Vai al contenuto
Accedi per seguire   
Socrates

Juventus Season 2012-2013

132524 messaggi

logo.png

Serie A - Week 11 - 3-11-2012 (8:45 p.m.)

juventus300pixelheader.gif - inter300pixelheader.gif

Juventus Stadium - Turin

Referee: Paolo Tagliavento

Guarin: Now let’s beat Juve

Nov 1, 2012

Inter’s Fredy Guarin has underlined that his side will travel to Juventus on Saturday with the intention of extending their winning run.

The Nerazzurri won their sixth straight top-flight game last night when they came from behind to beat Sampdoria 3-2.

Now in second place, four points behind the Old Lady, Inter are looking to end Juventus’ unbeaten record in the championship which now stands at 49 games.

“Now let's think about Juve,” the Colombian international, who scored in the cub’s latest victory, commented.

“We're slowly getting to where Coach Andrea Stramaccioni wants us to be, by working hard and winning games.

“Now we can focus on the Bianconeri and we'll fight to win that match.”

Condividi questo messaggio

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
132524 messaggi

logo.png

Juventus Stadium - Turin

Barzagli: I'm afraid of Milito

Nov 1, 2012

Juventus defender Andrea Barzagli has admitted he is wary of the threat posed by Diego Milito as the Bianconeri and Inter meet this Saturday.

Andrea Conte's men face-off against the Nerazzurri at Juventus Stadium this weekend, and the 31-year-old centre-back has conceded that the San Siro side, who currently sit in second place in Serie A, could threaten their long unbeaten run.

“I am afraid of Diego Milito,” he told Sky Sport Italia. “He is a complete striker – one of the strongest in Europe. He does not miss a thing.

“Inter are a worthy threat. Andrea Stramaccioni is a good Coach, and I think it's right that a young Coach with good ideas is getting a chance.

“I don't think the match can be considered a crucial one at this stage of the season. The Nerazzurri can definitely challenge for the title, but we are a group that believes in itself.

“We always try to keep our feet on the ground and for a lot of us it has been a tough start, what with the Champions League as well.

“Saying that, I hope that we can go on and dominate.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
132524 messaggi

logo.png

Juventus Stadium - Turin

Juan Jesus has faith in Stramaccioni

Nov 1, 2012

Inter centre-back Juan Jesus will put his faith in Coach Andrea Stramaccioni ahead of the game against Juventus this weekend.

The Nerazzurri travel to Turin to face Antonio Conte's side on Saturday, and the Brazilian defender has praised his boss calling him a 'very good Coach'.

“Juventus are a very organized team,” he told Sky Sport Italia. “They have some great players like Mirko Vucinic and Arturo Vidal, but I have every faith in Stramaccioni. He is a very good and intelligent Coach.

“It will be a tough game and I hope we play well and win. I'm not afraid of the game – I just hope I can do my job to help the team achieve victory.”

He also commented on the side's ambitions this season, having won eight of their first 10 League game.

“We can definitely aim to win the League,” he said. “We are a great team and have to aspire to win it.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
132524 messaggi

logo.png

Juventus Stadium - Turin

Cambiasso: 'Inter back where we belong'

Nov 1, 2012

Inter are going into a top of the table showdown with Juventus on Saturday and Esteban Cambiasso says they are “back where we belong.”

The Nerazzurri finished seventh last season and had to go through the preliminary rounds of the Europa League, while the start to this campaign was also stuttering, but a run of eight consecutive victories has put them in second place.

“This is an important match and different from the others, but if we hadn’t done well in our fixtures so far then this appointment would not be so crucial,” Cambiasso told Sport Mediaset.

“It is too early to talk about the Scudetto, but Inter are back where we belong – fighting for the top places.”

Not only is this a head-to-head for the Serie A leadership, it is also a fiercely bitter Derby d’Italia between clubs with a fractious history.

“Clearly the rivalry that comes with the Derby d’Italia is further motivation to do well. It’s a game you feel more than the others, but I don’t think that represents an advantage for either side.

“Who will win on Saturday? I hope Inter. That is what we want and right now there is absolutely nothing else in our minds.”

The Argentine had been pushed to the sidelines by Claudio Ranieri, but has rediscovered his form under Andrea Stramaccioni.

“I do not have a secret for why I am doing so well this season. I just want to underline that the criticism towards me and Javier Zanetti was unfair.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
132524 messaggi

logo.png

Juventus Stadium - Turin

Juve silence for Inter game

Nov 1, 2012

Juventus will not speak to the media before Saturday’s grudge match against Inter, as a Press conference was cancelled.

Assistant manager Angelo Alessio was meant to sit down with the media at the Vinovo training ground on Friday.

However, the club confirmed it had cancelled the planned Press conference and no staff members will be speaking to journalists.

No reason has been given, but it is believed Juventus do not wish to further stoke the fires of controversy around the Derby d’Italia.

Alessio also called off a Press conference on Tuesday when preparing for Wednesday’s 2-1 win over Bologna.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
132524 messaggi

imagegoalcomconcept2sub.jpg

Juventus Stadium - Turin

Cambiasso: Hats off to Juventus

The holding midfielder has underlined the importance of Saturday's encounter,

and feels it is too soon to talk about the Nerazzurri's title chances.

Nov 2, 2012

Inter midfielder Esteban Cambiasso has admitted he respects Juventus' unbeaten run ahead of this weekend's Derby d'Italia in Turin.

The Bianconeri never lost a match in Serie A throughout the 2011-12 campaign, and this form has continued into this season as well, with Juve having the opportunity to make it a 50-game streak at the weekend.

And Cambiasso is looking forward to taking on the Scudetto holders.

"Juventus have done well to keep up this unbeaten run, so you have to tip your hat to them," Cambiasso told Italia 2.

"It’ll be an important match, and definitely a different one from the others. This Inter team is now in the situation that it should be in."

The holding midfielder then went on to discuss his side's title ambitions, and insisted that it is too soon to talk about the Scudetto.

"It’s definitely too soon. Beyond what happens on Saturday there are still many matches left, and I don’t think that the 90 minutes this weekend will be decisive for the title.

"What matters for us is having moved five points above fourth place in the standings."

Inter currently sit second in Serie A, trailing leaders Juventus by four points.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
132524 messaggi

Juventus Stadium - Turin

'They're a disease carried from infancy' - the war of words

that has poisoned the Juventus-Inter rivalry

Two of Italian football's giants come head to head on Saturday,

with half a century of bitterness driving one of the game's biggest rivalries.

Nov 2, 2012

The rivalry between Juventus and Inter is so explosive today that the animosity and hatred between the two clubs compares with virtually any other duel in football.

Over the years, a number of high-profile clashes both on and off the pitch have resulted in the profile of the Derby d'Italia being raised beyond all previous expectations.

With the latest installment of the drama scheduled for Saturday night at Juventus Stadium, Goal.com brings you some of the classic quotes that have summed up, or stoked up, the bitterness that exists between the two Italian giants.

"The fans were just a few metres away from the pitch, but there was no real danger" - Inter defender Aristide Guarneri

The 1961 encounter between Juventus and Inter was abandoned when the referee claimed an overspill of supporters at a packed out Stadio Comunale was dangerous. The Italian Football Federation (FIGC) originally handed a 2-0 away victory to the Nerazzurri, as was the custom at the time, but the day before the final game of the season the decision was reversed, with the two sides asked to replay the game on June 10.

"Clamoroso al Cibali!" (Resounding at the Cibali!) - Sandro Ciotti

Sandro Ciotti was a radio commentator for Tutto il Calcio Minuto per Minuto, and after the previous day's decision, Inter went down to a 2-0 loss at Catania which gave Juve the title. Ciotti's words would go down in Italian football history.

"At first we were a bit embarrassed, and we didn't want to really punish them. But Omar Sivori was chasing the Ballon d'Or, and was determined to score as many as possible" - Giampiero Boniperti

When the Juve-Inter fixture was replayed, with the Bianconeri already champions, Inter president Angelo Moratti ordered coach Helenio Herrera to field a Primavera team by way of protest. Juve won 9-1, with Sivori scoring six times against a defence containing debutant Giacinto Facchetti. It would become known as 'La Partita Fantasma' (The phantom game), and still represents both Juve's biggest league victory and Inter's heaviest defeat. The true rivalry had begun.

"I believe Brera coined the phrase because at that time the Bianconeri and Nerazzurri were first and second in the table and were the teams with the best two records for Scudetti won" - Mauro Suma, author of I 100 Derby d'Italia

Sports journalist and originator of great football lexicon Gianni Brera is the man widely credited as having first used the term 'Derby d'Italia' to sum up the matches between Juve and Inter, The meeting of the two sides in 1967 when they were the two giants of Calcio was the moment Brera gave the rivalry a title that has stuck to this day.

"I had stopped and Ronaldo overwhelmed me like a truck. I swear I looked at the ball. And then came the huge arguments because when we attacked Ceccarini gave us a penalty" - Mark Iuliano

As the two clubs battled for Scudetto honours once more in 1998, they came head-to-head for a game at the Stadio delle Alpi which would be remembered for Mark Iuliano's unpunished challenge on Ronaldo in the penalty area. Within 20 seconds, the Bianconeri had gone up the field and earned a spot-kick. Although the penalty was missed by Alessandro Del Piero, Juve held on to win 1-0 and all but clinch the Scudetto.

"Ceccarini changed my life, because with that penalty we could have won the Scudetto and the Uefa Cup in the same year. I was effectively defrauded of the chance of winning the double, and I could still have been at a big club today" - Inter coach Luigi Simoni

The decision by Piero Ceccarini is still talked about almost daily in Milan, with Interisti and former players alike still bitter about the referee's call. Inter coach at the time Luigi Simoni believes that the face of Calcio was changed massively in those 20 seconds.

"Juventus are a disease that unfortunately some people carry from infancy" - Former Inter sporting director Peppino Prisco

Peppino Prisco was well known for his quotes regarding football and life in general, and also once described the 1998 penalty incidents as "not theft, but a treaty of stolen goods." One time shortly before his death in 2001, he stated: "I am almost 80 years old, and [with what I've seen] I do not want to believe that God would be a Bianconero."

"President Moratti has made many mistakes. He spent a huge amount to inappropriately pack his squad. And do we want to talk trades? How about Seedorf and Pirlo for Coco and Guly, or Cannavaro for Carini" - Luciano Moggi

Juventus general director Luciano Moggi memorably talked up Uruguayan reserve goalkeeper Fabian Carini ahead of a swap deal for Inter's Fabio Cannavaro. Amazingly, Massimo Moratti was lured in, and the Italy legend would play a big part in Juve's controversial Scudetto wins of 2005 and 2006, while Carini played four games for the Nerazzurri in three years. As Moggi later goaded, it was not Inter's only notable transfer market error.

"" - Giovanni Cobolli Gigli

Juve president Giovanni Cobolli Gigli reacted angrily when his club was demoted to Serie B and deducted 30 points as part of the Calciopoli verdicts of 2006. The penalty would be reduced by a total of 21 points after two appeals, but they were relegated all the same, with Inter being awarded the 2006 title and the 2005 crown also being stripped from the Bianconeri.

"The thing is simple. Either everyone is innocent, or everyone is guilty. In this case, I think everyone is innocent" - Luciano Moggi

Moggi resigned from his position at Juve to concentrate on his attempts to clear his name, and pointed the finger at Inter as conspirators in the phone-tapping which led to the original Calciopoli revelations. He also claimed that his actions were reflective of what was going on all around Calcio.

"Inter violated the article relative to sporting fraud and are directly responsible for having secured an advantage in the league standings by conditioning the regular function of the referee sector" - Stefano Palazzi

Stefano Palazzi, the Chief Prosecutor involved in the Calciopoli II episode claimed that the Nerazzurri were guilty of more serious violations than any of the clubs punished in the original trial, but since the Statute of Limitations had expired on the case, the situation remained unresolved. His assertions would have no bearing on previous sentences over the destination of the 2005 and 2006 titles, leaving Inter and Juve fighting for the high moral ground.

"If I were in Moratti's shoes, I would have avoided going around telling everyone I was clean and honest for all these years. Now those phrases are even more shocking after the recent revelations" - Luciano Moggi

Moggi used Palazzi's claims as justification for his previous attacks on Moratti which had claimed the Nerazzurri president to be among the ringleaders in the whole case.

"I am absolutely convinced that we have nothing to do with Calciopoli, so I hope and believe that justice will run its path ... Juve should go on holiday and forget Calciopoli" - Massimo Moratti

The Inter chief insisted that his club were innocent, pointing to the fact they had not been implicated in the Calciopoli trial as evidence of their clean hands.

"It's always right to listen to men of a certain age, but Juventus plan their own holidays" - John Elkann

The Juve owner hit back at Moratti with a dig of his own. John Elkann increasingly tried to refocus his club's sights on the future rather than continuing the struggle against the Calciopoli sentences.

"If we have to give back one title, then Juventus would have to give back more titles" - Ernesto Paolillo

As reflected by their CEO, Ernesto Paolillo, the Nerazzurri continue to maintain that they have done much less to sully the name of Calcio than have Juventus.

"Inter are finished. Their credit, obtained from Calciopoli, has run out. The team has turned from being a warship to a weak mob. To win again Moratti will probably need a new Calciopoli" - Moggi again!

The mouthpiece continues to back Juventus, and has found much satisfaction in Inter's recent fall from grace, having previously seen the Nerazzurri string together five years of almost unrelenting success off the back of Calciopoli.

"There's no controversy between Inter and Juventus at the moment. We steer away from controversy with Juve" - Massimo Moratti

The Inter president attempts to play down the rivalry ahead of this weekend's fixture, also passing up the opportunity to shed doubt on the events at Catania last Sunday.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
132524 messaggi

Juventus Stadium - Turin

Handanovic: Juventus clash a game like any other

The Slovenia international believes this weekend's game will not be decisive

in the title race as the Giuseppe Meazza side aim to close the gap on their rivals.

Nov 2, 2012

Inter goalkeeper Samir Handanovic has downplayed the importance of Saturday's Serie A encounter away against Juventus.

The Nerazzurri are currently trailing their arch-rivals by four points in the league table, but Handanovic has insisted that the outcome of the Derby d'Italia will not be decisive for the Scudetto race.

"It's an important match, but no more so than any other. We're going into it in a totally relaxed atmosphere," Handanovic told Sky Sport Italia.

"If we win in Turin it will mean that we have three points more than we do now. Is that all? Yes, that's all.

"What difference does Juventus Stadium make to the Bianconeri? For a keeper it's always good to be playing with the fans behind you, even if they are opposing fans, but I think that stadium gives Juve an extra five or six points a season.

"How will Inter be set out? I don't know about that, you should ask the boss. I've got enough to think about myself ..."

Saturday's encounter at the Juventus Stadium kicks off at 20:45CET.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
132524 messaggi

Juventus Stadium - Turin

Stramaccioni: We are going for the win against Juventus

The Nerazzurri coach says that his side will go on to the pitch in tomorrow’s clash

with the Italian champions knowing that three points will not be good enough.

Nov 2, 2012

Inter boss Andrea Stramaccioni is hoping that his side will be able to beat Juventus when they face the Italian champions on Saturday in Serie A.

The Bianconeri have gone 49 league games unbeaten, but the 36-year-old will not be satisfied with anything less than three points from the Turin clash, but was adamant that the result will not decide the title race.

"I won't settle for a draw. In the few games I've been coach, I've never thought about going out on the pitch to do anything but win," he told reporters at a press conference.

"I believe tomorrow's result will have more of an impact in the media than anywhere else. You might get a good result only to then spoil it later on, or get a bad result, which will not decide your season."

Stamaccioni went on to say that his side will have to play close attention to Andrea Pirlo if they are to succeed on Saturday.

"He's the playmaker both for Juventus and the national team; I think it makes sense to pay greater care to him to make it more difficult for him to set the tempo."

When asked about his starting XI for the Juventus Stadium match, which Jose Mourinho used to announce prior to kick-off during his time at San Siro, Stramaccioni stated that he had not settled on his team selection.

"I'm really undecided, here's another example of the big difference between me and Jose."

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
132524 messaggi

Serie A Team of Midweek: Milito & Montolivo among the marvels

Goal.com looks at the star performers from the latest round

of Italian league action over the past couple of days.

Nov 2, 2012

It's practically all-change in the Goal.com Team of the Week for Round 10 as seven new entrants get a look in, while one man comes into the reckoning for the first time since the opening round of the season.

In a clutch of fixtures which saw plenty of goals and a number of upsets, the cast comes from a fair spread of Serie A clubs.

Andrea Consigli's heroics consigned Napoli to only their second defeat of the season, with the Italian keeper producing a string of saves to ensure that Carlos Carmona's 19th-minute goal was enough to claim an unexpected victory for Atalanta.

Consigli's Orobici team-mate Guglielmo Stendardo gets a first call-up after also playing a key role in the Partenopei's downfall, and he is joined at the back by Torino centre-half Kamil Glik, who returned to the Granata starting XI in place of Valerio Di Cesare. The 24-year-old not only helped claim a point off Lazio with his defensive work, but also grabbed a goal. Gabriel Paletta completes a back-line of new boys in the Team of the Week following Parma's 3-2 win over Roma after coming from behind. They also had to survive the last eight minutes with 10 men.

Milan began the midweek round with a 2-2 draw at Palermo, but had seemed set for a defeat when trailing 2-0 early in the second half. However, Riccardo Montolivo netted the Rossoneri's first goal on their way to claiming a deserved point and was a driving force behind their fightback. Daniele Conti was once more the inspiration as Cagliari claimed a fourth successive win, but whereas their three previous victories had been thanks to a single goal, they took Siena apart in a 4-2 triumph. Juventus extended their lead at the top to four points thanks to Paul Pogba's injury-time header, which capped a fabulous personal performance from the young Frenchman, and Fredy Guarin grabbed what turned out to be the winner for the Bianconeri's next opponents Inter, against Sampdoria.

Cagliari's big win against Siena came thanks mainly to an electric start, which was capped off by two goals from striker Nene, while Inter's comeback was set into motion by Diego Milito, who won and converted the penalty which levelled the scores on the way to the Nerazzurri's 3-2 success. Finally, Antonio Di Natale gets into our XI for the second straight match as he followed up his double against Roma with another two goals in the 2-2 draw with Catania at the Friuli.

CONSIGLI (Atalanta)

STENDARDO (Atalanta) - GLIK (Torino) - PALETTA (Parma)

MONTOLIVO (Milan) - CONTI (Cagliari) - POGBA (JUVENTUS) - GUARIN (Inter)

NENE (Cagliari) - MILITO (Inter) - DI NATALE (Udinese)

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
132524 messaggi

logo.png

Juventus Stadium - Turin

Palacio ignores Juventus taboo

Nov 2, 2012

Rodrigo Palacio couldn’t care less whether he breaks his Juventus taboo – so long as Inter end up as winners on Saturday night.

The Argentine failed to net against the Old Lady during his time at Genoa, but his Bianconero goal drought is the last thing on his mind.

“Obviously I hope to score, but the most important thing is that Inter win the game,” he told the Corriere dello Sport.

“That may sound like a pre-prepared phrase, but it is the truth – the team comes first.”

Inter are now being considered as Juventus’ big title rivals seeing as they are second in the standings, four points behind La Signora.

“If we continue as we are doing then we can fight for the Scudetto,” he added. “But we can’t stop working hard.

“This game comes at the right time for us. We are coming off the back of eight straight wins and we want to win in Turin too.

“We’re going there for all three points. We know it won’t be easy as Juve are strong, but we’ll give it a go and we believe.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
132524 messaggi

logo.png

Juventus Stadium - Turin

Milito: We’ll cause Juve problems

Nov 2, 2012

Diego Milito is confident that Inter can get a win when they take on League leaders and Italian champions Juventus on Saturday.

Inter have yet to beat Juve in Turin since the Calciopoli storm of 2006, but they will arrive at the Juventus Stadium on the back of six straight victories in Serie A.

“I don’t think it is a psychological issue playing in Turin,” Milito told Tuttosport. “These are really difficult games and we’ve always taken on excellent Juventus sides.

“We are in good shape and we are confident that we will go to Turin to play a good game and cause them problems.”

Inter are second in the standings, four points adrift of the Old Lady.

“The game itself will tell us whether we are the anti-Juventus,” Milito added. “We are certainly on the right road, but we still have to grow. In the meantime, we are having an excellent campaign.

“It’s an important match, but not decisive. We are only in Week 11. The four-point gap is not a lot and it is not little.

“Juventus are having an extraordinary season and, if they continue like this, then it will be hard to catch them.”

Milito is still Inter’s main goal threat after his arrival at the club from Genoa in the summer of 2009.

“I’m really happy at Inter and there is still plenty of time until my contract expires in 2014. We’ll see what happens, but I’m sure that Inter will be my last European club.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
132524 messaggi

Juventus Stadium - Turin

Sneijder unlikely to feature against Juventus, admits Stramaccioni

The midfielder recently returned to the training pitch after a one-month layoff,

but next Saturday's encounter might come too soon for him to make his comeback.

Nov 2, 2012

Inter trainer Andrea Stramaccioni has revealed that Wesley Sneijder is unlikely to be fully match fit in time for the Nerazzurri's crunch clash against Juventus.

The Netherlands international has been out of action ever since picking up a thigh injury in the 2-0 win over Chievo on September 26, but recently resumed training again.

However, Stramaccioni has no intention of rushing his playmaker's comeback and feels the game in Turin will come too soon for Sneijder.

"I don’t think he’ll make it for Turin. It’s senseless to force it if we just risk losing him again," Stramaccioni said at a press conference.

Sneijder has made five Serie A appearances for Inter so far this term, scoring one goal in the process.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
132524 messaggi

Juventus Stadium - Turin

Moratti: No controversy between Inter & Juventus

The Nerazzurri chief is eagerly anticipating Saturday's game versus their arch-rivals,

and hopes his side can continue their impressive run of form.

Nov 2, 2012

Inter president Massimo Moratti has voiced his respect for Juventus and made it clear that there are no issues between the two sides at the moment.

Both clubs have had a tense relationship for years, with the Calciopoli scandal only further damaging their rapport, and Moratti has been involved in a war of words with Bianconeri chief Andrea Agnelli more than once.

However, the Nerazzurri supremo is keen to leave all the problems of the past behind, and is eagerly anticipating this weekend's Serie A match versus his side's arch-rivals.

"There's no controversy between Inter and Juventus at the moment. We steer away from controversy with Juve," Moratti told reporters.

"I hope we can go into this weekend's game with the mindset of two teams where one has already given ample demonstration of how good they are, and are current Scudetto holders, and the other are trying to emerge and show how good they can be.

"We thought we'd start well but take a bit longer to get the team clicking than we have done. I hope it will be a decent match on a sporting level."

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
132524 messaggi

Serie A Week 11 - 3/11/2012 (08:45 p.m.)

Juventus Stadium - Turin

Juventus - Inter Preview:

League leaders clash in Derby d'Italia

The Bianconeri are looking to make it 50 games undefeated in Serie A, and fend off

the challenge of Andrea Stramaccioni's side, who are on an eight-game winning run.

Nov 2, 2012

PROBABLE LINE-UPS

3_48x48.jpg JUVENTUS

Buffon

Barzagli, Bonucci, Chiellini

Lichtsteiner, Vidal, Pirlo, Marchisio, Asamoah

Vucinic, Giovinco

2_48x48.jpg INTER

Handanovic

Silvestre, Samuel, Ranocchia

Zanetti, Guarin, Gargano, Cambiasso, Nagatomo

Cassano, Milito

It was back in March when Claudio Ranieri received the bullet from Inter after losing to Juventus, and while Andrea Stramaccioni will not be under anywhere near pressure of that magnitude, there is no question that if the Nerazzurri harbour ambitions of winning the Scudetto, then they must get a result at the Juventus Stadium on Saturday.

Stramaccioni men have turned a corner after a shaky start, and the 3-2 victory over Sampdoria midweek ensured an eighth straight win in all competitions for the San Siro outfit.

The hosts, meanwhile, continue to take Serie A by storm and if they avoid defeat against a much-improved Inter side, then they will make it 50 league games unbeaten, putting more pressure on AC Milan's 20-year record of 58 without losing.

Giorgio Chiellini, Stephan Lichtsteiner, Claudio Marchisio and Kwadwo Asamoah are all expected to be back in the starting line-up with Martin Caceres, Mauricio Isla, Emanuele Giaccherini and Paolo De Ceglie dropping to the bench.

However, less certain is whether or not coach Antonio Conte will continue to play Paul Pogba, who scored the last-minute winner against the Rossoblu on Wednesday, or sacrifice him for Arturo Vidal, whose form has been indifferent of late, though did score against Catania last Sunday.

The Juve tactician seems still unsure of his favoured striking partnership and has the dilemma of deciding who to play upfront, with Sebastian Giovinco and Mirko Vucinic in contention for a start on Saturday. Nicklas Bendtner and Fabio Quagliarella, who led the line midweek, may have to be content with a place on the bench in Derby d'Italia.

Inter meanwhile, will revert to a three-man defence after playing four at the back against Sampdoria. Matias Silvestre could make his 10th appearance of the season alongside Walter Samuel and Andrea Ranocchia. Gaby Mudingayi is expected to be replaced by Esteban Cambiasso.

Alvaro Pereira, who slotted in at right-back, will be replaced by Japanese star Yuto Nagatomo as the Nerazzurri are set to go five in midfield with Rodrigo Palacio, who played in a front three on Wednesday, dropping to the bench.

DID YOU KNOW?

• Juventus have made their best ever start to a season since Serie A became a 20-team league, beating Fabio Capello's 27-point record set in 2005-06.

• The Bianconeri's 2-1 victory over Bologna means they are now 49 games undefeated and are only nine matches behind AC Milan's historic 58-game unbeaten run from 1991 to 1993.

• Antonio Conte's men last lost a match in Serie A in the penultimate round of the 2010-11 season. They lost to Parma, which coincidently was the team to end Milan's unbeaten league record back in 1993.

• Inter have not won in Turin against the Old Lady since January 2008. They last beat them 3-2 in the Coppa Italia with two goals from Mario Balotelli in 2008.

• Saturday's clash is set to be coach Andrea Stramaccioni's (pictured, right) first game against Juventus. His predecessor Claudio Ranieri was sacked after a defeat to the Bianconeri back in March.

• Stramaccioni's Inter have won eight consecutive games in all competitions this season. The record for most amount of victories in a row for the Nerazzurri is held by coach Roberto Mancini, whose side won 13 on the trot back in 2007-08.

Head to Head

Serie A ‎- Mar 25, 2012 - Juventus 2 - FC Internazionale 0

Serie A ‎- Oct 29, 2011 - FC Internazionale 1 - Juventus 2

Friendly‎ - Aug 18, 2011 - FC Internazionale 7 - Juventus 6

Serie A ‎- Feb 13, 2011 - Juventus 1 - FC Internazionale 0

Serie A ‎- Oct 3, 2010 - FC Internazionale 0 - Juventus 0

Last Five Matches

3_30x30.jpgJuventus en_won.pngen_won.pngen_drawn.pngen_won.pngen_won.png

Oct 31, 2012 - Juventus 2 - Bologna 1 - Serie A

Oct 28, 2012 - Catania 0 - Juventus 1 - Serie A

Oct 23, 2012 - FC Nordsjaelland 1 - Juventus 1 - UCL

Oct 20, 2012 - Juventus 2 - SSC Napoli 0 - Serie A

Oct 7, 2012 - Siena 1 - Juventus 2 - Serie A

2_30x30.jpg FC Internazionale en_won.pngen_won.pngen_won.pngen_won.pngen_won.png

Oct 31, 2012 - FC Internazionale 3 - Sampdoria 2 - Serie A

Oct 28, 2012 - Bologna 1 - FC Internazionale 3 - Serie A

Oct 25, 2012 - FC Internazionale 1 - Partizan 0 - EL

Oct 21, 2012 - FC Internazionale 2 - Catania 0 - Serie A

Oct 7, 2012 - AC Milan 0 - FC Internazionale 1 - Serie A

Players to Watch

14433_186x236.jpg

Sebastian Giovinco

'The Atomic Ant' could be the key to Juve's success on Saturday. He assisted the winning goal against Bologna in midweek, and has plenty of potential to give the Inter defence a torrid time. The diminutive attacker has yet to really come alive this season, and perhaps the lack of game time has hampered his form, but the Derby d'Italia could be the match to kick-start his campaign.

8294_186x236.jpg

Diego Alberto Milito

Juventus defender Andrea Barzagli has already conceded that the Argentine striker is a threat not to be taken lightly. Milito may have a point to prove, having yet to score against the Bianconeri since joining the Nerazzurri in 2009. Nevertheless, the 33-year-old has hit a rich vein of form recently, and has five goals to his name this season.

Prediction

Andrea Stramaccioni's men will be boosted by the 3-2 victory over Sampdoria after coming back from one goal behind at half-time, but the Nerazzurri have struggled against Antonio Conte's men in recent matches and a win here may be beyond them despite a 100 per cent away record so far. The hosts, however, have been doing just enough to grind out results without blowing teams away, and it will be hard to separate the two teams.

Editor's Prediction

3_30x30.jpgJuventus 1 - 1 Inter 2_30x30.jpg

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
132524 messaggi

logo.png

Juventus Stadium - Turin

MATCH PREVIEW

Nov 2, 2012

The latest instalment of the ever-fiery Derby d’Italia between Juventus and Inter doubles as a Scudetto six pointer.

Juve felt they were harshly singled out after last weekend's incidents in Catania. The pre-Bologna press conference was cancelled as the Old Lady chose to let football do the talking. They managed a last-gasp win on Wednesday, Paul Pogba netting the winner deep into injury time after Fabio Quagliarella’s opener was cancelled out to extend their unbeaten run to 49 matches.

Quagliarella’s goal was the first by a striker since the win over Roma. However, assistant Angelo Alessio believes the issue is not hugely detrimental to the team.

“Clearly we also hope the strikers will start scoring more goals, but we have different options and a midfield that does push forward regularly.”

Despite another fine display Pogba is expected to return to the bench, with Arturo Vidal and Claudio Marchisio back in action. After rotating versus the Rossoblu, it is expected that a full-strength XI will take the field.

Inter stretched their winning streak to six in Serie A and eight in all competitions midweek, but were forced to recover from a half-time deficit to overcome Sampdoria. A red card early in the second half aided the Serpenti’s cause as they ran out 3-2 winners, with Diego Milito, Rodrigo Palacio and Fredy Guarin on target. The victory helped them leapfrog Napoli to lead the chasing pack.

Inter have downplayed the events of last Sunday, rather than adding fuel to the considerable Juventus-Inter fire. Massimo Moratti and Andrea Stramaccioni did not offer any juicy soundbites, with the Coach only focused on how the Nerazzurri can reduce the gap at the top to a solitary point.

Philippe Coutinho, Joel Obi, McDonald Mariga, Wesley Sneijder, Christian Chivu and Dejan Stankovic remain on the sidelines.

Juve have enjoyed the upper hand against their bitter rivals in Turin, winning 56 times to Inter’s ten, with 15 further draws. This includes last term’s 2-0 triumph, won thanks to goals from Martin Caceres and Alessandro Del Piero.

Keep an eye on: Antonio Cassano (Inter) – The Italian international has five goals to his name in 2012-13 and is forging a dangerous partnership with Milito. Cassano enjoys playing against Juventus, as the Bianconeri are one of his favourite opponents, level with Fiorentina and Parma on seven, as the teams he has scored most against during his career.

Form guide: Juventus (W W W W W) - Inter (W W W W W)

Last season: Juventus 2-0 Inter

Stat fact: Inter have not tasted victory in Turin since 2004-05. Julio Cruz was on target in the lone-goal triumph.

PROBABLE LINE-UPS

Juventus: Buffon; Barzagli, Bonucci, Chiellini; Lichtsteiner, Vidal, Pirlo, Marchisio, Asamoah; Vucinic, Giovinco

Inter: Handanovic; Silvestre, Samuel, Ranocchia; Zanetti, Guarin, Gargano, Cambiasso, Nagatomo; Cassano, Milito

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
132524 messaggi

espnsoccemet.gif

Juventus Stadium - Turin

Juventus v Internazionale: Preview

Nov 2, 2012

The mindgames are in full swing as Inter Milan prepare to close the gap at the top of the Serie A table to a single point by ruining Juventus' plan to go 50 games unbeaten.

A slick Nerazzurri side have won their last eight games in all competitions to move within four points of Antonio Conte's Juve, who would have preferred an opponent with less momentum behind them as they approach a remarkable half-century of league games without defeat.

The first Derby d'Italia of the season takes place at Juventus Stadium - tickets for tomorrow night's game sold out within two hours of release - with players and coaches from both sides keen to publicly highlight opposing strengths and weaknesses in a bid to find a psychological edge.

In a first shot across the bows, Nerazzurri head coach Andrea Stramaccioni insisted he would not be prepared to settle for a draw in Turin.

So it came as a surprise when Juve defender Andrea Barzagli heaped undiluted praise on the Inter boss, telling giornalaccio rosa.it: "Investing in a young coach is an idea that I like.

"I really hope that more clubs make the decision to do so because we need new managers with new ideas.

"I don't know Stramaccioni very well, how he works, but he seems to understand the game and have a great desire to teach, as well as wanting to learn.

"That shows in how he has transformed the way Inter play.''

One man keeping Barzagli up at night, though, is the Nerazzurri's treble-winning striker Diego Milito.

"If I can avoid Milito then I'll be happy,'' he added.

"I consider him one of the best strikers in Europe. He's strong in every respect, he doesn't lack anything.

"And that's why, in my opinion, he's terrifying.''

Inter defender Juan Jesus has adopted a no-fear approach, saying: "I'm not scared of anything, I want to give my all and I think I can help us to win.

"I think we can compete for the Scudetto because Inter is a great team and we can win everything.''

Young midfielder Paul Pogba, who earned the Bianconeri victory over Bologna in midweek, should drop to the bench with Arturo Vidal and Claudio Marchisio returning to action.

A full-strength Juve XI can take advantage of a Beneamata squad that is missing Wesley Sneijder, Dejan Stankovic, Philippe Coutinho and Joel Obi through injury.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
132524 messaggi

Square-Logo-med_reasonably_small.jpg

Juventus Stadium - Turin

Juventus vs. Inter PREVIEW – It’s the Derby d’Italia!

Nov 2, 2012

Juventus-vs-inter-serie-a-november-3-2012.jpg

It’s that time of year again… Yes, time for the media to go into premature overdrive and tout the first meeting of the season between Juventus and Inter as a title decider with less than a third of the matches played. However, on Saturday – for the first time in a long while – this rendezvous is actually a top-of-the-table clash, and therefore meriting (some of) the hype.

For as the Bianconeri secured a last-minute win over Bologna thanks to a mercurial goal and overall display from rising star Paul Pogba, the Nerazzuri took care of business themselves vs. Sampdoria and rose to second place in the table, four points behind the Old Lady. Even if there was some controversy surrounding the serpents come from behind win, there is no denying that Andrea Stramaccioni has turned Inter into something of a results machine: Winning their last six straight games in the league (and the last eight in all competition), the young tactician has certainly steadied the wobbling ship that was Internazionale FC of last year.

Reluctant as one might to admit it, it really does seem like the Serpenti are a legitimate contender for the title this year, even if it is still early days. Saturday night we will see whether the hitherto very effective and flexible Strama-chine is able to secure a result against the true big boys of calcio in shape of a Juventus side returning to full strength after a fair bit of rotation in recent weeks – a scary prospect for any club, not even mentioning the pointed abuse the black and blue players will receive at Juventus Stadium given the heated nature of the so-called ‘Derby d’Italia’. Expect fireworks, on and off the pitch.

Juventus

As mentioned above, Antonio Conte has rotated his squad quite a bit lately. In fact, you have to go as far back as the CL match against Shaktar Donetsk a month ago to find the last Juventus team to include all of Buffon, the BBC defence, the MVP midfield, and Lichtsteiner/Asamoah on the wings. There have been various reasons for this, including slight injuries and resting key players, but for the Inter game, everyone is available – even Simone Pepe has returned from his injury recently!

The relatively good showings of most of the ‘replacements’ (yes, De Ceglie being a sad exception) might have left Conte and the staff with a bit of a conundrum as to who to start on Saturday. Especially Pogba could be considered for a midfield berth after his wonderful performance against Bologna. However, knowing the inclinations of il Mister, I’d say there’s really little doubt over the starting line-up: The aforementioned nine players plus Vucinic are all very likely to start, leaving once again only one slot open; the partner of Big game Mirko.

There are cases to be made for all of Quagliarella, Giovinco, or Bendtner to start up front, while Alessandro Matri by all accounts finds himself bottom of the striking hierarchy at the moment. As we have seen, that particular hierarchy can easily be turned on its head, though, so while one would think that Gio or Quags were favourites for starting, it’s not necessarily what Conte has in mind…

Probable Formation: (3-5-2) BUFFON; BARZAGLI, BONUCCI, CHIELLINI; LICHTSTEINER, VIDAL, PIRLO, MARCHISIO, ASAMOAH; VUCINIC, GIOVINCO

Internazionale

As painful as it is to witness, Inter are arguably Serie A’s form side right now thanks to a run of eight consecutive wins in all competitions, including their last six league games. During that run Stramaccioni has constantly rotated players, formation and even playing style according to the opposition, making reading both the Coach and his team incredibly hard to read.

However, given they have lined up with a back three at various times this term, it is likely they will do so again thanks to evidence that mirroring Juve’s own 3-5-2 formation is perhaps the best way to slow down Conte’s otherwise dominant machine. That would see one of their in-form trio of strikers sit out the match, most probably Rodrigo Palacio given the already impressive partnership formed by Diego Milito and Antonio Cassano since the latter’s cross-town move from Milan.

Three of their better performers have been in defence as Andrea Ranocchia has finally started to deliver on the immense promise he first displayed alongside our own Leo Bonucci during their time at Bari. He is now well on his way – much like his former team-mate – to becoming one of the peninsula’s best stoppers and has a good understanding with Nerazzurri stalwart Walter Samuel. Juan Jesus has also contributed well when called upon and it will require something special from one of Juve’s misfiring strikers to get the better of such a unit.

Yet it is once again midfield where an opponent fails to match up evenly with the Bianconeri, Inter’s own central players nowhere near the all round class of the group currently available to Conte. Esteban Cambiasso has been his usual combative self but others have flitted in and out of the starting XI, none able to prove they deserve a regular slot.

It is there that Juventus must press home their advantage, using the perpetual motion and limitless energy of Marchisio and Vidal to create time and space for Andrea Pirlo to weave his magic against the club who released him some eleven years ago. (What DID happen to Andrés Guglielminpietro anyway?)

Probable Formation: (3-5-2) HANDANOVIC; SILVESTRE, SAMUEL, RANOCCHIA; ZANETTI, GUARIN, GARGANO, CAMBIASSO, NAGATOMO; CASSANO, MILITO

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
132524 messaggi

46546157729310904367157.jpg

Juventus Stadium - Turin

History favours Juventus at home over Inter

Nov 2, 2012

History favours Juventus when they host second placed Inter on Saturday at the Juventus Stadium in the fiercely reputed Derby d’Italia.

In the previous 79 fixtures at home against the Nerazzurri, the Bianconeri have won 55 times,with 14 draws and 10 losses.

Inter’s last victory in Turin dates back to the 2004/2005 season, courtesy of a goal by Julio Cruz. They had also recorded a 3-1 win in the 2003/2004 season under the stewardship of Alberto Zaccheroni, thanks to a brace from Cruz and a goal from Obafemi Martins.

Before Zaccheroni’s side emerged victorious, their last away win against their rivals was in the 1992/1993 season. The heroics of Ruben Sosa and Shalimov had sealed a 2-0 victory at the Stadio Delle Alpi.

The last draw between these sides was in the 2008/09 season when Mario Balotelli and Zdenek Grygera both scored in a game which ended 1-1. Also, in 2007/2008 both sides shared the spoils, with Julio Cruz and Mauro Camoranesi scoring for their respective sides.

However, Juventus have come out victorious in their last three meetings against Inter in Turin. Last season, the game ended 2-0 thanks to goals from Alessandro Del Piero and Martin Caceres. In 2010/11, Alessandro Matri scored in a 1-0 triumph. In 2009/2010, Giorgio Chiellini and Claudio Marchisio netted in a 2-1 victory.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
132524 messaggi

46546157729310904367157.jpg

Juventus Stadium - Turin

Tagliavento to take charge for Juventus-Inter showdown

Nov 2, 2012

Tomorrow night’s Derby d’Italia between Juventus and Inter will be refereed by the somewhat controversial Paolo Tagliavento, it has been revealed today.

He was the man at the centre of the now infamous Sulley Muntari ‘ghost goal’ when AC Milan faced Juventus at San Siro last season and was also the referee involved in Jose Mourinho’s handcuffs gesture.

The contest kicks off at Juventus Stadium at 20:45 tomorrow CET with the Nerazzurri knowing that a win will not only stop the Bianconeri in their bid for 50 unbeaten league games but more importantly move them to within one point of the league leaders.

The visitors have an excellent record when Tagliavento is in charge of their games, picking up 13 wins with two draws and two defeat, with his last outing coming in their 2-0 win over Fiorentina thanks to goals from Giampaolo Pazzini and Yuto Nagatomo.

The Old Lady have found it tougher when taking to the field with him, in the same number of games they have won six times and drawn five, having the same number of defeats.

He last took charge of the champions during their 0-0 draw at the Artemio Franchi earlier this campaign.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
132524 messaggi

blackwhiteread-xl.jpg

Juventus Stadium - Turin

Juventus-Inter Preview: Round 11 —

Super Saturday With You-Know-Who

Nov 2, 2012

Oh, it's almost Derby day. Don't mind if I do.

Out of all the games Juventus won last season, the two over Inter were some of the best — and most enjoyable — of the entire year. It's not exactly going to take a brain surgeon to figure out beating Inter is fun — really, really fun.

Guess what, folks? We have another chance, in about 24 hours or so, to have some more fun at the expense of those guys.

So here we are. Get your dancing shoes ready. It's Derby Day Eve once again. Oh how sweet it is.

Inter are hot. Maybe not as hot as Derrick Zoolander, but they're starting to rack up the wins. Not to the level of Juventus just yet, but eight straight wins are eight straight wins. We may hate them, but it would be naive to say that they aren't playing well right now.

There's just one thing, though: This. Is. Juventus.

That's right. The team may not be playing to its full potential at the moment, but you don't go undefeated in 49 straight games in Serie A out of pure luck. Well, there might be some of that involved, but this ain't no fluke. This is a Juventus team that is currently in the midst of one of the best runs in European history. HISTORY.

To get No. 50 against Inter would be quite fitting. With everything these two clubs have been through together over the years — especially lately — on and off the field, extending the unbeaten run another game against the most hated rival would be even better than just another win.

Beating Bologna is one thing. Beating Inter, at home, and extending the unbeaten streak to 50 games at the same time — that would be glorious.

GOOD NEWS

It's a big match and it's not in the Champions League. So, Juventus should be good to go! (Yes, jokes are being recycled.)

In all seriousness, the one of the best pieces of news when it comes to the Derby on Saturday is the fact that just about everybody is healthy. Outside of Claudio Marchisio's recent injury problems and Arturo Vidal's suspension due to yellow card accumulation, everybody was available to play mid-week against Bolgona. Now, you could say that not all of them are on top form, and that would be correct. But Antonio Conte has choices as to who to play against Inter. And that's what you want to have, especially with the schedule being so busy these days.

But the best thing might be the fact that Juve aren't talking to the press before this. I love it. I hope it's basically a "Put up or shut up" kind of deal. That's the hope at least. We'll see how well it pays off as Inter players and coaches talk to everybody and Juventus quietly prepare at Vinovo. Out of the two, I definitely prefer my team to be the ones going all business-like rather than running their mouths in the press.

BAD NEWS

Juventus haven't been all that impressive lately. And because of that, the wins they've recorded haven't been all too commanding or convincing. That's not exactly the way you want to be playing against your most hated rival that just so happens to be playing well right now.

Man, I wish Conte was around to throw some chairs or something along those lines right about now.

WHAT TO WATCH FOR

1. The atmosphere at Juventus Stadium. Why? For the simple fact that a) it will be absolutely bonkers and make-your-ears-bleed kind of loud. The tifosi seem to only rise up that much more when the fixture calls for it. There's no reason to think that they won't show up in droves on Saturday night. This is the kind of game where they're at their best — loud, full of song, and giving the squad the extra boost they need.

2. How Juventus play with a lead — if they get one, of course. It seems like one of the things lacking from this Juventus squad in recent weeks is that true killer instinct. So many times we say we want to see a team with grinta, but we also want to see a team that absolutely stomps on their opponent when the chance is there. Juventus allowed Bologna to hang around and it came back to bite em. Now, with a clear step up in quality, putting Inter away — if given the chance — will likely be the difference between three points or just one.

3. The strikers. Nicklas Bendtner is playing well. (That was odd to type.) And there are rumblings that Fabio Quagliarella will keep his spot in the starting lineup. It would be tough to leave out Mirko Vucinic because of his reputation for big performances in big games. Let us not forget Sebastian Giovinco, too. So who do you roll with? You can discuss. My answer is just a few clicks of the mouse down the page.

4. Containing Diego and Fantantonio. Between the two of them, Milito and Cassano have scored 10 goals. That's mor than or equal to the total goal output of six teams in Serie A. Keeping the two players under control will be one of the biggest keys to winning the Derby. And if Juventus do that, which won't be easy, will put them in prime position to make it 50 straight in Serie A. Now about scoring goals on the other end of the field....

5. 3-5-2 vs. 3-5-2. It's been a discussion point before and it will be again before, during, and after the match. How Juve play against teams that roll out similar formations is well-documented at this point, so I won't go into it that much further. But if Juventus struggle in the midfield, there's probably a good reason why: 3-5-2.

6. Claudio Marchisio's impact. He's been on the sidelines the last two games, but I have a gut feeling it was to make sure he's healthy for this one. Marchisio has a knack for having his best games against Inter, scoring a couple of game-winners in the process. There are many reasons as to why Marchisio is so loved, but it's also the fact that when the spotlight is put on Juve-Inter, it's when he shows up.

90389_o_medium.gif

The gif is so pretty. AND DON'T YOU DISAGREE WITH ME.

7. Arturo Vidal's impact. Based on pure form right now, King Arturo shouldn't be starting over Paul Pogba. But seeing as when the best lineup in terms of overall skill is written down, Vidal is included in that. With Inter coming to Juventus Stadium, Vidal is likely to get the start ahead of the 19-year-old Frenchman. The rest mid-week against Bologna hopefully did him some good — not only physically, but also mentally. If Juventus want to get back to the same kind of level as last season, then having Vidal back to his best is crucial.

My starting XI (3-5-2): Buffon; Barzagli, Bonucci, Chiellini; Lichtsteiner, Vidal, Pirlo, Marchisio, Asamoah; Quagliarella, Vucinic

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
132524 messaggi

CHAMPIONSLEAGUE.CA

Juventus Stadium - Turin

Juventus vs. Inter preview

Nov 2, 2012

o01l2.jpg

Saturday marks the first Derby d’Italia of the 2012/2013 Serie A between Juventus and Inter Milan. The main storyline of the game is the fact that the arch rivals are first and second respectively, but there is much more behind this encounter than usual.

This is a battle of the best at home and away. Juve come in with five wins from five at the Juventus Stadium, the host venue, and Inter have also won all five of their matches on the road. Inter have conceded just once in an away tilt, a 3-1 victory at Bologna on October 28th. Along with that, they’ve scored eleven times. This despite media and fans saying that the Nerazzurri are suspect at the back and have much more to offer up front. While that is true, Inter look like a different team when they travel. Juventus are of course no pushovers at home. The Scudetto holders have kept their ground like the fortress it was last season, picking up wins against the likes of Napoli and Roma. Something has got to give, someone will suffer their first blemish. Also, Juventus have now gone 49 games unbeaten, dating back to May 2011. A win or draw would extend that streak to the half century mark, something that Inter will be trying desperately to avoid.

As for the match-up itself, it’s an intriguing one in terms of the potential starting XI’s. Juventus have a full squad available to them, meaning Kwadwo Asamoah, Stephan Lichtsteiner, and Giorgio Chiellini will slot back into the usual 3-5-2 system. Claudio Marchisio and Arturo Vidal also return to the midfield after getting a rest. Sebastian Giovinco and Mirko Vucinic should be the main partnership up front again, but there are rumblings in the major Italian newspapers that Fabio Quagliarella could be given yet another start, but factoring in that he played midweek, it’s unlikely. Antonio Conte will want his most in-sync players, who are Vucinic and Giovinco at this point in time. Can they show up when it matters most? For Juventus fans, they better because the strikeforce hasn’t been contributing to a lot of the goal scoring this season. It’s mainly come from midfield, so hopefully the striking duo can bag a couple.

Inter Milan are coming off a come from behind 3-2 win against ten man Sampdoria on Wednesday. Manager Andrea Stramaccioni started with a 4-2-3-1 as he didn’t have Juan Jesus available to him, meaning he couldn’t deploy his regular back three. With him back, Inter should rotate to a 3-5-2 with Jesus, Walter Samuel, and Andrea Ranocchia in defense. Javier Zanetti and Yuto Nagatomo could occupy the flanks with Fredy Guarin, Walter Gargano, and Esteban Cambiasso in the center. The tactical selection all depends on Rodrigo Palacio’s fitness. If he’s rested enough to start, Inter will play with one of their main attacking options in the hole with two up front. Antonio Cassano will be the dangerman for Juventus as he’s Serie A’s most clinical striker thus far with five goals from eight shots (62.5% rate) along with his seven career tallies against the Bianconeri. Diego Milito and Palacio cannot be overlooked though. Juve’s defense will be on their toes whenever those three move up the pitch.

The key to this game is the midfield battle. Stramaccioni has proved to be smart, prepared and also ambitious, so he’ll know that a most likely tired Andrea Pirlo will need to be man marked effectively. Whenever he’s been covered, he’s been stamped out of the games (vs. Napoli being the most recent example), so look for Rodrigo Palacio or another attacker who plays deeper to have that duty. The less space you give any of Juventus’ midfielders, the more likely they are to drop points. That’s important given that the Old Lady has a four point lead going into Saturday night.

Kick off is at 20:45 GMT, do not miss this, it should prove to be one of the tastier affairs being contested this weekend.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
132524 messaggi

logo_new.gif

Juventus Stadium - Turin

Live Derby D'Italia: Juventus vs. Inter Milan

Nov 3, 2012

eikip.jpg

Italy's most infamous derby, the Derby d'Italia, is upon us once again, and this time around there is more than just pride at stake.

In what is a top-of-the-table clash, Inter Milan could potentially close the points gap at the top of the Serie A to just one with a victory over Juventus. However, to do so they will have to break the Bianconeri's 49 game unbeaten league streak—not to mention their undefeated home ground streak.

Stay tuned to this blog for all the live build-up, analysis, predicted lineups and live match commentary. Post any questions below and I'll do my best to answer them.

Inter Milan Team News:

Inter Milan have announced a 21 man squad to travel to Turin but will have to do without Wesley Sneijder who only returned to training midweek. Andrea Stramaccioni has made no secret of his desire to attack Juventus and will most likely play with a three man defensive line.

Goalkeepers: 1 Samir Handanovic, 12 Luca Castellazzi, 27 Vid Belec.

Defenders: 4 Javier Zanetti, 6 Matias Silvestre, 23 Andrea Ranocchia, 25 Walter Samuel, 31 Alvaro Pereira, 33 Ibrahima Mbaye, 40 Juan Jesus, 55 Yuto Nagatomo.

Midfielders: 11 Ricardo Alvarez, 14 Fredy Guarin, 16 Gaby Mudingayi, 19 Esteban Cambiasso, 21 Walter Gargano, 41 Alfred Duncan.

Forwards: 8 Rodrigo Palacio, 22 Diego Milito, 88 Marko Livaja, 99 Antonio Cassano.

Juventus Team News:

The Bianconeri have announced a 24 man squad with Arturo Vidal and Claudio Marchisio returning to the Juventus squad. Simone Pepe has been dropped after sustaining a calf injury.

1 Buffon, 2 Lucio, 3 Chiellini, 4 Caceres, 6 Pogba, 8 Marchisio, 9 Vucinic, 11 De Ceglie, 12 Giovinco, 15 Barzagli, 17 Bendtner, 19 Bonucci, 20 Padoin, 21 Pirlo, 22 Asamoah, 23 Vidal, 24 Giaccherini, 26 Lichtsteiner, 27 Quagliarella, 30 Storari, 32 Matri, 33 Isla, 34 Rubinho, 39 Marrone.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
132524 messaggi

logo.png

Juventus Stadium - Turin

Zoff analyses Juve-Inter

Nov 3, 2012

Dino Zoff has given his analysis of tonight’s Derby d’Italia, warning Juventus “must be wary of Inter’s counter-attacks.”

The former Bianconeri and Italy goalkeeping legend is looking forward to the 19.45 GMT kick-off in Turin. Click here for a match preview.

“This is going to be an extremely interesting match,” Zoff told TMW. “Juventus are by now a certainty, while Inter are really growing and a collision of the two could provide a very intense game.

“Antonio Conte’s side are solid and unbeaten, so they have been performing at the highest level for over a year.

“Inter changed a great deal over the summer and only lately seem to have found their feet. They are conceding a lot less than at the start of the season and have three strikers who can make the difference at any moment.

“Juventus must be wary of Inter’s counter-attacks, as the Nerazzurri know how to soak up pressure and then strike at the right moment.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
132524 messaggi

logo.png

Juventus Stadium - Turin

Juve-Inter legends give verdicts

Nov 3, 2012

Legends Roberto Boninsegna and Sandro Mazzola give their predictions on the Juventus-Inter showdown.

“Inter are the real surprise of the season,” Boninsegna told La giornalaccio rosa dello Sport, having played for both clubs in his career.

“They really need to improve at the back to be on a par with Juve, who have the strongest defence. However, from the midfield up I’d say I prefer the Nerazzurri. Plus Diego Milito is someone who can change a game.

“Who will win? I hope Inter. It won’t be decisive no matter who wins, but the Scudetto will be between these two clubs.”

Ex-Inter hero Mazzola also gave his view of the Derby d’Italia that kicks off at 20.45 this evening.

“Andrea Stramaccioni has done great work and Inter can fight for this. I don’t think the result will be decisive for the Scudetto, but the Nerazzurri must be careful not to feel the pressure of playing in Turin.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
Ospite
Questa discussione è chiusa.
Accedi per seguire   

• Chi sta navigando   0 utenti

Nessun utente registrato visualizza questa pagina.

• Crea Nuovo...