132435 messaggi

logo.png

Serie A Week 23 - 7-3-2012 (6:30 p.m.)

bologna300pixelheader.gif - juventus300pixelheader.gif

Renato Dall'Ara Stadium - Bologna

Referee: Luca Banti

Juventus lose Barzagli and Chiellini

Mar 5, 2012

Juventus will be without Andrea Barzagli and Giorgio Chiellini for Wednesday’s Serie A game at Bologna.

Both centre-backs picked up injuries in Saturday’s 1-1 draw against Chievo which will leave boss Antonio Conte short of options.

Barzagli, who had played in every minute of the campaign, was taken off before half-time with a calf complaint.

Chiellini, meanwhile, finished the game with a calf problem but only because the Old Lady had already used all of their substitutes.

The duo will undergo tests on Monday, but La Stampa is suggesting that Barzagli will be out for around a week, while Chiellini could be sidelined for three.

Conte will now use Leonardo Bonucci and January arrival Martin Caceres in the middle at the Stadio Dall’Ara.

Condividi questo messaggio

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
132435 messaggi

logo.png

Buffon looks to Juve anger

Mar 5, 2012

Gigi Buffon is confident that his Juventus side will silence their critics when they take on Bologna in midweek.

The Old Lady are now three points off leaders Milan after failing to beat Chievo Verona at home on Saturday night.

“We’ll transform the disappointment into anger, which we’ll show on the field in the next game,” he told Juventus Channel ahead of Wednesday’s Dall’Ara clash.

“Bologna now await us, who historically have always worked hard and are coming off the back of a series of important results.

“We’ll face them with respect, but also with the desire to continue to dream.

“For us, giving our maximum must be a dogma. That’s why we’ve managed to reach an important position in the table.”

Juve, despite being unbeaten, have been criticised for the amount of times they have drawn this season.

At home, they’ve been held by Bologna, Genoa, Cagliari, Siena and now Chievo – dropping 10 points in the process.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
132435 messaggi

logo.png

20 days for Barzagli, 10 for Chiellini

Mar 5, 2012

Juventus have confirmed the anticipated recovery times for Andrea Barzagli and Giorgio Chiellini after tests were carried out on respective injuries.

Barzagli was removed before half time of Juve’s 1-1 draw with Chievo at the weekend complaining of a calf problem, whilst Chiellini was forced to finish the same game with a similar complaint only because the Bianconeri had used all their substitutions.

Tests have since been carried out on the duo and the club has now confirmed the varying severity of each player’s injury.

Barzagli’s calf strain is likely to see him miss up to three weeks of action - including the Coppa Italia semi-final second leg with Milan - whilst Chiellini’s lesser inflammation rules him out for a minimum of 10 days and Juve’s next two fixtures.

For the midweek clash with Bologna, Antonio Conte is likely to use Leonardo Bonucci and Martin Caceres as the centre-back pairing.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
132435 messaggi

imagegoalcomconcept2sub.jpg

Barzagli out for 20 days while Chiellini

will miss Bologna & Genoa games

The two centre-halves for Antonio Conte's side are suffering with injuries and will

be out of action for at least the next two games, leaving the coach with defensive woes.

Mar 5, 2012

Juventus have been dealt a double injury blow with the news that defenders Andrea Barzagli and Giorgio Chiellini both picked up calf injuries in the 1-1 draw against Chievo on Saturday.

Both players have been assessed by the club's medical staff with Barzagli being ruled out for 20 days and Chiellini set to be absent for 10.

The defensive pair are now expected to miss the Old Lady's upcoming Serie A fixtures against Bologna and Genoa, while Barzagli will also be out for his side's next fixture versus Fiorentina on March 17.

Juventus now face a defensive crisis with the two first-choice centre-backs ruled out, with Leonardo Bonucci and Martin Caceres set to form an untested pairing at the heart of the side's backline.

Antonio Conte's men currently sit second in Serie A, three points behind AC Milan with a game in hand over the reigning Italian champions.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
132435 messaggi

logo.png

Bonucci targets Bologna success

Mar 6, 2012

Leonardo Bonucci has urged his Juventus teammates to forget about the disappointment of drawing with Chievo. “Let’s beat Bologna.”

The Old Lady allowed Milan to move three points clear at the top of the table at the weekend after failing to hold on to a 1-0 lead over the Flying Donkeys.

“We drew a game that we could have and should have won,” the former Inter and Bari player told his official website.

“It’s now useless to start crying about it. We can make amends on Wednesday [at Bologna] and that will be the most important thing.”

Juventus have been criticised of late for their inability to defeat smaller clubs after draws with Siena and Parma too.

“At the start of the season we would have all signed up for where we are presently in the League table,” continued the Italian international.

“We are second and with a victory we would be joint top with Milan. Therefore, we’re going to Bologna to win!”

Bonucci will start tomorrow’s game at the Stadio Dall’Ara given that Andrea Barzagli and Giorgio Chiellini are presently injured.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
132435 messaggi

logo.png

Conte: No reason to feel down

Mar 6, 2012

Antonio Conte does not see any reason why he and his Juventus players should feel down for dropping points against Chievo at the weekend.

Drawing 1-1 with the Mussi Volanti on Saturday, the Bianconeri were left three points behind Milan in the battle for top spot, albeit with a game in hand and the superior head-to-head record over the Rossoneri.

Ahead of playing that game in hand with Bologna on Wednesday, Conte has dismissed the suggestion that his or his players’ mood has dipped after the weekend frustration.

“My question is this - why should I get depressed for an extraordinary League campaign that we are producing?” Conte asked on Tuesday to the assembled media.

“Contrary, we think only of doing our best, we think how we can give everything, myself first.

“Until now, this effort had led us to become competitive again, to be respected on the field again, to be feared again, to find opponents that give 150 per cent to try to beat us, to find teams that still try to beat us.

“This is all because of our maximum effort, so I see no reason for depression. We must be very proud, very strong and very satisfied with what we are doing.”

Ahead of the rearranged midweek League fixture with Bologna, Conte was asked what he had told his players in training after their draw against Chievo.

“To the guys I said what I have always said from the start of the championship - I told them to continue to do their best, which is what we are doing, as we did against Chievo, as we did against Cagliari, Genoa and Siena and all the games in which we drew.

“We have not given up, we are continuing to give our best.

“I always say to my players ‘thank you’ when they leave the field with a sweaty shirt. This is the most important thing.

“I’d be upset if we had won and I saw someone without a sweaty shirt. This, however, never happens, as I tell my players: ‘give your best, we will all give our best and then we’ll see where this leads us to at the end of the season.

“The important thing is that we should not have regrets about anything, on any situation. This is possible if you always give your best.”

For the match against Stefano Pioli’s Rossoblu, Conte is facing one of his first injury-inflicted selection headaches, with both Giorgio Chiellini and Andrea Barzagli ruled out with calf strains of varying severity.

“It was inevitable that we would find ourselves in a moment of emergency, unfortunately it has hit our defence as we lose two elements of absolute value in Chiellini and Barzagli.

“We are trying to take it as an opportunity, though, not to get depressed, for the substitutes and for the whole team to overcome a time of crisis that might otherwise weigh us down.

“We must seize the chance to be able to grow, to become more compact.”

The Coach also faced questions on who he is likely to pick in attack and indeed whether his biggest dilemma is not filling Chiellini and Barzagli’s boots, but finding a combination at the other end to score goals.

“As for the attack, what remains in consideration is that someone scores. The choices I make - I repeat - are always by virtue of the moment, under the rule of the formation, by virtue of the opponent that we face, because of what I see in the field. Each time, I try to choose those who in my opinion are most suitable.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
132435 messaggi

logo.png

Pioli: Bologna can match Juve

Mar 6, 2012

Stefano Pioli has warned of the strength Wednesday’s visitors Juventus have, but urges his Bologna players to match the Bianconeri.

Juve can regain first place in the table with a win over Pioli’s Felsinei at the Renato Dall’Ara this midweek. However, on a run of just one defeat from the nine outings in the calendar year of 2012, Bologna’s Coach is confident that his side have the potential to make it an interesting game for the Turin giants.

“Bologna faces a Juventus that is very strong, undefeated and will do anything to regain top spot in the League,” Pioli told the Press on Tuesday.

“We’re good and tomorrow’s game is great because it comes at the right time - we have positive motivation.

“Juve will dominate the match but we will play our cards, ball for ball. We will need to call on all our quality.”

Antonio Conte is without Andrea Barzagli and Giorgio Chiellini for the encounter, but Pioli is not convinced that it will affect the visitors too much.

“They will play Caceres and Bonucci, who are two internationals. Conte can work with his eyes closed and still make no mistake - I don’t see other teams like that.

“The results speak for him and they say he is doing a wonderful job.”

n

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
132435 messaggi

Conte feels Juventus have no reason to be depressed

The Bianconeri coach has stressed that there is no reason to be down as the team

have been doing well, and is eagerly anticipating Wednesday's game versus Bologna .

Mar 6, 2012

Juventus coach Antonio Conte has voiced his opinion that the Old Lady have no reason to be disappointed with their recent results as their season has so far been a success.

The Old Lady have dropped to second spot in the Serie A table after drawing four out of their last five league games, but Conte is proud with Juve's achievements this term.

"I can’t see why anyone should be down, given the extraordinary championship season we’re having," Conte said on a press conference.

"Up until now we’ve given our all and this has got us back to being competitive, feared and up against opponents who give 150% to try and beat us.

"So I see no reason to be depressed, on the contrary, there should be pride for what we’re doing."

Juventus will be looking to return to winning ways in Wednesday's Serie A match away against Bologna.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
132435 messaggi

Bologna and Juventus to play out a low-scoring match

The Old Lady will be looking for a win to close the gap on leaders AC Milan, but there have

been few goals in their away games, and Phil Kitromilides sees the trend continue.

Mar 7, 2012

With only one defeat in their last nine matches, Bologna will prove stubborn opponents for Juventus this evening. Despite them lying in 14th position, the congested nature of the Serie A table means they are as close to a European position as they are to the relegation zone.

Juve of course remain unbeaten, but four draws from their last seven matches has seen them fall three points behind leaders AC Milan. With the Rossoneri not playing until the weekend in Serie A because of Champions League commitments, tonight is the perfect opportunity for Juve to close the gap.

Given the relative standings of the two sides, the 8/11 (1.72) offered by Bet365 for an away win could possibly be worth some consideration.

Bologna meantime are offered at 4/1 (5.00) to win the game, and it is worth remembering that this is a side which went to San Siro a few weeks ago and beat Inter 3-0, albeit Claudio Ranieri's side have been a shadow of the team of recent years.

If you think they might repeat that kind of victory then the 7/1 (8.00) for them to win without conceding could be worth considering.

Backing both teams to score has in recent weeks proved to be a profitable venture with Juventus, and in five of their last seven matches this bet has paid out.

Bologna meantime have scored in each of their last five games and in veteran striker Marco Di Vaio and big target man Roberto Acquafresca they posses a forward line capable of troubling any defence. The price of 10/11 (1.90) is worth bearing in mind.

Having said that, the statistics suggest that lots of goals will not be on the agenda, with Juve's away games this season being on the whole extremely tight.

Their last six Serie A games on the road have all seen under 2.5 goals scored, and only two of their 12 away matches this season have seen three or more goals scores.

Given those statistics the price of 3/4 (1.75) is big enough to be the best bet of the day and offers some substantial returns.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
132435 messaggi

logo.png

Di Vaio targets Juve upset

Mar 7, 2012

Bologna captain Marco Di Vaio won’t be happy with a draw against Juventus this evening. “We want the three points.”

The two teams clash at the Stadio Dall’Ara at 18.30 local time after their original Week 23 tie was postponed because of the snow.

“We’ll look to win tonight,” the striker told the giornalaccio rosa dello Sport. “We want to be the first team this season to beat the Bianconeri.”

Di Vaio, 35, knows the Old Lady well after spending two years with the Italian giants before his 2004 switch to Valencia.

“I learnt a new dimension to my game while I was in Turin,” the Lazio-youth product commented.

“There are only a few players from my time who remain now, but they are good – Gigi Bufon, Alex Del Piero and official Pavel Nedved.”

The former Italian international has scored eight goals in 25 Serie A games for his club so far this season.

Juventus would go joint top with Milan tonight if they win.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
132435 messaggi

logo.png

Brio worried about Juve defence

Mar 7, 2012

Sergio Brio will not be surprised if former club Juventus do have their difficulties against Bologna this evening.

The Old Lady will travel to the Dall’Ara without injured first choice centre-backs Andrea Barzagli and Giorgio Chiellini.

“They will certainly be missed,” the Italian told TMW. “The absences of Barzagli and Chiellini will be very important.

“Barzagli is having a fantastic campaign and he’s given some solidity to the defence. Meanwhile, Chiellini has improved after not such a brilliant season.”

Juve, who will field a pairing of Leonardo Bonucci and Martin Caceres this evening, need a win to join Milan at the top of the table.

“This game will be an important one for the Scudetto,” Brio added. “Juventus want to send an important signal to Milan and demonstrate, yet again, that they haven’t given up.”

Barzagli and Chiellini both picked up calf strains against Chievo. The first will be out for about three weeks, while the latter could be fit for the game against Fiorentina in 10 days.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
132435 messaggi

logo.png

Iuliano backs ‘joker’ Caceres

Mar 7, 2012

Mark Iuliano has backed Martin Caceres to take his opportunity at centre-back tonight in the absence of Giorgio Chiellini and Andrea Barzagli.

Caceres, who returned to the club on an initial loan deal from Sevilla in the summer, is expected to line up alongside Leonardo Bonucci in central defence tonight against Bologna, because of the absence of first-choice pair Chiellini and Barzagli through injury.

Whilst Caceres’ preferred position remains at full-back, former Juventus utility man Iuliano sees this as an opportunity all the same for the Uruguayan to prove his worth.

“Caceres arrived in January and has done well up to now,” enthused Iuliano to TuttoJuve.com.

“Without the European games it has been difficult to work a space in the team. Usually we use more players.

“Right-back is a closed position to him given the wonderful year [stephan] Lichtsteiner is having, but Martin is very good and has lots of quality.

“I think leadership played their joker signing Caceres, because he can play multiple roles. There are no issues with him at the moment, but this is an important chance for him and I imagine he’ll take full advantage of it.”

The ex-centre-back Iuliano, now 38, was a member of a Bianconero team that won four Scudetti, so he sees the significance in his former side being able to move back to the top of the table on Wednesday with a win in Emilia-Romagna.

“It comes at a decisive moment. The team must not drop points now, since we have entered the decisive period of the season. Winning tonight pulls the team level with Milan.

“We will see the response tomorrow in the field. For sure without a pair of defenders of this calibre it will not be easy.

“But when you are a Juventus player, even if you play less, you must be found to be ready. So I think the players and the team as a whole are prepared for such an emergency.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
132435 messaggi

Serie A Preview: Old Lady desperate not to lose

further ground in race for the Scudetto

The Bianconeri were heavily criticised for their below-par showing against Chievo

at the weekend, but have been presented with the chance to redeem themselves on Wednesday.

Mar 7, 2012

PROBABLE LINE-UPS

BOLOGNA

6_48x48.jpg

Gillet

Raggi, Portanova, Cherubin

Pulzetti, Perez, Mudingayi, Morleo

Ramirez, Diamanti

Di Vaio

JUVENTUS

3_48x48.jpg

Buffon

Lichtsteiner, Caceres, Bonucci, De Ceglie

Vidal, Pirlo, Marchisio

Pepe, Matri, Vucinic

Juventus have been rocked by the news that first choice centre-back partnership Giorgio Chiellini and Andrea Barzagli will be out of action for 20 days and 10 days respectively, but coach Antonio Conte looks to have ready-made replacements in the form of January arrival Martin Caceres and Leonardo Bonucci.

However, the latter felt the wrath of frustrated Old Lady fans during the 1-1 draw with Chievo on Saturday after another unconvincing performance, but he can win back the hearts of his supporters with a return to form against Bologna.

Other changes in the XI should see Arturo Vidal resume his midfield duties after sitting out the clash against the Flying Donkeys as punishment for his red card against AC Milan a week earlier, while Simone Pepe should start ahead of Emanuele Giaccherini on the right wing.

Meanwhile for Bologna, Simone Loria, Mikael Antonsson and Robert Acquafresca all face late fitness tests ahead of the clash, as coach Stefano Pioli prepares to make one change from the side that beat Novara 1-0 in a crucial relegation six-pointer on Sunday - Archimede Morleo should replace Matteo Rubin in midfield.

DID YOU KNOW?

•Bologna have won just one of their last 20 Serie A meetings with Juventus. However, they have won three of their last four league encounters, and have lost only once in nine matches.

•The Rossoblu have failed to beat Juventus in their last nine attempts.

•Stefano Pioli's men have kept clean sheets in four of their last Serie A fixtures at home.

•Juventus have recorded the most wins at the Dall'Ara in the top-flight, with 26 victories.

•Despite their status as the only side still unbeaten amongst the 'top-five' European leagues, the Old Lady have drawn four of their last five in Serie A.

•Furthermore, the Bianconeri have drawn five of their last seven away days in the league.

•Juventus have conceded just 16 top-flight goals this season, fewer than any other side.

Head to Head

Coppa Italia - Dec 8, 2011 - Juventus 2 - Bologna 1

Serie A ‎- Sep 21, 2011 - Juventus 1 - Bologna 1

Serie A ‎- Feb 26, 2011 - Juventus 0 - Bologna 2

Serie A ‎- Oct 24, 2010 - Bologna 0 - Juventus 0

Serie A ‎- Feb 21, 2010 - Bologna 1 - Juventus 2

Last Five Matches

6_30x30.jpgBologna en_won.pngen_lost.pngen_won.pngen_won.pngen_drawn.png

Mar 4, 2012 - Bologna 1 - Novara 0 - Serie A

Feb 26, 2012 - Bologna 1 - Udinese 3 - Serie A

Feb 21, 2012 - Bologna 2 - Fiorentina 0 - Serie A

Feb 17, 2012 - FC Internazionale 0 - Bologna 3 - Serie A

Feb 5, 2012 - Lecce 0 - Bologna 0 - Serie A

3_30x30.jpgJuventus en_drawn.pngen_drawn.pngen_won.pngen_drawn.pngen_won.png

Mar 3, 2012 - Juventus 1 - Chievo 1 - Serie A

Feb 25, 2012 - AC Milan 1 - Juventus 1 - Serie A

Feb 18, 2012 - Juventus 3 - Catania 1 - Serie A

Feb 15, 2012 - Parma 0 - Juventus 0 - Serie A

Feb 8, 2012 - AC Milan 1 - Juventus 2 - Coppa Italia

Players to Watch

111_186x236.jpg

Marco Di Vaio

The veteran striker has been in great form for the hosts this season, with the former Juventus striker bagging six league goals to ensure that he is again the Rossoblu's top scorer, and, after netting in the recent draw with Roma, he will be raring to go for the visit of his former employers.

13015_186x236.jpg

Alessandro Matri

The former Cagliari striker has been the Bianconeri's main attacking threat this season and is currently the club's leading goalscorer, with nine Serie A strikes so far this term. After netting two in his last two appearances, he will be hoping that his impressive strike rate continues on Sunday evening.

Prediction

Juventus are still unbeaten this season and that, coupled with the superior quality at Antonio Conte's disposal, suggests that a victory for the visitors seems the likeliest option.

Editor's Prediction

6_30x30.jpg Bologna 0 - 2 Juventus 3_30x30.jpg

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
132435 messaggi

espnsoccemet.gif

Bologna v Juventus: Preview

Mar 7, 2012

Juventus coach Antonio Conte has demanded maximum concentration from his players ahead of tomorrow's rescheduled game at Bologna.

The Turin giants travel to the Renato Dall'Ara stadium looking to put last Saturday's 1-1 draw against Chievo behind them.

The result - Juve's fourth draw in five games - left them three points behind Serie A leaders AC Milan. However, victory tomorrow would see Conte's side return to the Serie A summit.

The game at Bologna was postponed last month due to adverse weather in Italy.

"For us, each game from now on must be of extraordinary importance,'' Conte said. "We have to give our best as we have done so far, even in all the games that we have drawn.

"We have to keep our concentration always high and we will see where this leaves us at the end of the season.''

Conte knows his side will be tested by Bologna but expects his team to keep up their unbeaten run this season.

"We are having an extraordinary campaign,'' Conte said. "We have given everything so far and it has allowed us to return to be competitive.

"But we face each week rivals that give 150 per cent in order to beat us.''

Bologna bounced back from their 3-1 defeat to Udinese with a 1-0 victory over Novara on Sunday.

The result was the Rossoblu's third win in four league games and lifted Stefano Pioli's side to 14th place.

"We have taken a step forward in our battle to avoid the drop,'' Pioli said. "But we still have ways to go to defend our Serie A status and we have to keep working hard.

"It's a pity that we had one day less to prepare for Wednesday's game than with respect to Juventus.

"A day can make a lot of difference but we will nevertheless try to do our best and get a positive result.''

The hosts will be without striker Robert Acquafresca, who is out with a hand injury. Juve are missing defenders Andrea Barzagli and Giorgio Chiellini, both injured.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
132435 messaggi

Caceres starts for Juventus against Bologna

The Bianconeri have lost both Giorgio Chiellini and Andrea Barzagli to injury this week,

so the Uruguay international will line up alongside Leonardo Bonucci in defence.

Mar 7, 2012

Martin Caceres will make his first Serie A start since rejoining Juventus in January in Wednesday's crucial clash with Bologna at the Renato Dall'Ara.

With the Bianconeri having lost both Giorgio Chiellini and Andrea Barzagli to injury, the Uruguay international will start alongside the recalled Leonardo Bonucci in the heart of the defence.

Elsewhere, Arturo Vidal returns alongside Claudio Marchisio and Andrea Pirlo in Juve's three-man midfield after sitting out last weekend's 1-1 draw with Chievo through suspension.

Up front, meanwhile, Simone Pepe replaces Emanuele Giaccherini on the right wing, while Marco Borriello has been preferred to Alessandro Matri in the centre.

As for Bologna, coach Stefano Pioli has made just one change to the side which defeated Novara at the weekend, with Mikael Antonsson taking over from Nicolo Cherubin in defence.

Bologna (3-4-2-1): Gillet, Raggi, Portanova, Antonsson; Pulzetti, Perez, Mudingayi, Rubin; Ramirez, Diamanti; Di Vaio.

Subs: Agliardi, Sorensen, Cherubin, Garics, Taider, Kone, Belfodil.

Juventus (4-3-3): Buffon; Lichtsteiner, Caceres, Bonucci, De Ceglie; Vidal, Pirlo, Marchisio; Pepe, Borriello, Vucinic.

Subs: Storari, Guano, Giaccherini, Elia, Del Piero, Quagliarella, Matri.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
132435 messaggi

logo.png

Line-ups: Bologna-Juventus

Mar 7, 2012

Juventus have Marco Borriello, Mirko Vucinic and Simone Pepe for today’s rescheduled Serie A trip to Bologna.

The match at the Stadio Dall’Ara was snowed off on February 12 and is the final game in hand that Juve have in the table. It kicks off at 17.30 UK time.

Giorgio Chiellini and Andrea Barzagli are both injured, so the defence is reshuffled with Martin Caceres stepping into centre-back.

Borriello gets a rare start, joining Pepe and under-fire striker Vucinic.

Bologna are without Robert Acquafresca and Archimede Morleo, while Simone Loria is also not 100 per cent fit.

Marco Di Vaio is supported by the duo of Alessandro Diamanti and Gaston Ramirez.

Bologna: Gillet; Raggi, Portanova, Antonsson, Garics; Mudingayi, Perez, Rubin; Diamanti, Ramirez; Di Vaio

Bologna bench: Agliardi, Sorensen, Cherubin, Pulzetti, Taider, Kone, Belfodil

Juventus: Buffon; Lichtsteiner, Caceres, Bonucci, De Ceglie; Vidal, Pirlo, Marchisio; Pepe, Vucinic, Borriello

Juventus bench: Storari, Padoin, Giaccherini, Elia, Quagliarella, Del Piero, Matri

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
132435 messaggi

logo.png

HT: Juve trail in Bologna

2872d4d8ac5617269e4ae82.jpg

Mar 7, 2012

Bologna are good value for their half-time lead over Juventus, as Marco Di Vaio threatens their unbeaten status.

This match was snowed off on February 12, but also has a special meaning for the season, as going into the game Juve were three points adrift of leaders Milan thanks to the game in hand. Giorgio Chiellini and Andrea Barzagli were both sidelined, so Martin Caceres and Leonardo Bonucci joined a revamped defence. Marco Borriello was given a rare start with under-fire Mirko Vucinic.

Bologna missed Robert Acquafresca, Archimede Morleo and Simone Loria. Former Juve star Marco Di Vaio was supported by the duo of Alessandro Diamanti and Gaston Ramirez.

Borriello’s early low shot was straight at Jean-Francois Gillet and a Diamanti cross-shot was not too far off. Gillet had a scare with the Andrea Pirlo free kick deflected just wide of the far post as he scrambled helplessly across.

However, it was Bologna who broke the deadlock with ex-Juve man Di Vaio, who hadn’t scored past Gigi Buffon in almost five years.

It was a classic counter, as Gaston Ramirez threaded through for Di Vaio to spring the offside trap and smartly place an angled drive past the on-rushing Buffon with the inside of his right foot.

Ramirez was off on another very dangerous counter-attack before he was rugby-tackled by Leonardo Bonucci for an inevitable yellow card in midfield.

Mirko Vucinic failed to get on the end of a long Caceres pass, as Juventus struggled to get back into the game. In fact, Pirlo was booked for hacking down Perez in the centre-circle.

Borriello and Vucinic combined well with one-touch passing, but Arturo Vidal smashed the finish well over the bar.

Bologna 1-0 Juventus (Half-Time)

Scorers: Di Vaio 17 (B)

Bologna:Gillet; Raggi, Portanova, Antonsson, Garics; Mudingayi, Perez, Rubin; Diamanti, Ramirez; Di Vaio

Juventus:Buffon; Lichtsteiner, Caceres, Bonucci, De Ceglie; Vidal, Pirlo, Marchisio; Pepe, Vucinic, Borriello

Ref: Banti

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
132435 messaggi

bologna300pixelheader.gif 1 - 1 juventus300pixelheader.gif

Marco Di Vaio (17')

Mirko Vučinić (59′)

Attendance: 19000‎

Vucinic rescues point but 10-man visitors draw fifth

league match in six to hand AC Milan title advantage

The Montenegrin forward ensured his side left Emilia-Romagna with a point to show

for their efforts, but Leonardo Bonucci saw red late on in a missed opportunity for the Bianconeri.

c3media1437483immaginet.jpg

Mar 7, 2012

Bologna held 10-man Juventus to a 1-1 draw in their Serie A clash on Wednesday, inflicting a blow to the faltering title hopes of Antonio Conte's side.

Marco Di Vaio netted his ninth goal of the season just 17 minutes in to give the hosts a surprise lead, but Mirko Vucinic was on hand to spare the blushes of the Bianconeri, scoring a sublime equaliser to keep his team's unbeaten run intact.

The match began in rather uneventful fashion, as both outfits struggled to get a foothold in the game. An alarming lack of guile in each final third made for a turgid opening 15 minutes, but in an instant, a poor piece of Juventus defending saw the arrival of the first goal.

Stephan Lichtsteiner's naive attempt to play an offside trap failed miserably, as Gaston Ramirez's piercing through ball saw Di Vaio race onto his strike partner's delivery and finish with aplomb past Gianluigi Buffon to make it 1-0 to the Rossoblu.

The half wore on with Juve trying hard to get into their stride, but their passing game was sorely lacking in invention. A succession of long balls to frontmen Vucinic and Marco Borriello summed up their performance in a nutshell.

Fortunately for purists, and Bianconeri supporters, the game opened up in the second half as the tempo was raised several notches. Diego Perez's stinging drive shortly after the restart was a sign of things to come.

Andrea Pirlo could be credited as a catalyst for Juve's much-improved showing, as his classy brand of playmaking saw him direct the majority of his side's moves, including the all-important equaliser on the hour mark.

His inch-perfect ball found an onrushing Vucinic, who delightfully chipped over Jean-Francois Gillet to throw his team right back into the reckoning with little over half an hour to go until the final whistle.

However, Claudio Marchisio missed a golden chance to make it 2-1 with a free attempt from close range, firing straight at Gillet after the keeper had superbly parried Borriello's header. The ex-Roma hitman then fluffed a tap-in opportunity after good work from Simone Pepe to drill the ball in low and hard.

Drama was to ensue though, as firstly coach Conte was given his marching orders after voicing his displeasure to the fourth official, before Leonardo Bonucci also headed for an early bath after cynically fouling Gaston Ramirez to collect a second yellow card.

Neither side could find the winner in the latter stages, giving Bologna a vital boost in their hopes of securing their place in Serie A next season. Juventus, however, now sit two points behind leaders AC Milan after 26 games, 13 of them having resulted in draws.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
132435 messaggi

logo.png

Marco Di Vaio (17')

Mirko Vučinić (59′)

Bologna keep Juve back

a63fb288deca67e9cce964a.jpg

Mar 7, 2012

Juventus were pegged back to another 1-1 draw by Bologna and Leonardo Bonucci was sent off, so they remain two points behind leaders Milan.

This match was snowed off on February 12, but also has a special meaning for the season, as going into the game Juve were three points adrift of leaders Milan thanks to the game in hand. Giorgio Chiellini and Andrea Barzagli were both sidelined, so Martin Caceres and Leonardo Bonucci joined a revamped defence. Marco Borriello was given a rare start with under-fire Mirko Vucinic.

Bologna missed Robert Acquafresca, Archimede Morleo and Simone Loria. Former Juve star Marco Di Vaio was supported by the duo of Alessandro Diamanti and Gaston Ramirez.

Borriello’s early low shot was straight at Jean-Francois Gillet and a Diamanti cross-shot was not too far off. Gillet had a scare with the Andrea Pirlo free kick deflected just wide of the far post as he scrambled helplessly across.

However, it was Bologna who broke the deadlock with ex-Juve man Di Vaio, who hadn’t scored past Gigi Buffon in almost five years. It was a classic counter, as Gaston Ramirez threaded through for Di Vaio to spring the offside trap and smartly place an angled drive past the on-rushing Buffon with the inside of his right foot.

Ramirez was off on another very dangerous counter-attack before he was rugby-tackled by Leonardo Bonucci for an inevitable yellow card in midfield.

Mirko Vucinic failed to get on the end of a long Caceres pass, as Juventus struggled to get back into the game. In fact, Pirlo was booked for hacking down Perez in the centre-circle.

Borriello and Vucinic combined well with one-touch passing, but Arturo Vidal smashed the finish well over the bar.

The second half started in the same vein, as Di Vaio fired over on the counter-attack. Pirlo’s free kick was a little too long for Caceres at the back post.

Juventus did get their equaliser with Vucinic, who until that point had done very little. He sprung the offsde trap past Andrea Raggi on Pirlo’s ball through the middle and chipped the on-rushing Gillet.

Suddenly it was like a different Juventus. Gillet performed a stunning reaction save from point-blank range on Stephan Lichtsteiner’s diving header, then Claudio Marchisio’s follow-up was spectacularly palmed off the line too.

Simone Pepe’s cross from the right found Borriello to fire wide of the near stick, but Antonio Conte was sent off from the touchline for his rather emphatic protests.

Juventus ended the game with 10 men, as Bonucci saw red for a blatant professional foul to stop Di Vaio going on the counter-attack.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Bologna: Gillet; Raggi, Portanova, Antonsson, Garics (Pulzetti 70); Mudingayi, Perez, Rubin (Belfodil 87); Diamanti (Kone 66), Ramirez; Di Vaio

Juventus: Buffon; Lichtsteiner, Caceres, Bonucci, De Ceglie; Vidal, Pirlo, Marchisio; Pepe (Padoin 85), Vucinic (Giaccherini 78), Borriello (Quagliarella 78)

Ref: Banti

Sent off: Bonucci 84 (J)

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
132435 messaggi

espnsoccemet.gif

Marco Di Vaio (17')

Mirko Vučinić (59′)

Juve squander chance to go top

20e304a02b4de0d3d02e3fd.jpg

Mar 7, 2012

Juventus missed the chance to move back to the top of Serie A tonight as they were held by Bologna at the Stadio Dell'Ara.

Marco Di Vaio put the home team in front in the 17th minute with Mirko Vucinic levelling matters for the Bianconeri in the 59th minute.

Juve lost Leonardi Bonucci to a red card in the 84th minute, while coach Antonio Conte was also dismissed as tensions flared as Juve drew their 13th game of the season, leaving them two points adrift of AC Milan at the top of the table.

Juve's biggest problem this season has been drawing too many games. The Bianconeri have not lost a single league game this term, but with now half of their games ending all square, they run the risk of going through an entire season unbeaten and still not winning the Scudetto.

They started brightly with an Andrea Pirlo free-kick taking a wicked deflection off the wall only to curl wide of the post with Bologna goalkeeper Jean-Francois Gillet beaten.

Bologna went in front four minutes later with former Juve striker Di Vaio scoring against his former club.

Gaston Ramirez sent a perfect pass through the Juve defence into Di Vaio's path and he just needed to touch the ball past the onrushing Gianluigi Buffon and into the bottom left-hand corner of the goal.

The Juve equaliser was almost a carbon copy with Pirlo this time splitting the defence with a perfect pass which invited Vucinic to lift the ball over Gillet with the outside of his right foot.

Juve pushed for a second and Gillet made a good save to keep out Stephan Lichtsteiner's header and then make a reflex stop to prevent Claudio Marchisio from converting the rebound.

In the 69th minute, a low cross from the right was met by Marco Borriello at the near post, but he shot wide.

Conte took exception to one of referee Luca Banti's decisions and was sent from the dug-out, with Bonucci seeing red late on when he picked up a second yellow card.

Juve were unable to find a second goal with only 10 men and had to settle for a point.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
132435 messaggi

Marco Di Vaio (17')

Mirko Vučinić (59′)

Player Ratings

Goal.com evaluates the performances of everyone involved at the Renato Dall'Ara,

a game in which Mirko Vucinic salvaged a point for the Bianconeri after Marco Di Vaio's opener.

8519e65a91c2a6aee8fe3aa.jpg56a3e0bc9f410d4f3d90e9f.jpg

Mar 7, 2012

6_30x30.jpgBologna

Jean-François Gillet 6.5 - Was barely called into action during the first half. In fact, he was given more to do by his own defenders on account of some wayward backpasses. However, after conceding a goal to Vucinic which he could do little about, he then stepped up to the mark by recording a terrific double save from Lichtsteiner and Marchisio.

Mikael Antonsson 6.5 - Back in the side at the expense of Cherubin and the Swede had a fine game at the back, making a succession of vital clearances as well as reigning utterly supreme in the air.

Gyorgy Garics 5.5 - Preferred to Pulzetti on the right-hand side of the midfield and saw plenty of ball in the first period. The only trouble was that he didn't do very much with it. Indeed, on one occasion, his control let him down after he had worked himself into the area courtesy of a neat one-two with Di Vaio. Replaced by Pulzetti in the second half.

Matteo Rubin 5.5 - Was even more wasteful in possession than Garics, with Rubin failing to produce a single decent cross from the left wing. He did not provide enough cover either when Pepe got going for a while in the second half.

Andrea Raggi 5.5 - Got back wonderfully well to clear with Marchisio lurking on the 12-yard spot in the early stages of the game but he was caught out horribly for the equaliser by failing to track Vucinic's run. Hard to fault his endeavour, though.

Daniele Portanova 6.0 - Was responsible for a desperately reckless challenge on Borriello on the edge of his area in the first half but, luckily for him, the free-kick came to nothing. Aside from that, he turned in a pretty disciplined display at the back and made several important clearances.

Gastón Ramírez 7.0 - Undoubtedly Bologna's brightest attacking threat. The Uruguayan does not always take the right option and can really frustrate at times. Indeed, he spoilt a fine counterattacking opportunity during the first half with dreadful close control. However, his ball through for Di Vaio's goal was sublime and he was a constant menace to the Bianconeri defence, particularly on the break during the second half. Certainly, it came as no surprise when Bonucci picked up his second booking for taking out Ramirez as he looked to surge clear.

Diego Pérez 6.0 - As ever, he was a snarling presence in midfield, rubbing every player clad in black and white up the wrong way with his abrasive approach to the game. Picked up his customary booking for a horribly cynical hack on Pepe but he will feel that he played his part in a fine point for Bologna - and rightly so.

Gaby Mudingayi 6.5 - Once again he got through a staggering amount of work in midfield. Mudingayi broke up numerous Juventus attacks and repeatedly pilfered possession back for his side while at the same time showing off his under-appreciated skills on the ball.

Marco Di Vaio 7.0 - Another inspirational display from the evergreen forward, who led the line wonderfully well. Did not get many sights of goal but then, Di Vaio never usually does so it was not in the least bit surprising that, just seconds after very nearly breaking the offside trap, he made a terrific run in behind which ended with him coolly slotting the ball past the onrushing Buffon. Worked tirelessly thereafter to preserve Bologna's lead - and a point was the least he deserved for the effort he put in.

Alessandro Diamanti 6.0 - Remains infuriatingly inconsistent but he is just as annoying for the opposition. Diamanti popped up all over the place in the first half and always offered an attacking threat. His touch let him down at times but he ran himself into the ground before being hauled off.

• Substitutions

Nico Pulzetti 5.5 - Came on for Garics for the last 20 minutes and did not really put a foot wrong.

Panagiotis Kone 5.5 - Tried to put himself about after replacing Diamanti midway through the second half but struggled to get himself into the game.

Ishak Belfodil 5.5 - Saw three minutes of action at the end after coming on for Rubin.

3_30x30.jpgJuventus

Gianluigi Buffon 5.5 - Had a minor early scare when a seemingly innocuous cross from Diamanti suddenly began bending in towards the far post only to drift just wide but, for the most part, he had not been troubled before Di Vaio coolly slipped the ball past him for the game's opening goal.

Martín Cáceres 6.0 - Handed his first Serie A start since rejoining the club in January and looked relatively comfortable at the heart of the Juve defence, pretty much winning everything which came his way in the air. However, his distribution was aimless at times.

Paolo De Ceglie 5.5 - Whipped over a wonderful cross towards the tail end of the first half after a neat one-two with Borriello and also felt he should have been awarded a penalty after driving his way into the area on 70 minutes but the referee decided otherwise.

Leonardo Bonucci 4.0 - Endured a pretty torrid evening. The centre-half was nutmegged by Diamanti early on before then being booked for a blatant pull on Ramirez as he struggled to deal with the movement and elusiveness of the Bologna attackers. The second half continued in much the same vein before he was eventually dismissed late on for taking out Ramirez.

Stephan Lichtsteiner 5.0 - Has not been impressive in recent weeks and, after a couple of poor early deliveries, he was squarely to blame for his side falling behind after playing Di Vaio onside as the Italian made a run in behind the Bianconeri defence. Nearly made amends with a header which was well saved by Gillet but, though he upped his game defensively, this was not his best game in a Juve shirt.

Simone Pepe 6.0 - Recalled to the starting lineup in place of Giaccherini and very nearly picked out an unmarked Marchisio early on but his low cross was cut out. However, he was then guilty of ruining a promising Juve attack with a horribly weighted pass to Pirlo. Pepe came to life after Juve's equaliser, though, and it was his cross which both Lichtsteiner and Marchisio failed to capitalise on. He then put the ball on a plate for Borriello but the forward fired wide.

Claudio Marchisio 5.5 - The Italy midfielder got about the pitch but exerted very little influence over the game and was lucky to escape a booking for a wild swipe at Diamanti inside the opening 10 minutes. Marchisio then missed a glorious opportunity to make amends for his ineffective showing by failing to convert the rebound after Gillet had saved from Lichtsteiner.

Andrea Pirlo 6.5 - A real mixed bag from the veteran playmaker but he always looked the man most likely to make something happen for Juve. Made a couple of timely interceptions in the early exchanges and also saw a free-kick deflected just wide but not many of his passes found their intended targets during the first half and his set-pieces uncharacteristically inaccurate. Truth be told, he looked a little off the pace, particularly in getting booked for being beaten to the ball by Perez before then being caught in possession by Ramirez. However, Pirlo produced when Juve needed him most, creating the equaliser for Vucinic with a sublime through-ball.

Arturo Vidal Pardo 5.0 - Back in the side after his one-game suspension and looked rusty early on, putting Pirlo in trouble with a desperately loose pass in midfield. Vidal was presented with time and space to shoot shortly before the break but fired way over the bar. Again he looked like a booking waiting to happen and he duly obliged in that regard just before the full-time whistle.

Mirko Vučinić 6.5 - Released Pepe into space early on but, while his direct - if laconic - running caused problems for Bologna at times, he was pretty quiet in the first period. However, he made his presence felt in the second half - and how, the Montenegrin producing a sublime finish after being put in on goal by Pirlo.

Marco Borriello 5.5 - Surprisingly selected in place of Alessandro Matri and failed to justify his inclusion. He got himself involved early on but his first strike on goal was tamely struck and easily saved by Gillet. Was not afraid to roam the channels but when his big chance came, he fluffed his lines, firing wide first time after getting on the end of Pepe's inviting cross from the right wing.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
132435 messaggi

Marco Di Vaio (17')

Mirko Vučinić (59′)

Conte: Juventus are not in decline,

but winning Scudetto will be a miracle

The 42-year-old coach has said that his players remain as committed as ever,

but conceded that his side may be unable to win the league crown.

c3media1437494immaginet.jpg

Mar 7, 2012

Juventus coach Antonio Conte has insisted that his side "are not in decline" after Wednesday's 1-1 draw at Bologna in a rescheduled Serie A match.

The Bianconeri missed the chance to catch AC Milan at the top of the Serie A table as Mirko Vucinic's goal restored parity after Marco Di Vaio's strike had given the Stadio Dall'Ara club an early lead.

It was Juventus' fifth draw in their last six Serie A games, but Conte has dismissed the notion that his side are dropping the pace.

"No, I do not think we are in decline," Conte told Sky Sport Italia. "It does not seem right to talk about a Juve in decline after tonight's match.

"We showed that we count on great men. If there is a slowing down, it is only in terms of results.

"If we win the Scudetto, it will be a miracle and we will be happy."

The 42-year-old coach, who was given his marching orders in the second half, also noted that he was happy with his side's display despite the negative result.

"I cannot ask for anything more from these guys," Conte said. "Just like against Chievo, we had a great match against a good side who are well organised and have great players.

"It is a shame that we did not win the match, despite the efforts of our players and the chances to score that we had.

"These players hate losing and that was seen on the field. When Bologna scored, they closed down well and tried to hit us on the counter-attack with their three dangerous forwards.

"I am happy that Vucinic scored, he will now be more calm."

Juventus visit Genoa on Sunday in their upcoming Serie A fixture.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
132435 messaggi

logo.png

Marco Di Vaio (17')

Mirko Vučinić (59′)

Conte: 'Juve not losing momentum'

c3media1437500immaginet.jpg

Mar 7, 2012

Antonio Conte is adamant Juventus “are not losing momentum” after Bologna held them to their fifth draw in the last six games.

The Bianconeri had a game in hand, but the Stadio Dall’Ara match that was originally snowed off on February 12 ended 1-1.

“I cannot ask for any more from these lads, just as against Chievo we played very well against an organised opponent,” said the Coach.

“It’s a shame we didn’t win despite the efforts we put into it and the chances we created. These players hate losing and you can see that in the way they step on to the field.

“Once Bologna scored, they clammed up and tried to hit us on the counter-attack with those three very dangerous forwards. I am happy for Mirko Vucinic’s goal, as now he can feel less pressure.”

Juve were missing Giorgio Chiellini and Andrea Barzagli, but will now have Leonardo Bonucci suspended for the next game with Genoa as he was sent off.

“These absences must help us to grow. Now we’ll see, but Arturo Vidal could possibly play there, seeing as we’ll be without three centre-backs. We will try to beat Genoa despite the absences.

“We are on the right track and must continue like this. Marco Borriello is a player with strong physique who helps us to hold the ball up and open up space in attack. We’ve been playing continually recently, so some squad rotation is necessary.”

The Bianconeri are now two points behind leaders Milan, as they remain unbeaten, but have drawn five of their last six Serie A games.

“I don’t think we are dropping off the pace, no. I don’t think it’s right to talk about Juve losing momentum after today’s game. We proved today we can count on great men. If there was a slowing down, then it was only in terms of results.

“If we manage to win the Scudetto, it’ll be a miracle that will make us very happy.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
132435 messaggi

logo.png

Marco Di Vaio (17')

Mirko Vučinić (59′)

Pioli hails Bologna intensity

c3media1437515immaginet.jpg

Mar 7, 2012

Stefano Pioli notes Bologna tried their best to beat Juventus and had the opportunities to do so. “It was a vibrant and intense match.”

Marco Di Vaio’s opener was cancelled out by Mirko Vucinic in today’s 1-1 draw, originally snowed off on February 12.

“I have to say it was a very vibrant and intense match with great play from individuals. We played very well in the first half, while after the break Juventus reacted and we went too deep.

“I have to praise my players, who showed great effort after a tiring game like the one against Novara at the weekend.

“We have certain characteristics and forwards with real quality, but everyone has to play with humility and hard work to allow them to do their thing.

“Our intention was to win it at the end and after a difficult start to the second half we did cause them real problems in the one-on-one. This team is here, it has faith and it can achieve important things.

“We made a small step forward and now have to think about Lazio.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
132435 messaggi

logo.png

Marco Di Vaio (17')

Mirko Vučinić (59′)

Caceres rues Juve beginning

c3media1437615immagineo.jpg

Mar 8, 2012

Martin Caceres says that Juventus’ first half performance probably cost them victory at Bologna on Wednesday.

The Old Lady racked up yet another draw, their fifth in six games, which means they are now two points away from leaders Milan.

“We needed to play with more nastiness in the first half,” the Uruguayan international, who started the game last night, stated.

“We played with the right spirit after the break, though, and we probably deserved to win the game.”

The Bianconeri would have joined the Rossoneri at the top of the table with a victory, but the former Sevilla player isn’t dwelling on the past.

“It’s a shame that we only got a point, but we’re already concentrating on the next game against Genoa,” he noted.

“We’ll go to Marassi with the intention of winning.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
Ospite
Questa discussione è chiusa.
Accedi per seguire   

• Chi sta navigando   0 utenti

Nessun utente registrato visualizza questa pagina.

• Crea Nuovo...