A tough game for our defense in general, luckily no one incident was down to an individual's fault so they can all bounce back stronger in midweek.

Lichtsteiner: 5.5 - Only played 38 minutes and almost got sent off in that time. If you ask me, that first yellow he received was not a yellow card, but he should've been booked for the high challenge on Palacio. He has the grinta and determination of a thousand Gods, but he needs to learn how to channel that into a composed yet effective performance in games like these.

Pirlo: 6.5 - One thing that screamed at me as the game went on is this genius of a football player is tired. He's played a ton and keeps chucking away, but on a night where he isn't man-marked he usually puts in a lot of great balls that are difficult for the opposition's defense to handle. After setting up Marchisio brilliantly on a couple occasions, he faded a bit and deferred build up play to our wingers and attackers who were all off on the night. I know we have a crucial game against the Danes coming, but Conte will need to find a time to give him a breather.

Marchisio: 6 - This may be harsh for our Principino, but he was really only visible offensively in the first 15 minutes. He's said it, his dad has said, we've all said it - Marchisio needs to score more on this team. Those 2 chances he had in the beginning should've resulted in at least one goal. After those, he ran a lot and covered great ground defensively, but was largely ineffective in the second half. Showed a flash of spirit late in the second 45 minutes on the left side with some great tackles in a row, but he seemed to be tired as well. Inter's midfield and attacking trio gave him a lot of headaches. People will blame him for the penalty and in honesty there was quite a bit of shirt pulling, but if that was a clear penalty then you can find one of those in every corner kick ever taken in Europe. Not a game to remember for Claudio, hoping he'll make more of a difference on Wednesday.

Vidal: 6.5 - At halftime I had the most bittersweet feeling about Arturo - he scored and had a great first half, energetic and full of confidence on the field. But then, he scuffed a couple great opportunities to put the game away and I was seriously mad at him for not taking a shot on that counter attack and instead opting to dribble in the box. Still, he had a very positive first half. Then the second 45 minutes came and he struggled. You can almost directly blame him for Milito's second goal as his turnover cost us that counter attack. In all, it was good to see a rested Vidal back in the squad, but he'll kick himself for not making more of an impact in the second half.

Asamoah: 6 - For the second game in a row he was more or less shot down on the left side, this time by the genius of Javier Zanetti. After his inadvertent assist on Vidal's goal his contribution waned and it took him a bit to realize cutting in is also an option when taking on Zanetti. In defense, his physicality helped us but the nature of Inter's play, on the counter, meant that he had little time to help out by the time he got back next to Chiellini.

Giovinco: 6 - To be honest, I don't understand some of the rage directed at the tiny striker after the game. While blaming one player for this loss would be futile anyways, most of the verbal attacks I've seen on players have been aimed directly at Giovinco. From what I've read online there was plenty of verbal abuse aimed at the Atomic Ant from the fans at the stadium as well. To me, Giovinco's performance was a typicall for him as of late. Did a lot, ran a lot, tried many runs and link up plays, but his touch is just not there. Not only his finishing touch, but at times his first touch and passing timing as well. He's not performing the way we've hoped he would be and there's a reason the goals are lacking. I still maintain he just needs a break out game where he bangs a goal or two to feel better about himself. Should Conte put him in a trequartista role on Wednesday? Maybe, he's certainly showed that he can track back as well when necessary (something he was lacking earlier in his career). Either way, I don't blame him individually for the loss. Neither should you.

Vucinic: 6 - In just 45 minutes, Mirko's only memorable contribution was the through ball to Asamoah for the opening goal. Other than that, nada. We could've used his best in the second half but he limped off with a tight calf at half time.

Subs:

Caceres: 6 - Alessio was smart to bring him in for the soon-to-be-sent-off Lichtsteiner, but then he was taken off in the second half for Quagliarella. Didn't attack his man on the right and was caught napping by the quick Nagatomo in defense on a couple occasions.

Bendtner: 6 - Played 45 minutes but did nothing of value as well. Saw very few crosses in the box and was mostly played to feet, where he was too slow to make an impact.

Quagliarella: sv -

Conte/Alessio: 5.5 - It may be harsh, but Conte/Alessio got outcoached by Stramaccioni on the day. There's no other way to put it. They decided to stick with their "tried and tested" starting formation and line-up, while Inter switched things up and surprised our Bianconeri. Many have resorted to blaming Alessio for the lack of leadership on the sideline today, but I won't go down that route. Yes, Conte would've been better to have on the bench and we surely do miss him, but this team can and should do more without Conte to build them up at halftime of each game. It's time for new things at Juventus. Maybe a 3-4-3 of our own with Giovinco as a trequartista as has been rumored for a while now? Whatever it is, we'll need a change of pace and mentality going into Wednesday's game.

THINGS I THINK I THINK

On the controversy - I wrote about this extensively in my last match recap so I won't repeat myself, but I've been proud to be a Juventino today in light of all the class I've seen from our fans throughout the interwebs. Yes the first goal was offside but I doubt the ref even had time to check Asamoah's position so early in the game. Tagliavento today was, and this is the nicest I could've put it, absolute shit of a referee. The conversation that referee's mistakes should spark is not one about fixing matches or fabricating calciopoli scandals to hurt each other as teams. It's about the low quality of refereeing in Serie A that is evident day in and day out. There are many instances where referees are human and miss things, and I think we above all understand that. However, the level of calling Serie A games is so low that there are tons of mistakes every game and some fans (heck even some team presidents) need only a few to latch onto and use it as a spark. Thousands of words can be written about the goals Juventus scored in the last 2 games as well as the penalties Inter received in the same time span. It's not about that. While there may be corruption in Italy on some level, I would argue that no one is ducking in tunnels in stadiums or calling referees or paying them bags of money to influence a game one way or another. We need better referees in Serie A, period.

No excuses - This is why I love being a bianconero. When we lose a game on the pitch, we admit it. We don't blame it on referees or quality of the pitch or schedule congestion. Some may do, and they may have arguments to support either one on both sides (Inter's and Juventus'), but mostly it's about looking through all that bullshit and saying yes, Inter beat Juventus on the pitch today. And that actually makes me look forward to the return leg at San Siro even more, cause we are coming! Did you see the fans chanting even after 90 minutes? Did you see the coreagrafia at the start? We'll be ready, and we're coming!

Time for a change - I alluded to this in the beginning so I'll end my game recap with it - this defeat is ultimately good for Juventus. I would've never picked a worse team to lose the streak to than m***a, but if it had to happen, I am glad it's happening it now. This team needs to wake up. These players (and coaches) need to take a long look at themselves. Juventus is lacking the pace, grinta, and determination we've set as a standard throughout the last 49 Serie A games. The run we had has been absolutely magnificent and none of us takes that for granted. It's time for another one, a different one, maybe a shorter one but a more holistic one. Get that striker, work harder in training, start defending even better and score more goals. Cause we can do it, we have to do it. This is Juventus ladies and gentlemen, and noi non molliamo mai!

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
Ospite
Questa discussione è chiusa.
Accedi per seguire   

• Chi sta navigando   0 utenti

Nessun utente registrato visualizza questa pagina.

• Crea Nuovo...